STALKERGB

STALKERGB's British Infantry

What dose logo_STKR_ca.paa

and mod.cpp

where should I put it? please respond to me :(

What dose logo_STKR_ca.paa

and mod.cpp

where should I put it? please respond to me :(

Those define a logo and description for the 'mod' and should sit in the top level mod folder - by default '/@STKR/' with this addon - you'll see them when you look at the 'configure > expansions' menu in game. If you're just putting the .pbos into your main addons folder (not recommended) or another folder with other addons you don't need to worry about them.

There is a bit more information at Armaholic's FAQ section here:

http://www.armaholic.com/plug.php?e=faq&q=18

Those define a logo and description for the 'mod' and should sit in the top level mod folder - by default '/@STKR/' with this addon - you'll see them when you look at the 'configure > expansions' menu in game. If you're just putting the .pbos into your main addons folder (not recommended) or another folder with other addons you don't need to worry about them.

There is a bit more information at Armaholic's FAQ section here:

http://www.armaholic.com/plug.php?e=faq&q=18

So if i work this with other addons in one folder

I don't have to put them right?

So if i work this with other addons in one folder

I don't have to put them right?

Thats right, they don't have any effect on the units themselves.

Um nope lol.

I can only assume it's to do with Kiory's SA80's going by the fact only the arms are deforming for the weapon hold animation.

I believe he updated the addon after it's initial release so it may be worth re-downloading his addon.

Not sure what else would cause that and I'm unable to replicate it on my end.

I literally just downloaded it today mate. Maybe I have somehow broke it lol

where from?

I assume the issue occurs at all times immediately after placing a unit? does it occur on all of them or just the Squad Leader?

The link on the first page on this thread. Only when holding the SA80 which obviously means its something to do with this. Not sure what though

The link on the first page on this thread. Only when holding the SA80 which obviously means its something to do with this. Not sure what though

haha yeah which one of those? AFAIK I'm currently using the DL from Armaholic so it might be an issue with the version on AA.info

Ah i couldnt get on armaholic link earlier al try that mate

Ah i couldnt get on armaholic link earlier al try that mate

If using that DL works fine just drop a quick post in here and I'll edit first page accordingly.

Hi, love your addon, especially all the custom equipment, very well done! Is it possible you add the classnames for the items as well (ie HMMNVS, backpacks, etc)? Keep up the great work! I look forward to your future works!

Hi, love your addon, especially all the custom equipment, very well done! Is it possible you add the classnames for the items as well (ie HMMNVS, backpacks, etc)? Keep up the great work! I look forward to your future works!

"STKR_UBACS",

"STKR_UBACS_KNEE",

"STKR_UBACS_GLV",

"STKR_UBACS_ROLL",

"STKR_Osprey_R",

"STKR_Osprey_G",

"STKR_Osprey_SL",

"STKR_MK7",

"STKR_MK7_Scrim"

"STKR_MK7_ScrimB",

"STKR_HMNVS",

"Brit_PackCom",

"Brit_Predator",

"Brit_Predator_AT",

"Brit_PredatorBow",

"Brit_MLode",

"Brit_MLode_Med"

Fair warning, the backpacks will have changed classnames next release, will swap "Brit" for "STKR", was something that slipped through before release.

Good effort but what's wrong with their upper arms/shoulders? It looks like they have been doing some serious body building.

In-case you need them, although I suspect you won't since these are, for the most part, very accurate (or you've checked out alot of BAF photos already) :)

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt104/vor033/British%20Army%20-%202/3_zps4abe4a76.jpg

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt104/vor033/British%20Army%20-%202/d4a8bb71.jpg

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt104/vor033/British%20Army%20-%202/05cd1c3b.jpg

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt104/vor033/British%20Army%20-%203/British%20Army%20-%204/2_zps7f7fe774.jpg

Edited by AMS AGENT 000

Good effort but what's wrong with their upper arms/shoulders? It looks like they have been doing some serious body building.

Well, the shoulders are largely the same shape as the ones on BIS samples from A1/2 but I assume you are referring to them being too square?

Well, the shoulders are largely the same shape as the ones on BIS samples from A1/2 but I assume you are referring to them being too square?

I think what he means is the effect produced by the apparent shortness of the neck. When not wearing a vest, the Units look as if they forcibly lift up their shoulders to make their necks disappear.

Scratch what I said here, it made no sense.

Edit: Made a sketch to show what I mean, I can't convey this in words so well.

Pmmpl1z.jpg

This shows where the shoulder on the body slopes to and where the arm connects, roundabout. It's just a matter of a little bit of slope to the shoulder and a little tug inwards. I have an UBACs shirt and they really make your shoulders look broader and your arms beefier because of the cut, so this is already very close. I hope I'm being helpful here and not arrogant or anything.

Thanks for the Units, beautiful addition to the game.

Cheers

Insta

Edited by InstaGoat

I think what he means is the effect produced by the apparent shortness of the neck. When not wearing a vest, the Units look as if they forcibly lift up their shoulders to make their necks disappear.

Scratch what I said here, it made no sense.

Edit: Made a sketch to show what I mean, I can't convey this in words so well.

http://i.imgur.com/Pmmpl1z.jpg

This shows where the shoulder on the body slopes to and where the arm connects, roundabout. It's just a matter of a little bit of slope to the shoulder and a little tug inwards. I have an UBACs shirt and they really make your shoulders look broader and your arms beefier because of the cut, so this is already very close. I hope I'm being helpful here and not arrogant or anything.

Thanks for the Units, beautiful addition to the game.

Cheers

Insta

I think what InstaGoat showed with the diagram is what I was getting at. The shoulders and upper arms do look a bit too wide/large from a left-right and front-back view. I do agree that the UBAC cut should be a bit slimmer and tighter. Now that i think about it, the pants also look a bit large around the thighs. No disrespect however, just my honest opinion.

BTW, anyone else excited that BIS will give us the whole Arma 2 library at some point for modding?

So these are just great, however I'm curious if you're gonna stick with Kiory's FANTASTIC Sa80 for nostalgia'a sake, since it's already being considered for replacement, some saying the F90 being the primary candidate and the ADF guys -http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20582-have entered a GREAT F88 model into their mod(the sound alone....) with apparently the F90 on the way. Now I know all too well the military can be slow to implement some things, but one would think that 22 years from now they would have done this already.....The Brits generally have decent kit after all, with upgrades not quite as frequent as say the USA, but still 22 years is a long time....I would believe it. Not bothered either way, just food for thought.

So these are just great, however I'm curious if you're gonna stick with Kiory's FANTASTIC Sa80 for nostalgia'a sake, since it's already being considered for replacement, some saying the F90 being the primary candidate and the

Well the speculation is that the Sa80 will be replaced with the F2000 ( already ingame ) or the hk G36. Here you have for example an article in the Daily Mail.

I never heard of the F90 as replacement, any source?

Edited by MistyRonin

Good thing you asked MistyRobin!

I went on a EPIC search through my browser history, almost two weeks back, but I found it! Turns out I had my Bullpups mixed up! The rifle I was thinking of was the Famas, not the Sa80. Here's the source though, good old wiki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FAMAS#Future_replacement - under the Future Replacement section. Apologies Everyone and Mr.Stalker. The question however stands...are you using the Sa80 for nostalgia purposes(have people indicated that they want it this way) or is simply because the outstanding quality of Kiory's Rifle fits the outstanding quality of your troops so nicely. After all we can add what we want through scripting, however Arma 3 have introduced more people to the Armaverse than ever before, I'm just wondering if forcing a new player to learn how to use the init/scripting commands straight of the bat, merely to replace a rifle that is surely not gonna be used anymore, is maybe gonna scare of too many people that will already be overwhelmed by the complexity of the game compared to other FPS-ish games.

BTW MistyRain, that was a interesting article. Cheers.