Sign in to follow this  
thesneak

I am a player of BI games from OFP CWC. Heres what I think.

All of that is irrelevant when your point was to ridicule the notion that Arma 3 would be around for more than a year. All of the games in the series have been considered worth playing several years after the original release despite standing issues in certain areas.

and the *IL2 series was around and well supported till CLOD ...18 months later the plug was pulled due to BAD performance problems. It does happen celery and maybe this time the arma community will not be so willing to accept nor the new people who buy the game. I am seeing people who have been around these forums for years but have never really said much till now! the lack of content the cut n paste topped off by the old performance issues may be the straw that breaks the camels back....so yes i am correct in assertion that this is not a game for the ...next years

*IL2 1946 is still played and modded however it successor (cliffs of dover) was a nightmarish mismanaged disaster that was dropped 18 months after birth.

The A-10 will not be in service when Arma 3 takes place. It's successor will be.

Nope.

"With a variety of upgrades and wing replacements, the A-10's service life has been extended to 2040."

Nuff Said

---------- Post added at 02:11 ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 ----------

NUFF SAID

http://i.imgur.com/0Q1QtWB.jpg?1 (233 kB)

No, they are working on various tickets. But they do not want to say they are and then disappoint everybody if something goes wrong.

Nope.

"With a variety of upgrades and wing replacements, the A-10's service life has been extended to 2040."

You mean the US still have a manufacturer for the A-10 in the armaverse? Hallelujah or however the hell you spell that word. Would be awesome if it were like an A-10C or even more digitized like an F-16 block 60 http://www.afwing.com/intro/f16_talk/f16_viper/block60cockpit.jpg

Edited by NodUnit

Sorry but look at the TOP tickets, those are the biggest issues that need fixing and none of them were addressed.

Did they say that that was the reason they took it out? Are we sure it wasn't because they failed to complete it? I don't see why you would make it and then take it out. You might as well put it in the game and not use it in any missions. When the camel was released no one complained that it was too old for the Cold War.

Well, the difference between a rail/coil gun and a traditional chemical propeller is that a coil/rail use electrical generated magnetic field to accelerate the projectiles instead of chemical explosives, which means there really ain't that much of changes needed, all they have to do is to decrease the ROF to simulate capacitor recharge time and make sure the gun cannot operate if the engine is too badly damaged to generate enough power for cannon operation.

You mean the US still have a manufacturer for the A-10 in the armaverse? Hallelujah or however the hell you spell that word. Would be awesome if it were like an A-10C or even more digitized like an F-16 block 60 http://www.afwing.com/intro/f16_talk/f16_viper/block60cockpit.jpg

Your link doesn't work.

Anyway, if the awesomeness of the plane itself isn't enough, he is also

. That takes things to a whole another level huh? :coop:

Also, that camo suits Arma 3:

terminator%20a10.jpg

Well, the difference between a rail/coil gun and a traditional chemical propeller is that a coil/rail use electrical generated magnetic field to accelerate the projectiles instead of chemical explosives, which means there really ain't that much of changes needed, all they have to do is to decrease the ROF to simulate capacitor recharge time and make sure the gun cannot operate if the engine is too badly damaged to generate enough power for cannon operation.

Heat becomes antoher problem but I dooubt it would be a modeled in Arma.

Edited by Smurf

I really hope the C-130 in the tactical guide is just a placeholder, because the A400M is its successor and its just way to old to be in Arma 3. It would be something that the AAF would use because they couldn't afford to upgrade their fleet of aircraft. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?161576-A-Large-Fixed-Wing-transport-aircraft-for-Arma-3/page18

Heat becomes antoher problem but I dooubt it would be a modeled in Arma.

Not that much of a problem compare to accelerate protons to 99.999999999%of the speed of light;)

Nope.

The comanche helicopter was cancelled 9 years ago.

But, alas, here it is, the "blackfoot."

:j:

One simple example: there was railgun/coilgun tank, people bitched their tits off, there is now no railgun/coilgun tank (it has a normal smooth bore cannon now).

Proof that they "took the future out" because of the plethora of "community" bitching about the "OMG FUTURE SUCKS"

Well, as it seems...

The butthurt is strong even in THIS one! ;)

DM seriously. How can you beleave such nonsense? the community isn't the ceo at BI. it's their game. they make decisions with THEIR ip.

how can this even make sense...i repeat, the community (and not some users on a thread) spammed the tracker and voted (as requested by bis themselves)...and yet the 10 bigger bugs/features on the tracker got ignored...

please tell me how does this make sense?

and who says that it should been in the game in the first place? there was a shitload of stuff that did not get in the game...

however i don't understand why cut so much content with models and textures already made? aren't they pushing for dlc's i hope..

Edited by GottyPlays

The comanche helicopter was cancelled 9 years ago.

But, alas, here it is, the "blackfoot."

:j:

So the fuck what?

So the fuck what?
I have no idea what wgaf's going on about either; the point of divergence (POD) in the timelines was 1982, and in the Armaverse timeline what would in our timeline have been called the RAH-66 Comanche was never cancelled (over 20 years after said POD) and ended up being called the AH-99 Blackfoot once in production.

Who cares?

At what point in the magical timeline did the different factions just start using repainted/reskinned copies of one another's equipment?

This isn't how Arma / OFP games work.

Thanks for the laugh OP. (Not sarcasm)

I really enjoyed the part about snakes opening doors.

Edited by David77

A new Arma game was released, and everybody was surprised and started raging because the chance of this happening was highly unlikely. They need to inform other people so they tell everybody on the internet. They still have fond memories of "Arma 1 - Game 1.0 Texture Pack" and Arma 2 1.00 Nothing-really-works-but-look-at-that-grass.

Arma 3 sucks because engine is the same (I'm sure they just forgot to how to use that time machine), there are no cool non-Australian trucks, ships, jets from which you can frown at the many rocks (who here doesn't love the flat green scenery that is the epitome of the environment design), more hills (hills help make the map more hilly), more forests (there can never be enough of these serene places which are good for having really lots of trees), and last but not least all the shit that was never even mentioned but assumed to happen because of the power of wanting something really much.

Arma 3 can can only be compared to some other parallel universe Arma 3 that has all the modern weaponry (but no Arma 2 reskins cause thats bad), new engine, more trucks, trains, rivers, everything from the wishlist thread and no wind mills because they kill the birds(wrong camo) and confuse the cattle which in turn produce less milk.

Finally, everybody can get back to their favorite pastime of playing the old Arma until they forget why they hate the new one. After that, a new title is announced and the cycle is repeated.

A new Arma game was released, and everybody was surprised and started raging because the chance of this happening was highly unlikely. They need to inform other people so they tell everybody on the internet. They still have fond memories of "Arma 1 - Game 1.0 Texture Pack" and Arma 2 1.00 Nothing-really-works-but-look-at-that-grass.

Arma 3 sucks because engine is the same (I'm sure they just forgot to how to use that time machine), there are no cool non-Australian trucks, ships, jets from which you can frown at the many rocks (who here doesn't love the flat green scenery that is the epitome of the environment design), more hills (hills help make the map more hilly), more forests (there can never be enough of these serene places which are good for having really lots of trees), and last but not least all the shit that was never even mentioned but assumed to happen because of the power of wanting something really much.

Arma 3 can can only be compared to some other parallel universe Arma 3 that has all the modern weaponry (but no Arma 2 reskins cause thats bad), new engine, more trucks, trains, rivers, everything from the wishlist thread and no wind mills because they kill the birds(wrong camo) and confuse the cattle which in turn produce less milk.

Finally, everybody can get back to their favorite pastime of playing the old Arma until they forget why they hate the new one. After that, a new title is announced and the cycle is repeated.

Expecting a polished near bug/free experience from a game that enticed QUALITY OVER QUANTITY for months after cuts and cuts? i hope you don't seriously mean that.

if you do, i suggest you to play trespasser. that game was probably made for people like you :)

He (DM) is a BI employee... as per my last post in this thread.

I would just like to point out that this is incorrect. I do not work for BI Studio.

Well, as it seems...

The butthurt is strong even in THIS one! ;)

DM seriously. How can you beleave such nonsense? the community isn't the ceo at BI. it's their game. they make decisions with THEIR ip.

how can this even make sense...i repeat, the community (and not some users on a thread) spammed the tracker and voted (as requested by bis themselves)...and yet the 10 bigger bugs/features on the tracker got ignored...

please tell me how does this make sense?

and who says that it should been in the game in the first place? there was a shitload of stuff that did not get in the game...

however i don't understand why cut so much content with models and textures already made? aren't they pushing for dlc's i hope..

So by that logic (that BI does not listen to the community) what is the point of posting all these rant threads? Surely, just like the bug tracker, they are going to ignore them?

And for the record: my butt is far from hurt, I'm posting at the moment loling my face off at how self-entitled most people in these threads are. unlike the rage that I can imagine most of you are posting with because A3 doesn't have your favourite M4 variant, or the RWS turrets are the same for all sides.

DM seriously. How can you beleave such nonsense?

I can believe it, because I know its true.

<Snip>

Bravo, that whole post hit the nail right on the head.

I would just like to point out that this is incorrect. I do not work for BI Studio.

The question is, do you work for BISim?

Who cares?

At what point in the magical timeline did the different factions just start using repainted/reskinned copies of one another's equipment?

This isn't how Arma / OFP games work.

Maybe not repainted/reskinned copies, but just an example. Choose for yourself which of these nation(s) aimed this gun at US soldiers at least once in the past 50 years.

So imho...