Sign in to follow this  
Seitan

ArmA 3 release day maps made by Bohemia Interactive

Coop 10 Escape from Altis - time of day setting does not work.

Coop 10 Tanks - AI gunner doesn´t obey. (second tank) If you give him a tarket. It just targets something in the sea. Even if the target icon points to somewhere else. Then when you order fire, fire, fire, fire, fire. The AI shoots rapid fire with main gun. Like it was a machine gun. :j:

Seize 10 and Defend 10 missions - What are they? PVP? Two teams against common enemy? You can choose if teams works together? Anyway 10 players. That's ridicilous.

"Multiplayer up to 100 players" ymm yea right. Multiplayer with more then 20 players is a slide show, if there is ai involved.

Point is. There should have been a big good pvp and coop map for everyone to play on release. Now new players jump in to some invade&annex server and see that 20fps slide show and never come back.

Guest Ti0n3r

What if BI devs tried to hook up with the original developers of modes like invade & annex or wasteland and then began work on optimized versions that could be included in later patches? Nothing wrong with current variants of these missions but I'm sure performance could be increased quite a bit if BI devs and community designers shared their experiences and knowledge of the engine and coding driving the missions.

My take on this problem might be a bit naive (guessing devs are busy with the campaign episodes) but I'm just tierd of all the posts complaining about bad performance and content without actually sharing any ideas on how to improve or solve these issues. Not referring to you though, OP. I pretty much agree.

What if BI devs tried to hook up with the original developers of modes like invade & annex or wasteland and then began work on optimized versions that could be included in later patches? Nothing wrong with current variants of these missions but I'm sure performance could be increased quite a bit if BI devs and community designers shared their experiences and knowledge of the engine and coding driving the missions.

My take on this problem might be a bit naive (guessing devs are busy with the campaign episodes) but I'm just tierd of all the posts complaining about bad performance and content without actually sharing any ideas on how to improve or solve these issues. Not referring to you though, OP. I pretty much agree.

I wonder the same thing, about BIS not teaming up with existing popular mission makers to bring an official version.

From Flashpoint to Arma1 : I was surprised they didn't work with the OFP MFCTI or CRCTI creators to include a version for Arma1

From Arma1 to Arma 2: I was surprised to see that they didn't get in contact with the maker of Evolution to include an official version for Arma2

From Arma2 to Arma3: Again I was surprised that they didn't try to include a Domination version of there own (I some how don't think Xeno would help them)..Or as you say contact the Invade/Annex guy(s) to include an Official version.

As much as they really like and appreciate the user content that is made (mods/missions/etc), which they always mention in interviews. They never seem to be interested in taking the best stuff and trying to get it into the next iteration of their game. I have always found this odd.

If they do, they seem to just do a "re-imagining" of it rather than just looking at what the community has made and works really well and just implementing it in the same way. For example: ACE had a great Backpack, Tank Fire Control system etc and they made their own, not-quite-as-good-versions for Operation Arrowhead. The same with Warfare, instead of just copying what MFCTI or CRCTI did, they made their own not quite as good version.

Kind of annoying really.

Warfare was made by Mike Melvin - author of MFCTI. Which was added in an A1 patch and was part of A2 and OA.

Evolution can be found in the source of A2.

Celery and Rocket were meant to make MP content for A3.

Other than that I agree very much..

umm, seize and defend, looks clearly like pvp mission to me. But why bother, when we got annex and invade, wasteland, other type of pvp missions, which clearly are on official missions level? Is that just another way, to complain about bis or what?

i am usually not the guy "twisting a knife in a wound"... but... this release is indeed an Epic Fail - and many many have seen that coming since it went Beta and with that, usually the core-engine wouldn't be touched anymore / not in-depth...

"Legendary" Xeno, for example, stopped developing/editing already a while ago. And i know understand him (very much)!

I needed somewhat longer to realize and finally decide that i need to quit trying to create a "128 players PVP CTI" - as it is simply not possible, for so many different reasons.

But there are enough threads/critics/feedbacks and workarounds relating to MP-performance (and all aspects belonging) that showed all this problems were known /communityproven since Alpha...

Maybe, 2014 or somewhat - this will be a patchworked piece of Gaming-Software similar to "other" Games from 2012/2013 when it comes to Multiplayercounts, Server-Stability, Servercores-Utilization, Netcodes and Performance.

Good Luck fellow Hosters & Editors ;)

"Multiplayer up to 100 players"

BWAHAHAH ...yes,..but only without ANY other Scripts/Tasks/Vehicles/ whatever / on the Map ... ^^ SCNR

Edited by Blue1

;2501364']Warfare was made by Mike Melvin - author of MFCTI. Which was added in an A1 patch and was part of A2 and OA.

Evolution can be found in the source of A2.

Celery and Rocket were meant to make MP content for A3.

Other than that I agree very much..

Ahh interesting' date=' didn't know that. They did change it about quite a bit though. For some reason I didn't really enjoy it as much as the OFP CTI's.

Evolution can be found in the source of A2

Don't quite understand this. Is it like they had intended to have a version in it, but it never got finished or some thing like that?

i am usually not the guy "twisting a knife in a wound"... but... this release is indeed an Epic Fail - and many many have seen that coming since it went Beta and with that, usually the core-engine wouldn't be touched anymore / not in-depth...

"Legendary" Xeno, for example, stopped developing/editing already a while ago. And i know understand him (very much)!

I needed somewhat longer to realize and finally decide that i need to quit trying to create a "128 players PVP CTI" - as it is simply not possible, for so many different reasons.

But there are enough threads/critics/feedbacks and workarounds relating to MP-performance (and all aspects belonging) that showed all this problems were known /communityproven since Alpha...

Maybe, 2014 or somewhat - this will be a patchworked piece of Gaming-Software similar to "other" Games from 2012/2013 when it comes to Multiplayercounts, Server-Stability, Servercores-Utilization, Netcodes and Performance.

Good Luck fellow Hosters & Editors ;)

"Multiplayer up to 100 players"

BWAHAHAH ...yes,..but only without ANY other Scripts/Tasks/Vehicles/ whatever / on the Map ... ^^ SCNR

are there many non MMO games out there, which have smooth 100 man gameplay servers, or 100 man slots at all? :)

Even MMOs sometimes struggle with having 100 players in the same area. World of Warcraft actually took a long time before it could have perfectly stable 40 vs 40 going on, and many years after its release still had problems with having ~200 players in the same area (meaning within sight range of each other). But then again MMOs have a lot more to deal with than just the interaction between the players inside the given area, while in a game like ArmA you have 1 dedicated machine dealing with "only" those 100 players. So it's really a different animal.

more or less is always COOP modes this game is suited only for coop nothing more