Sign in to follow this  
Ice_Rhino

Mission Extraction - Is it illegal or just dirty and illegal?

Now that we are at full release, I was wondering if it is possible at all to extract the PBO files for the in game missions as a learning tool for basic editors such as myself. I really want to learn the art of scripting and hope that the professional missions provided would give me that insight?

Any ideas?

T

How else are you gonna learn? :) Open them up, and read all you can and use the same tricks.

Only DLC single player content was protected in ArmA2 and even then the scripts were readable and that was fine.

How do I find the missions. I have found what appears to be a main pbo folder, just trying the find the mission with the armour battle and taking the factory etc

Why should it be illegal ? You do that every time you play the mission in the background.

If you want to use something from that mission (scripts, sounds, other stuff) that's something different. For user missions, I would suggest contacting the author and asking whether they are ok with it or not.

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

How do I find the missions. I have found what appears to be a main pbo folder, just trying the find the mission with the armour battle and taking the factory etc

They are in Arma 3/Addons/missions*.pbo

The newly added missions are in: \Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\Addons\missions_f_gamma.pbo

But there are other folders with data and videos as well, but the main things are there.

Main part of the missions should be at missions_f.pbo, missions_f_beta.pbo and missions_f_gamma.pbo but there are more supporting pbo.

missions_f.pbo:

Showcase_Helicopters, Showcase_Infantry, Showcase_SCUBA, Showcase_Vehicles, MP_COOP_m01.Stratis, MP_COOP_m02.Stratis

missions_f_beta.pbo:

Firing_Drills (1-4), MP_COOP_m04.Stratis, Defense, Showcase_Combined_arms.Stratis, Showcase_Commanding_I.Stratis, Showcase_Night.Stratis, Showcase_Supports.Stratis

missions_f_gamma.pbo:

Firing_Drills (5-10), MP_COOP_m03.Altis, MP_COOP_m05.Altis, MP_COOP_m06.Altis, MP_COOP_m07.Altis, MP_COOP_m08.Altis, Seize,Faction_BLUFOR.Altis, Faction_INDEPENDENT.Altis, Faction_OPFOR.Altis, Showcase_Arma.Altis, Showcase_Drones.Altis, Showcase_Gunships.Altis, Showcase_Tanks.Altis