Sign in to follow this  
CyclonicTuna

UAVs getting "stuck"

So I thought I'd start up the UAV showcase and start playing around with the UAV's. And then I encountered the most insanely lazy, crappy gameplay mechanic I ever encountered in a game. It was a bug that I encountered previously in Arma II. I'm sorry to say this, but this pisses me off and its fucking bullshit.

I've never ever played a game where a bug not only trancends patches, and DLC, no no. A bug that actually trancends titles. I had the same problem in AII and reported it back in, I believe 2010, that when you assign a waypoint to a UAV it doesn't go there rather it just stays in one spot and circles there like it doensn't know what to do. It was supposetly patched but kept returning, and actually with held me from UAV's at all.

I mean, this thing doesn't even need pathfinding because its in the fucking air. How fucking diffucult can it be? I couldn't care less about how big the Island is, for all I care its the size of Utes, but "most polished title yet" my ass. If this is the best bohemia can do in 4 years then its the last product I'll ever buy. I want something playable.

I thought Bohemia was diffrent but it seems to follow the same path as every other tactical shooter, make it pretty first and worry about the gameplay when people start complaining about it. We don't even get a decent campaign on release, and there is only 1 jet to fly in. In every aspect this is less of a game then AII and I think I'll be removing this from my computer and be playing that again soon.

Watch your language ;)

I was warned for saying sh*t not long ago.

Well yeah, they should know its retarded. I mean, I almost have no words for it. Its just, just insane to think that a bug actually returns in a sequel of a game.

Well TBH i don't really understand the purpose of the OP.

I had this very bug happening a lot, now i know that it's another bug and not my end's falut

I had this very bug happening a lot, now i know that it's another bug and not my end's falut

Yep, i must admit i struggled a little to find what the bug actually is in all those angry sentences. Now the title is edited i got the point.

Edited by ProfTournesol

You know what, I started the NATO showcase now, and I wanted to take off with the MQ9 inspired UAV, the one with the propellor on the back. And it won't even take off. It won't even move when I press the gas button. I mean, this is unacceptable. First you claim to be working on "the most stable title yet", then you scrap a whole lot of stuff last minute without even informing the community properly, and its STILL filled with bugs.

I'm done with this franchise...