Sign in to follow this  
KingoftheSandbox

What is the awesome work the graphic artists of Arma 3 did...?

like stated yesterday on a twitter channel, i was hoping for at least one cool surprise...so what is the awesome thing they did? still downloading the fullgame with my crap connection...

My guess: Steam Trading Cards (they are actually quite cool, but hardly what the community wanted).

Wow, really? am i right with the fact that anybody could create a trading card like that in <=1 hour. please make it so that people hadnt enough time to find the graphical awesome thing=)^.

They created a new video game genre

Island Vacation Simulators

Im OK with the content and i love the game. looks like you got nothing to say then bashing, so move on. This was a simple question-thread.

Seriously, do you think, you will feel better after you crossposted your boring mantra in every new thread that's made today? 2200 hours of ArmA2 obviously weren't worth a single post but the release of "Island Vacation Simulators" makes you post 21 (mostly repetitive)rants within 12 hours. Well then, happy posting...

@ King: In fact i'm curious about that as well and I also hope its not about Steam Trading Cards.

Well they ARE Graphic Artists. I mean, that's my lot in life, so I assumed they did stuff I did, which was design graphics and adverts and such. I saw the tweet, and didn't expect anything that would effect the game proper. I figured it'd be a nifty map or something. :P

I have not the time to argue with you, but your whole opinion is wrong. like the vehicles are real and there are wepoans that work under water etc.. it has been discusseed too often. Just that: you are 95% wrong with your assumptions. And no thats not a opinion thats just how it is.. Im only to lazy to present it.

Here is one Steam Trading Card I have right now. They do look cool :)

36636746158cb38795e0eb6cdde17624d7183ed4.jpg

I don't think they mean Dslyexcis work. Steam trading cards: Have not yet understood what this is good for/why one would want virtual cards. I have plenty of them.

Maybe they meant this (probably awesome) work

Oh man!! That looks AMAZING!! I wonder if there will be a print option available? I know, I'm old and I like paper!!

Edit: Should have read the article before squealing like an excited fangirl at a One Direction concert. Yes, it WILL be available in print!! Huzzah!

Edited by horrorview
I am an idiot.

Oh man!! That looks AMAZING!! I wonder if there will be a print option available? I know, I'm old and I like paper!!

Edit: Should have read the article before squealing like an excited fangirl at a One Direction concert. Yes, it WILL be available in print!! Huzzah!

Loved that mate, made me giggle like a girl!

[...]

Lovely image :D

Ah, so the tweet hinted at these trading cards... Oh, I was hoping for some in-game effect, like the colored clouds. Oh well.

I still have no clue what a Steam trading card is lol.

bis never fails to disappoint

When i'm disappointed by a game or a studio, i don't post 100 times the same rants.

When i'm disappointed by a game or a studio, i don't post 100 times the same rants.

on top of it, for 10 years apparently, since BI disappointed him EACH AND EVERY TIME!

Gotta give the guy a prop, though, he's persistent.

They look amazing, but completely unrelated to in game abilities or possibilities. :) But they are awesomely beautiful.

Virtual trading cards. So I can trade them. With my "friends".

Edit: Put a HEMTT up for sale for $250. lol.

Edited by Venom817

Virtual trading cards. So I can trade them. With my "friends".

Edit: Put a HEMTT up for sale for $250. lol.

That's way to cheap mate. It's at least worth $275 - the retail price of the real vehicle.

That's way to cheap mate. It's at least worth $275 - the retail price of the real vehicle.

Well with any luck, Ill find a dedicated collector who will pay those kind of sums in order to stare at it for days. :803:

Wow, really? am i right with the fact that anybody could create a trading card like that in <=1 hour. please make it so that people hadnt enough time to find the graphical awesome thing=)^.

Okay, go ahead and paint one of those images for me then, right now. Paint me a tank, art wench!

Seriously though, no need to undermine the artist's work on those. They are pretty cool, if nothing more than basically concept art.