Sign in to follow this  
DocSnug

Chernarus + new Assault and Sniper Rifles

hey there

I played Arma2 OA's mods DayZ and Wasteland ALOT and really enjoyed it. I'm playing Arma3 Sa-Matras Wasteland since alpha. It's already very nice, but I really hate Stratis. It's one of the worst maps I've ever seen for this kind of mod. Altis seems to be a nice map, but i guess it s MUCH too large for Sa-Matras/Inchs 40-60 player servers. I guess you need a jet to survive on this map lol. As well I was waiting all the alpha and beta for MORE and not so futuristic weapons and vehicles. Especially I wanted to see a M24, DMR, M16, AKs and so on. I really thought it wont be too hard to update them into the game, especially because you could have used Arma2's weapon stats and design? Dunno, I just hope you dont want to sell every 2-3 months a new addon with some weapons. Ok enough of my whining, now the MOST important question:

WHEN do you add Chernarus?

WHEN and WILL you add new Assault Rifles and Sniper weapons?

or do you wait until other players did all the work and add it themself?

I just dont care alot for vehicles and stuff. Thats why I play sandbox games like sa-matras wasteland and really enjoy them. I like to stealth around and spot people and change locations after a few kills. And I'm a little tired of Katiba and MX(-M, -C), EBR weapons. TRG and MK20 is just too shitty for mid and long range ^^

if this is aimed at arma 3 devs then never as i dont think they are going to do that

There's already access to Chernerus via AllInArmA. Use that or wait for DayZ standalone.

So they wont add any "normal" assault rifles? And an official Chernarus map won't be released by BI until DayZ standalone? Is that right? That would be pretty sad :-/

Maybe my expectations were too high... I really love the engine with all the view and look around while running and so on. But the people who decided what to add into Arma3 have no style imo.

Just sad...

Hello there

Crikey, where to start...

The "normal" assault rifles you see in game are "normal" for the A3 environment.

If you want older style weapons try peeking in the mods section for the Nato SF and Russ SF mod.

Chernarus+ is being created for DAYZ a completely different game, that uses the same engine as a base. We may never see it officially in game.

Altis and Stratis are superb maps, I cannot see any issue with them whatsoever.

Rgds

LoK

ya okay but are there any nice wasteland/sandbox servers that use that kind of weapon and map mods? It makes no sense to download them if there are no servers (that are running well). I'm pretty sure Sa-Matra would have added a Wasteland (it's a mission and no mod at the moment afaik. i guess it was easier to create this way) server with Chernarus and all those weapons if they were officially released.

I know there WILL be some really cool mods with "normal" weapons. But this will take some months or years. I just didn't expect a war simulator with only 4 future assault rifles. Too bad I have to wait again so long to play this cool engine with a nice realistic atmosphere and not this future bs ;)

cheers

and there are nice sandbox missions with these weapon maps available that are people playing? then i really need to test it!

but in the beta i tried to install chernarus+ and i failed to install it (lol) but my mates couldnt really play dayZ with arma3 engine because of too many bugs all the time. dunno maybe it's better now, but i really didnt want to play a arma2 mod thats in beta stadium (dayZ), that got copied with all the bugs into a arma 3 beta. i really played too many alphas and betas and unfinished games lately. cant really play a bugged beta mod in a bugged beta game. TOO many bugs. can't handle this anymore ^^

but i ll try the mods, thanks!

---------- Post added at 19:50 ---------- Previous post was at 19:47 ----------

How can I find server that are using this weapon mod?