Sign in to follow this  
RogerDodger

No Women=Disturbing

Maybe female civilians haven't been added because BIS is unsure about how to handle the clothing customization. Because they don't want players going immediately to the editor to undress the female characters and saying hurr hurr look at teh boobies.

One solution to that is just to have their clothing be part of the model and disable uniform customization, like the 'Orestes' story character.

Bikinis instead of underwear? Simple solution.

As regards the issue, that would make no difference. It would still be a half naked female.

But I guess the issue would be moot if BIS eventually released that bikini-clad female unit from the screenshot.

Edited by 2nd Ranger

Oooooo ... yah! There are already Middle-Eastern, Black, Latino, Mediterranean and Asian characters in the game. So whats the big deal?

rachel_washburn_mazoreta4_jpg_jpeg_image_350_428_pixels__pChcVpCF.sized.jpg

1337693540_33.jpg

Besides it being unnatural to have an entire Armaverse populated by virile, in-shape men it wouldn't hurt BIS to implement women in general, even just as civilians. I'm sure it would draw a few more women purchasers to the game too.

Edited by MissionCreep

Maybe female civilians haven't been added because BIS is unsure about how to handle the clothing customization. Because they don't want players going immediately to the editor to undress the female characters and saying hurr hurr look at teh boobies.

One solution to that is just to have their clothing be part of the model and disable uniform customization, like the 'Orestes' story character.

It's just an accepted fact that some players will do that. Best you can do is ignore it. Dayz has both genders able to strip down into their underwear.

The real problem is why can't we remove the guys shirt to make them look more like tourists on the beach? :)

yeah i'd like to see some tourist civilians who wear normal underwear and not that underarmor stuff

Hi, IMO BIS fears the use that they could do with the female characters, because that could change the age rate of the game on certain countrys and even ban in on some others; aside of the extra work and money into the female characters, hire a female for the mo-cap animations and hire various females for the voice samples to speak all the voice commands and maybe campaign and SP missions predefined text. But i'll like to see female soldiers on the game, not only civilian females; by the 2035 sure that there will be much more female soldiers arround the world and IMO... BIS should include 'em no matter what. Let's C ya

bis always included females, both military and civilian. in their first game, they even showed a female soldier getting killed so i doubt it's political, cultural, or financial reasons. if it's controversy they fear, then i just don't get it since there's so many other more popular games where females can get killed or worse. and up until arma 3, they never skipped on female civilians either. remember arma 2? a women was gang raped in that game until she was rescued by force recon. there were also so many different varieites of both men and women civilians, even different body shapes in both arma 2 and its expansions.

don't tell me the prospect of having to do one or two undergarments has put them off the idea entirely?

none of this makes sense to me, considering they had no problem with females before.

bis always included females, both military and civilian.

Untrue, they never included any woman soldiers (apart from Angelina in OFP).

that's the one i was talking about. i don't think they have a problem with it.

Oh my lord, not this post again.

IT IS NOT NEEDED. There is no real reason to put anyone in the game. For all i care we could be playing as super-engineered humans with no gender.

Its not disturbing, its a choice that was made because too many resources would be used to "satisfy" a lower percentage of people.

Please leave this be. :(

yeah, so worng of the to satisfy the realism and immersion crowd. best to just satisfy all the people who don't care if they're playing as engineered super soldiers. did you buy the wrong game? wolfenstein is that way>>>

Don't care about female soldiers :P

BIS has to concentrate on important things/fixes before wasting time on character mods.

Whats the difference between male and female characters really? You want to wear lipstick while going to war!?!?!

I want females in the game mostly for the civilian side. Fill your mission or ALIVE game with civilians adds a whole different level of immersion.

I want females in the game mostly for the civilian side. Fill your mission or ALIVE game with civilians adds a whole different level of immersion.

Yes, i tend to agree, it's weird to have only male civilians.

I'd be happy with just Chernarusski babushkas. If that doesn't deter the sex perverts, I don't know what will.

Arma 2 and OA had lots of civilian women no problems there as far as I know. It would also add to the immersion. If they can add ambient fish, turtles and god-only-knows what to the ocean, they sure as heck can add women to the civilian population. I don't see how adding women to Arma3 will cause controversy that will hurt sales. Ever hear of an obscure little series called Grand Theft Auto? 200 million copies sold worldwide.

Edited by MissionCreep

Exclusion of females from the game is bad practice on grounds of discrimination of the female playerbase (which may be tiny, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't exist) AND further failing to represent 50% of the human species. There is no good reason for excluding females as player character models aside from the usual non-arguments that are stated, such as the meaningless debate about how many bottles of water females can lift and who is better at parralel parking.

I think it is a gross mistake not to include female characters. I hope that BI will state that this was done out of lack of resources instead of other reasons.

And if people get their rocks off over female soldiers in a game, that's not the game's problem, but rather a nice representation of the sexual repression of our society, but that's another story.

tl;dr: Females represent 50% of the human species. There is no reason to exclude them apart from the arbitrary decision that "Males are usually frontline soldiers, we only did male soldiers so far, therefore we should only include male soldiers."

That the female voicework would be too much to do is not an argument: Take On Helicopters has female voice acting for players. All parts. Models? Well, only one female uniform is needed for all sides. Slightly slimmer cut (not as drastic as most Addons so far, Uniforms are baggy no matter the wearers plumbing.), maybe slightly smaller height. Use the same helmets and vests.

The endless arguments of the community have been here and will likely stay, until we hear something definitive from BI themselves.

tl;dr: Females represent 50% of the human species.

Women are actually the majority .... every time you take a "dushan" out in A3, you are contributing to that statistic.

If current priorities hold, mermaids will probably be added to the sea in Arma 3 before women are added on land!

Edited by MissionCreep

I hope that BI will state that this was done out of lack of resources instead of other reasons.

They have stated this, official response from the feedback tracker

Community asks for female soldiers, we are aware of this but ARMA 3 developer team does not have time and human resources for making them at the moment as this means recreating all body worn gear models to fit for female body model and adjust animations or even do a new motion capturing session.

I hope they do get round to it, both soldiers and civilians, arma is one of the only games these days that doesn't, other than those with a set main character.

that's regarding female soldiers, but what about female civilians? maybe the lack of resources comes from splitting the team off to work on dayz?

i'd welcome women, heck even children in the game for better immersion. if some psychopath wants to play carmageddon with them - who cares. there are enough games out there for those kinds of people anyway.

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

that's regarding female soldiers, but what about female civilians? maybe the lack of resources comes from splitting the team off to work on dayz?

I guess a post-apocalyptic island full of male characters and male zombies is too unrealistic and unnatural.:j:

most definately.

people like to say "it's two different teams" but that is exactly the point. all the people that are able to do what arma needs are working on dayZ. they are creating a shitload of models for it, including females and clothes for them, and all the people who are able to make real engine changes (some even were involved in writing the engine i think) are assigned to dayZ. rocket repeatedly likes to mention the graphics and physics programmers he has working for him etc. as far as BI is concerned arma 3 is released. dayZ on the other hand is in alpha. so it's pretty clear where the priorities are. not judging here. i just think that's how it is and i get it, considering the hype around dayZ and the sales numbers it generated even in its totally unfinished state.

There is no good reason for excluding females as player character models aside from the usual non-arguments that are stated, such as the meaningless debate about how many bottles of water females can lift and who is better at parralel parking.

I can think of at least 2 good reasons to exclude females. 1. It'll take time/resources away from much more pressing development issues, and 2. inclusion of playable female characters could very well ruin immersion (and just all around playing fun) for those who wouldn't appreciate the influx of teenage boys who now want to play soldier as a woman and run around in underwear or otherwise minimalist attire. Sure, BIS could guard against this by developing additional features (such as ensuring characters aren't playable in underwear only), but then we're back to point 1.

Edited by Harry_Flashman

Once they've finished with Limnos I'm sure they'll start work on Lesbos (sorry, couldn't resist

2. inclusion of playable female characters could very well ruin immersion (and just all around playing fun) for those who wouldn't appreciate the influx of teenage boys who now want to play soldier as a woman and run around in underwear or otherwise minimalist attire. Sure, BIS could guard against this by developing additional features (such as ensuring characters aren't playable in underwear only), but then we're back to point 1.

An influx of players is a good reason not to do it? really?

There will always be idiots online, idiots mean sales, just don't play with them.

Leaving out features for fear of idiots abusing them is a dodgy path to be heading down... look at voice chat, the cyber bullying potential there is far worse than any abuse of a character model.