Sign in to follow this  
teetime

A Review and one simple Question

At first BI you really did a great job in the past. I spenden 100's of hours in playing Arma and i think nearly the same time in scripting things. Arma always was the only Game where you were able to create every mission you want.

Of course ist was always a military simulation at the first place, but people created nearly everything RTS Games, Roleplaying Games, Economy Simulations, Sandboxes, Funmission, Zombie Simulators and 1000's of military missions.

I played a lot of them i was a Solider in nearly every decade from 1930 till 2010. I fought against Germans with Shermans, crouched threw the jungle in Vietnam, sprinted over pacific beaches to conquer back airfield from them japenese Army, jumped out over desert cities to fight terrorists, earned money with selling drugs, drove races and so on.

Of course that are things a single game cant deliever or better NO other game can deliever this, because Arma2 and Arma can do this right now!

And thats the point i dont want to create a new list here with things i miss in Arma 3 and at this point a Release means Release and full price MEANS FULL CONTENT! No weak excuses at this point or how will you react if you bought a beer and you will only get the bottle with the message "we will deliever the missing contend later".

From my point of view as scripter and servermanager Arma always had only ONE really big problem and a SECOND one since DayZ.

The first and most imported the servertraffic and the laggs. You have the largest maps for real battles but on servers it will start lagging as hell with less then 30 players after nearly one hour! And i can say you i and a lot of other players would rebuy Arma2 for 100€ just with a netcode that allowes 250 player battles like in JointOps!

The Second Problems of Course Cheating, but i know enough about the Arma Code to know that every step to make cheating harder ist a step to reduce the Power we scripters have to create everything we want and as long as a Password can fix this problem i think the BE does a good jop.

So at this Point my Question:

Have you really never realized that you dont buy a Arma Game because of its contend?

We are buying a Engine and a powerfull Scriptlanguage with a good desinged landscape and enough basic things to get started with our ideas!

We want to enjoy our work and the works of others. Thats is what keeps Arma alive!

And i really miss the good desinged towns an Cities. At Sahrani you were able to fight in different regions with different plants, cultures etc. in Arma 2 you had lovely towns and a working flood and much more and in Arma 3 you get x towns and villages which are looking like a mass production of a holiday jobber! At this point i will lose no words about the cars just remember full price = full contend!

I really hope that you will use the next month to fix a lot in Arma 3, but here is my personal wishlist:

- improve the netcode!

- redesign Altis specially the towns and add more buildings even if you cant enter them because of poly count and the performace issue to many high poly buildings at one spot will create OR release the island files for modders

- add more Vehicles and Weapons and dont fear the future! I am sure that even in 2040 there will be Armys with Littlebirds, M1A1 and T72 tanks and a AK47 will still be as deadly as it is today!

- You added so much water so USE IT you dont have to create the next Silent Hunter, but some bigger ships should be possible! We are waiting for it since years!

- Just create the Sandbox we were all waiting for and you will see that the community will do the rest like in the past Arma Games

We are buying a Engine and a powerfull Scriptlanguage with a good desinged landscape and enough basic things to get started with our ideas!

We want to enjoy our work and the works of others. Thats is what keeps Arma alive!

Too bad all these self proclaimed arma vets who are making numerous complain-threads don't realise this. They still think they're dealing with a capitalistic publisher like EA or Ubisoft. This is different, this is ArmA.

Too bad all these self proclaimed arma vets who are making numerous complain-threads don't realise this. They still think they're dealing with a capitalistic publisher like EA or Ubisoft. This is different, this is ArmA.

Still you pay full price for content. The community shouldn't have to fix the the things the devs don't do. (Like making variants for each factions instead of copy and paste.)

Still you pay full price for content. The community shouldn't have to fix the the things the devs don't do. (Like making variants for each factions instead of copy and paste.)

You know what you're buying. Also, it's been like this since OFP. The beginning of a new game in the series has always been like this. But the state of the game has also always been continously improved by BI.

Look at the forums. It's getting out of hand. All these guys whining about things they thought would be in the game and demanding that BI adds these things in the game just because they think something would be cool. The things that have been promised will eventually be implemented in the game. period. Kids just don't have patience and the state of the forum right now is a perfect reflection of that.

Noone has ever promised variations between each factions. These people are in no position to demand that the developers add these. What they can do though, is stop playing the game if they don't like it instead of spamming the forum with frustrations.

Declaring that you payed for an incomplete game is total bullshit when talking about Arma. Even in the Alpha stage you had a more complete game than most of AAA titles that have come out in the last couple of years.

- You added so much water so USE IT you dont have to create the next Silent Hunter, but some bigger ships should be possible! We are waiting for it since years!
The thing is, it's coming along... in bits and pieces; unfortunately I suspect that "maritime warfare" is just not a high priority internally, so it feels like improvements are in bits and pieces and with no consistent development timetable.

You know what you're buying. Also, it's been like this since OFP. The beginning of a new game in the series has always been like this. But the state of the game has also always been continously improved by BI.

Kids just don't have patience and the state of the forum right now is a perfect reflection of that.

Noone has ever promised variations between each factions. These people are in no position to demand that the developers add these. What they can do though, is stop playing the game if they don't like it instead of spamming the forum with frustrations.

Declaring that you payed for an incomplete game is total bullshit when talking about Arma. Even in the Alpha stage you had a more complete game than most of AAA titles that have come out in the last couple of years.

Excuse me, kid, but are you on drugs?

A3 is far far better when compare to A2 at launch which I cannot even made it playable until the next 3 months.

The nub of all this seems to be that ArmA3 has a new release format, which many people are either not understanding, or are simply not liking. An initial release followed by 3+ DLCs.

Initial release sees the game released with somewhat balanced assets suitable for balanced OR unbalanced gameplay (subject to mission design).

Future releases will see extra assets (we don't know the nature of yet) plus SP gameplay.

If I'm honest I'd be a little troubled that more SP gameplay is not with the initial release, but hey, I don't know the full impact of redoing the whole game has had. (People know this right? That the initial ideas for ArmA3 had to be thrown out & started all over again in this last year? May or may not be connected with the Lemnos dev incident, but that's a guess on my part).

Don't forget, BIS have stated they will be releasing a massive update tomorrow on the dev build. I suspect this will have more content included in it as well as many fixes.