Sign in to follow this  
lavbo0321

I think sombody forgot something...

What happened to the long anticipated Uniform and Gear tool we were promised???

I still can't gear my guys the way I wish in the editor. Seems to be a very simple tool yet BIS still can't get it up.

So now I have to wait for some kid to come up with some addon????

WEAK

Not impressed so far with ARMA III. Prettier but that is about it.

As far as i remember it was mentioned in several sitreps.

They "promised" dropdown look-a-like menues to adjust gear and weapons in the editor.

Will try to find the specific one.

EDIT:

Ok its not easy lol, the sitreps just redirect you to arma3.com atm, so cant look for the source.

I did however find theese bug reports, confirming this feature:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=958

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=1407

Khan, a developer said:

This feature will be present in later versions/final version of the game.

Thanks for your feedback.

Edited by Byrgesen

Good find Byrgsen, thank you.

@OP, I stand corrected and I am now asking the same question!

People have been wondering what happened to this feature since alpha, and its pretty obvious that this has been axed and might show up post release...

Well, i guess all we can do is wait for the official respond, hopefully we can get one soon.

It is abit disapointing they "promised" it but never spoke of it again.

Please BI, can we get a dev response?

Didn't someone say that it would appear eventually, maybe by release but not for sure?

So far one developer has stated (on the tracker) that this feature will appear in "some later version", and they also teased it in one of the early streams but said it wasn't ready to show yet.

Not sure how anyone managed to interpret this as "promised for release", but hey, look where I'm posting.

So far one developer has stated (on the tracker) that this feature will appear in "some later version", and they also teased it in one of the early streams but said it wasn't ready to show yet.

Not sure how anyone managed to interpret this as "promised for release", but hey, look where I'm posting.

I have to admit i read it like it would be there in final release. Sounds like many others did aswell :)

But eventually is fine, as long as we get it at some point.

Would be depressing if this was axed aswell.

What is disappointing is, that this feature has been shown in an early video from Dyslexi, and it seemed to work well.

The first time I have launched the Alpha, I have wondered where this features was...

What is disappointing is, that this feature has been shown in an early video from Dyslexi

I think you're referring to this Buzzz. It's a script that you can download and use to get your setups easily and paste in your soldiers init fields. However I agree it would be a nice feature to have directly in the editor.

edit:

And the link might be of value here... Dslyecxi's Arma-3-paper-doll-gear-selector

:p

I have to admit i read it like it would be there in final release. Sounds like many others did aswell :)

But eventually is fine, as long as we get it at some point.

Would be depressing if this was axed aswell.

dooont say that!!! lol don't jinx it.

I really wished this was in the game by now :/

it will boost my rating for arma 3 sky high if I can customize my gear and my units gear and clothing...

be even better if we can save templates!!

i.e. setup 1 = grenadier

setup 2 = sniper

etc etc like VAS

Yeah so umm anyone know when BIS is actually releasing arma III as this can't have been the launch!!! This would have to be an EA launch

I think you're referring to this Buzzz. It's a script that you can download and use to get your setups easily and paste in your soldiers init fields. However I agree it would be a nice feature to have directly in the editor.

edit:

And the link might be of value here... Dslyecxi's Arma-3-paper-doll-gear-selector

Thanks Ringo. I didn't know this was a script. I hope it works OK with the full release.

I seem to remember it was seen in the livestream back in June. they didn't actually use or show it, but the tab could be seen in the editor

im sure people hate scripting loadouts that's the problem... hence why this in editor loadout thing was designed for.

really looking forward to this little implantation just wish we had some more information on it to be honest.

not much bar 1 dev has really commented on it.

edit:

Combining this with VAS is a winner for creating pre-made loadouts for MP games that support VAS (most of them).

I didin't mean to sound like a hater. I was up all night waiting for the release and see how Main Branch looked. So I may have sounded a little grumpy.

I will hope for a reply from a dev regarding this tool. I really want to get away from scripting with Arma3 as much as possible. My paticulary playing style is not necessaryly the way most peaple play Arma so I don't expect the dev's to loose any sleep over this facite of Arma3.

My biggist grip I guess is it seems we are going backwards in game development. When you have played video games for as long as I have, since 1982. I have had dozens of military games with this ability and not to have it in a game produced in 2013, seems very odd to me.

IMHO

I didin't mean to sound like a hater. I was up all night waiting for the release and see how Main Branch looked. So I may have sounded a little grumpy.

I will hope for a reply from a dev regarding this tool. I really want to get away from scripting with Arma3 as much as possible. My paticulary playing style is not necessaryly the way most peaple play Arma so I don't expect the dev's to loose any sleep over this facite of Arma3.

My biggist grip I guess is it seems we are going backwards in game development. When you have played video games for as long as I have, since 1982. I have had dozens of military games with this ability and not to have it in a game produced in 2013, seems very odd to me.

IMHO

But you are right.

In the sense we should have this by now, not waiting past full release for something as "simple" as a loadout editor tbh.

But we are still waiting for dev words on it.

its simple they have got to take into account the people who do NOT have the knowledge of scripting! and im sure a majority of gamers don't want to learn doss language either

please please devs make this game less script based so we can all make really good detailed missions

A dev response would be much appreciated!!!! It is making this game less and less desireable to play. Will be spending my time with Total War: ROME II. A game developed by a team that listens to it's community.

its simple they have got to take into account the people who do NOT have the knowledge of scripting! and im sure a majority of gamers don't want to learn doss language either

please please devs make this game less script based so we can all make really good detailed missions

It only takes about 20 minutes to get to grips with scripting, it's really not something to be afraid of, especially since there is a complete command reference on the wiki.

That said though, I was looking forward to a GUI based loadout editor, but Dslyecxi's paper doll tool does the job just fine. What I'm really waiting for is the missing uniforms to arrive.

It only takes about 20 minutes to get to grips with scripting, it's really not something to be afraid of, especially since there is a complete command reference on the wiki.

That said though, I was looking forward to a GUI based loadout editor, but Dslyecxi's paper doll tool does the job just fine. What I'm really waiting for is the missing uniforms to arrive.

I could not get Dslyecxi's tool to work to save my life. But that was way back on the Alpha. Is it good to go for the Gold? But it does not make the global changes I would like to make to the default roll class's. I would like to reconfigure my whole BLUFOR rolls.