STALKERGB

STALKERGB's British Infantry

Would it be possible to get some more unit types. Stuff like ammo bearers, heavy weapon teams, shotgun carrying breachers and even less realistic loadouts like with cqb optics or ironsights instead of zoomed optics. I know its entirely possible to make these in the arsenal, but its a pain in the arse copy pasting everything all the time.

You can always make your own units, its actually one of the simplest addons you can make, just a config and you're all done. Have a search around the addons forum and you'll find some stuff on how to do custom units.

Hello everyone,

Bit of Bad news I'm afraid, as of this morning I seen to have had a complete HDD failure on my main computer. That means all my ARMA work has been lost as far as I can tell. I thought I'd backed it up on my laptop (in fact thought I'd copied it over twice, must have deleted each copy thinking the other was still there!)

With that in mind for the foreseeable future I'm declaring myself "out" of modding, really just don't have the will to start over at the moment...

That doesn't mean that I won't return at some point to modding but it's not at the forefront of my mind these days, sorry to anyone who still was looking forward to any possible updates on my infantry.

To anyone who had requested permission for modifying my work, for personal/clan/group use feel free to re-do the config or re-texture the addon, based on what I've written above I can't exactly offer any of the source models anymore (sorry guys!)

All the best,

Matt

Hello everyone,

Bit of Bad news I'm afraid, as of this morning I seen to have had a complete HDD failure on my main computer. That means all my ARMA work has been lost as far as I can tell. I thought I'd backed it up on my laptop (in fact thought I'd copied it over twice, must have deleted each copy thinking the other was still there!)

With that in mind for the foreseeable future I'm declaring myself "out" of modding, really just don't have the will to start over at the moment...

That doesn't mean that I won't return at some point to modding but it's not at the forefront of my mind these days, sorry to anyone who still was looking forward to any possible updates on my infantry.

To anyone who had requested permission for modifying my work, for personal/clan/group use feel free to re-do the config or re-texture the addon, based on what I've written above I can't exactly offer any of the source models anymore (sorry guys!)

All the best,

Matt

...........slowly salutes

EDIT: Seriously, thanks for your work.

Will be awaiting your return, good luck

Edited by Jonathan0434

Sorry to hear that Matt - bad luck.

I was mulling with the idea of asking if you wanted to keep a backup of the source on our GIT... Should have thought faster.

SJ

Sucks to hear that bud. If you ever want to get back into modding, i still have your vest source files :), ill make sure to have a backup somewhere aswell

How would could i go about retexturing these how would i open the texture from texview 2 or is there no way to ?

Thanks for your contributions so far Stalker, hope to see you modding again in the future! :)

I went ahead and added to the config, it adds in ammo bearers, Javelin soldiers, Stinger soldiers, Charlie G soldiers, snipers, extra groups and CQB versions of all the soldiers, except for where it would make no sense like marksmen (added in a marksman with a .338 too) All the units use the CUP weapons so its literally just this file needed to added in. I also upped the amount of ammo the lighter equipped troops carried (mainly riflemen and squad leaders) to what I feel is a more usable amount. I may also update this if necessary.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xieqrqh8uu...p_cfg.pbo?dl=0

the phantom of hard drive failure strikes again...

thanks for your dedication Matt! Wish you all the best for your future endeavors.

Mjolnir66 - hi just tried to download this and its getting an error from dropbox saying it can't find it...

One of the beat British mod!

Just one thing,CUP weapons all missing muzzle flame now,and I'm using Trixies British Weapons right now.

Has anyone fixed the L129 so that the silencer actually shows up as it can get a bit confusing for others when firing etc.

Is there any way to use this on a server as just skin for players? That is, without the required weapon mod (CUP + ASDG)?

Yes in theory. It'll spit out script errors though that it's trying to find those dependancies

did you mean? "can you ask STALKERGB to use kiory's new gun?"

No entry .model ??? Pls help

Be a bit more descriptive and maybe someone can help. A bug report that is 5 words long couldn't be any more vague...well, I suppose it could have been 4 words long....or 3 words....but I digress.

Is it a particular unit that causes the error?

Do you have all necessary dependant mods?

Are you running any other mods that could interfere?

Are you running the latest stable version of the game? or are you running DevBranch?

What is your starsign?

All of them

Yes

Possibly??? All other unit mods are fine, can't preview in editor but works in MP

Yes

Cancer