Sign in to follow this  
jimos

Battle eye config

Hello, i got my self a dedicated server with blue fang today and ive tried to install BEC to it but it doesnt seem to work, im logged in as admin and the !hlp commands etc dont work so ive obviously done something wrong. but also the normal #lock commands etc also dont work. Does anyone have a BEC folder from their server which they can give me to use on mine becuase i dont know how to configure it.

How do you mean. ive uploaded it to the server do i run it on my local machine too? ah i just run that and i have a message at the top saying missing f-switch need config file to start up do i also need to make the folder on my local machine to get it to work

yes, once you are done configuring you need to run a cmd prompt and point to where you have the BEC folder located then type Bec.exe -f MyConfig.cfg and then create a windows service so the BEC.exe file restarts automatically

pretty much everything is explained on this page

Jeff and Jose from bluefang are cool guys and easy to get along with, if nothing else then go talk to either of them and see if they can assist further

Ok ive told it where the config file is but im now getting a different message saying be path is not a valid directory

Edited by jimos

yup after the -f prompt type the name of your config.cfg file located in BEC

in the target line of the shortcut you placed on your desktop add -f Config.cfg or whatever the name of the cfg file is

Yes ive dont that but its still giving me an error. aslo when im follwoing the cmd part of the instructions im using the command cd to tell it to look in the bec folder but its not doing it

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\BEC

ok then in cmd prompt type the following

cd\C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\BEC

once there type Bec.exe -f whateveryourcfgnameis.cfg

it should launch the BEC.exe

Ive got it to change directory and typed Bec.exe -f config.cfg but i still get error saying be path not a valid directory

Edited by jimos