Sign in to follow this  
thesneak

I am a player of BI games from OFP CWC. Heres what I think.

The OP hits it 100% absolute spot on correct.

A thorough and damning indictment of this disastrously bad release.

---------- Post added at 23:41 ---------- Previous post was at 23:38 ----------

Is there any word on BI firing people over this debacle? Do they have shareholders?

To be honest, with all the lack of time and recourses, I dont think they would have been able to do a proper future setting anyway.

Maybe maybe not, but the community outcry sure didn't likely encourage them to bother pursuing the angle.

Maybe maybe not, but the community outcry sure didn't likely encourage them to bother pursuing the angle.
Something for which I still haven't forgiven the community. :p

"Resources" though is far more nebulous than time IMO as far as how things went "off".

They should change their slogan, at least for now, from "This is War" to "This is the begining..." or something.

They should change their slogan, at least for now, from "This is War" to "This is the begining..." or something.

"This will be war", would fit more. Any way, looks like we are gonna have an awesome game for the next years.

I don't think the poster knows that the Merkava tank is real and not some stealth tank. He didn't do his research on what actually exists in real life and thinks the Militery would keep the A-10 rather than move to better aircraft.

Ah yes, the L-159, which the armies of the free world have been replacing their A-10s with for a decade now.

Ah yes, the L-159, which the armies of the free world have been replacing their A-10s with for a decade now.

Uhm, but if the USAF is the only A-10 operator. Isn't it?

The L159 has been used by Spain and Czech Rep. and in the close future by Iraq.

I've also never heard of any A-10 operators besides the US military, so no reason that the L-159/A 143 can be held against NATO's complement. Okay, so that's because "the armies of the free world" wouldn't have A-10s to begin with...

If anything, what you should be keeping an eye out (read: preparing your "BS!" call) on is what the already-announced BLUFOR CAS aircraft ends up being.

A-10 awesomeness beats any excuses to not include it. It's a gun with a airframe FFS!

A-10 awesomeness beats any excuses to not include it. It's a gun with a airframe FFS!

The A-10 will not be in service when Arma 3 takes place. It's successor will be.

Maybe in 2035 they found a bigger gun. :lol:

Ah the good old A-10. :o:

The plane that was the only jet in OFP at release. The plane they patched into Arma 1 after release (there was only one jet in Arma 1 at release too), then recycled as the exact same model for Arma 2.

The A-10 has at one time or another, been everything that is apparently wrong with fixed-wing aircraft in Arma 3.

Edited by da12thMonkey

How can you confuse a Cobra with a Comanche? How???

So much angry in this thread. Do any of you guys have any Idea how much work went into this thing,

thats were i stoped reading...sorry bro but your not paying attention...there is a LOT of cut n paste here...

The A-10 will not be in service when Arma 3 takes place. It's successor will be.

Probably its successor is gonna look quite much the same but with renewed avionics. It would be a nice addition anyway.

Probably its successor is gonna look quite much the same but with renewed avionics. It would be a nice addition anyway.
Sounds like conceptually that's what "a US military in the 2035 Armaverse" would aim at -- a similar concept but with the latest hardware and "built digital from the beginning" (i.e. designed with the glass cockpit concept in mind instead of having to be upgraded in a manner such as the A-10C).

and what will that be? a klingon bird of prey? ;)

Question is wether or not the Armaverse USAF generals are as idiotic as they are irl, using an ungodly expensive jet fighter as CAS when history has proven time and again that slow, armored, exceptionally maneuverable to low speeds aircraft are the best for that role.

"This will be war", would fit more. Any way, looks like we are gonna have an awesome game for the next years.

Confirmed, BI employee here^^^....either that or you live in a fantasy world of your own making....next years?!?!? the engine can ot even use the hardware we have now how does that translate to ...next years?

Question is wether or not the Armaverse USAF generals are as idiotic as they are irl, using an ungodly expensive jet fighter as CAS when history has proven time and again that slow, armored, exceptionally maneuverable to low speeds aircraft are the best for that role.
The answer will end up being "whatever excuse we can make up to justify our gear/vehicle choices". Mind you, I don't even mind that...

Confirmed, BI employee here^^^....either that or you live in a fantasy world of your own making....next years?!?!? the engine can ot even use the hardware we have now how does that translate to ...next years?

As far as I know, I'm not getting paid by BI ( though if they or anyone else fancy send money to me... I'm open to it ).

It's my personal opinion judging how the game is evolving ( that's why I said "looks like" ) :)

Did you miss the memo on how long the previous titles were actively played and how they ran on contemporary hardware at launch day?

Did you miss the memo on how long the previous titles were actively played and how they ran on contemporary hardware at launch day?

did you miss the memo on how many years the performance issue has been talked about? and was/is the number 1 issue with A3? this is not a "brand new engine" the core of A3 is the same as A2 ..a the engine is not capable of scaling across multiple cores properly...does that sound the like the future to you?

did you miss the memo on how many years the performance issue has been talked about? and was/is the number 1 issue with A3? this is not a "brand new engine" the core of A3 is the same as A2 ..a the engine is not capable of scaling across multiple cores properly...does that sound the like the future to you?

All of that is irrelevant when your point was to ridicule the notion that Arma 3 would be around for more than a year. All of the games in the series have been considered worth playing several years after the original release despite standing issues in certain areas.

Well Tiscali's been raggin on the Arma series since forever but here's what they think: http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fgames.tiscali.cz%2Frecenze%2Farma-3-recenze-63987&act=url

I remember they trashed Arma 2 at inception but later upped the score after a patch revist.

Altis is good an all an love the ArmA OFP series, I think now the shock is over an the reality is seting in. Combined Arms? Wheres the NATO air? Is it somthing there maybe gonna surprise us in a patch later with the campaign release? I dunno I just feel like BO let the cat out of the bag on this one. I'll play it...sure but just well nvr thought I'd here myself ever say this about a BI an or ArmA...a lil disappointed.