Sign in to follow this  
thesneak

I am a player of BI games from OFP CWC. Heres what I think.

But in Arma3, the equipment the various factions use is identical.

Some of them have different models, if you're lucky, most are just painted different colors.

It's way beyond my understanding why they made new arma title with the same engine or without major performance fixes on it. They should have started with the fixes and if not possible forget the whole thing or change the engine totally, ppl have been telling them from arma 1 that your engine is awful atm and needs major fixes but we seen only small tweaks no major updates on the engine ... but maybe they know there ain't no real alternatives for arma so why bother :|

The content is atm scarce but the community will fix this (damn your starting to hear this wayyyy too often it shoulden't be community's job to produce basic stuff they should be producing just extra) but the community cant fix the engine problems, so maybe I'll just have to wait year or two to community add stuff and pc's performance to go up enough to run this properly

Edited by SissiSaatana
typos

The content is atm scarce but the community will fix this

how the community can fix the recoil in almost all vehicles?

how the community can fix the recoil in almost all vehicles?

That's not exactly what content is.

Content, meaning things like; Factions, Vehicles, Weapons, etc.

However, there are community made mods that do change things like recoil and whatnot.

That's not exactly what content is.

Content, meaning things like; Factions, Vehicles, Weapons, etc.

However, there are community made mods that do change things like recoil and whatnot.

hu? ok we wait the max files from BIS

I can believe it, because I know its true.

DM...just leave. So far in every thread you made an utter fool of yourself. In every thread I see you you are in the middle of getting destroyed by everyone else. You are either the biggest fanboy ever, stupid, or indeed a BIS employee.

It really doesnt help your beloved game company when the last guy who actually defends this abysmal release behaves like you.

Hello there

Ive not slept since yesterday morning, its now tomorrow afternoon.....I think...

The reason being? Because I've been playing or fiddling with A3 almost nonstop.

Now, hold on. I'm not a fanboi and I too have criticisms, but at the end of the day the 20 or so quid paid for this game has easily been worth it.

Yes, the initial content is not as much as "we" wanted, but there's a fair amount of new higher poly kit/buildings/etc etc and so many subtle and not so subtle engine improvements just to name some. The game isnt perfect but I'm just astounded to see the vast amount of vitriol aimed at the game/devs/mods etc.

Constructive criticism *is* needed. Ranting is not.

Nor is blind fanboi-ism as that helps no one.

if we put our concerns over in a calm and cogent way then we are far more likely to get a result near to that which we want, rather than being sarcastic or raging that the devs "lied" etc.

OP might have some points, but to me it comes across as so sarcastic that if I were a dev, I'd probably dismiss it out of hand. No offence meant.

Most of us seem to be fairly bright folk why don't we post like it?

Rgds

LoK

DM...just leave. So far in every thread you made an utter fool of yourself. In every thread I see you you are in the middle of getting destroyed by everyone else. You are either the biggest fanboy ever, stupid, or indeed a BIS employee.

I think you'll find its the other way around.

Also, as I;ve already said, I do not work for BI Studio.

It really doesnt help your beloved game company when the last guy who actually defends this abysmal release behaves like you.

And your bitching does? I think you'll find that your posts help the company exactly nothing.

As for "abysmal release" well, again, thats your opinion. And your opinion doesn't really matter. On the whole, the game is selling well (front page on steam, top 5 in the top sellers, etc) and has pretty good critical reception with reviewers (metacritic currently gives it 70, based on 6 reviews).

So yeah, "abysmal failure" it clearly isnt (no matter how many times you say it, it wont come true).

Ive not slept since yesterday morning, its now tomorrow afternoon.....I think...

The reason being? Because I've been playing or fiddling with A3 almost nonstop.

First, my suggestion is that you sleep a bit. You'll enjoy more the game if you are fully rested, besides that it'll be more healthy.

On the other hand, as it is, I do truly believe that even with only the infantry of each side and the island, you could spend hours and hours, and do a lot of different missions with the editor.

That doesn't mean that I wouldn't love to have even more vehicles than the released ones, and that I doesn't feel a little bit disappointed.

Said that. I agree with you orlok completly, criticism is important, it's the only way to improve the game and to help the devs. Obviously as long as it's constructive and respectful.

And radical fanboyism is neither the way to go, to insult/harass the people who are posting only makes it worse.

Writing in an educated manner is the way to go. Because what we ALL want is a better game to have fun with, isn't it?

op is 100% right..i feel you in every point of your thread...Developers step forward and explain yourself, stop hiding in the imporitant threads..give us answers

Also, as I;ve already said, I do not work for BI Studio.

Isn't BI Simulations close enough conceptually (and physically) to make your denial a tad specific and possibly misleading?

to make your denial a tad specific and possibly misleading?

Denial of what?

Find me one post where I have denied there are bugs or that there isnt enough content.

Thats right, you can't.

I haven't denied anything. All I've said is that bitching about it like

is not the way to get it fixed.

I've pointed out that forward porting content from A2 is not as "quick and easy" as people with zero experience think it is.

I've pointed out that its melodramatic and over the top to call the game an "abysmal failure" becuase it doesn't feature your favourite variant of M16, or the fact that despite the limited content it is still totally playable.

And I'm the misleading one? ......

@all users i would like to remind everyone of the forum rules. Please be constructive when posting, if not you may find infractions will be handed out.

Thanks R0adki11

I think he was referring to the difference between BI Studio and BI Simulation IE Arma vs VBS.

EDIT: Dangit roadkill!

Denial of what?

Find me one post where I have denied there are bugs or that there isnt enough content.

Thats right, you can't.

I haven't denied anything. All I've said is that bitching about it like

is not the way to get it fixed.

I've pointed out that forward porting content from A2 is not as "quick and easy" as people with zero experience think it is.

I've pointed out that its melodramatic and over the top to call the game an "abysmal failure" becuase it doesn't feature your favourite variant of M16, or the fact that despite the limited content it is still totally playable.

And I'm the misleading one? ......

I'm talking about your relationship with Bohemia Interactive (and Bohemia Interactive Simulations).

Isn't BI Simulations close enough conceptually (and physically) to make your denial a tad specific and possibly misleading?

So he IS working for them or at least one of their associated companies? Oh god Im laughing my ass of here. That explains everything.

But now back on topic: ArmA III already has a function to add messages to the player when the game starts up. BIS has to use that to address the players and show the a roadmap for upcoming DLCs and content. That should calm a lot of people down (If they have something in petto that is). Just a button like Mass Effect had, where you can look at upcoming stuff.

BI: "Still learning this whole social media outreach thingamajig doohickey." :lol:

For example, this is one such candidate for that "message of the day" field:

ok, as some of you may know the DEV branch gets update at monday (if all goes well)

what some may not know is that DEV branch is now reverted to stable branch which means it's 2-3 weeks backward on fixes ...

and as we fixed already quite bugs and performance issues

(and added some more optimizing (again subtle not superlatives))

then there will be leap ahead of actual 1.0 stable branch ...

Yet we have to go to an unpinned topic on the Steam forum for Arma 3 to find this out.

Not trolling here, but does it seem to be a bit odd that everyone here claims to have been playing the series since OFP? I would imagine that playing since then would invalidate many of the negative comments directed at Arma3 simply because you'd understand the game better and what it's trying to accomplish. You see the same thing with bands that become popular.. "I've been listening to them since the EP!"

Anyways, from my perspective, Arma3 has no shortage of sandbox content. I'm having a blast retexturing addons and creating new OPFOR units, and I imagine the stock content alone will allow me to do that for quite some time. My only gripe is that "hiddenselectiontextures" doesn't work on about 50% of the vehicles, preventing the community from modifying their appearance and creating new variants.

I hope this is fixed in a patch very soon, as it would allow the community to have full access to Arma3 content for mod production, and thus partially alleviate the demand for new material.

BI: "Still learning this whole social media outreach thingamajig doohickey." :lol:

For example, this is one such candidate for that "message of the day" field:Yet we have to go to an unpinned topic on the Steam forum for Arma 3 to find this out.

+1 for that.

You have an in game direct channel with players and are barely using it.

For example, this is one such candidate for that "message of the day" field:Yet we have to go to an unpinned topic on the Steam forum for Arma 3 to find this out.

Or you go to the pinned dev changelog here in the official forum.

Not trolling here, but does it seem to be a bit odd that everyone here claims to have been playing the series since OFP? I would imagine that playing since then would invalidate many of the negative comments directed at Arma3 simply because you'd understand the game better and what it's trying to accomplish. You see the same thing with bands that become popular.. "I've been listening to them since the EP!"

It's easy to lie on the internet.

I know because my computer that came from the future has software on it from the future NSA that allow me to detect posts containing lies.

Anyway I was playing the OFP pre alpha, ten years before it was even thought of so my opinion is more important and valid that anyone elses and you should all defer to me and make the game in my image.

If you need to legitimatize yourself with "I've been here from the beginning" then you're a twerp

Although I do understand where you're coming from. Someone probably already mentioned it, but the Ghosthawk is based on the real-world UH60 that was shot down during the Osama raid. The AH99 is based on the RAH-66.

haha ofp pre alpha.. but jokes aside i played ofp - started with the demo - and I love arma 3.. yea nothing to see here.. just wanted to point that out.

Anyways, from my perspective, Arma3 has no shortage of sandbox content. I'm having a blast retexturing addons and creating new OPFOR units, and I imagine the stock content alone will allow me to do that for quite some time. My only gripe is that "hiddenselectiontextures" doesn't work on about 50% of the vehicles, preventing the community from modifying their appearance and creating new variants.

I hope this is fixed in a patch very soon, as it would allow the community to have full access to Arma3 content for mod production, and thus partially alleviate the demand for new material.

Seriously, that "band" was different - and it's GOTY award. Because of certain reasons obviously.