Sign in to follow this  
MarjahGrunt0331

Boehmia, be reasonable, and honest.

While everyone who has purchased the game has the right to express his opinion, it seems to me that people enjoy in criticize Bis more than play the game.

Got the deluxe edition just to support Bis (who cares about the bonus soundtrack or the map?) and although I am a bit disappointed about the lack of content of the game, i still think that with 39 € Arma III is a good deal (25 € is a great deal) and the money are well Worth... Think to Arma III as an investment in the future of your money: I am almost sure you'll not be disappointed...

While everyone who has purchased the game has the right to express his opinion, it seems to me that people enjoy in criticize Bis more than play the game.

I play the game, if i have something to play... this game haven't SP nor MP, only a few showcases.......

Well I would've enjoyed playing the game more than criticizing BIS if it had other sides but BLUFOR.

TBH, the game should still be called "Alpha". I really wish BI were more honest about what the people are getting. ArmA II was a complete game, if a bit unpolished. ArmA III is, at release, more akin to an alpha version, with half the assets missing and very few missions.

Agree with you. Many of my friends want to try something more 'real' than BF3. I know ArmA, so I knew what I was paying for. But at that price, I'm not sure if I should recommend it for my friends.

At 5999 USD people are expecting a full game with minor bugs. How will I tell my friends that they have to wait for more optmization, for future patchefor more mods to come out to be able to play a game that they paid more that the full normal price of a full game?

If you paid about $6000 USD for the game, you might want to check who you purchased it from.

Oh god people, do you really not remember what vanilla launch ArmA 2 was like? Stop bitching, go browse Armaholic for some cool content and wait for the big modders to start working/stop bitching about stupid things.

I can't argue with the OP. But first... It's a no brainer that most long time BI community members are going to grab the game. Be it 30$ or 60$. They realize what they're getting for the most part. They realize they are getting a huge sandbox game that will take time to mature. They realize that there hasn't been any good official campaigns since OFP (CWC, Redhammer, resistance). This is nothing new. That said, I do agree it's not right to charge ignorant people 60$. New people are expecting a campaign, MP servers with good pvp, a large pool of vehicles & weapons, a tutorial and all of that jazz.

I personally love Arma3. I think it's great already & I'll have no problem watching it's maturing process. IMO though, BIS should have waited to release the game. It needs more DeV time. It wouldn't have bothered me one bit if they'd waited until late 2014 - early 2015. We'd all still be able to enjoy the "beta".

Edited by David77

People have different expectations :) and if their expectations are not met, they are free to ask for a refund.

Please let us know how to go about this if possible. :)

I personally love Arma3. I think it's great already & I'll have no problem watching it's maturing process. IMO though, BIS should have waited to release the game. It needs more DeV time. It wouldn't have bothered me one bit if they'd waited until late 2014 - early 2015. We'd all still be able to enjoy the "beta".
Ehhh, "we're launching in 2013 come hell or high water" was revealed as a fait accompli as far back as the Steamworks announcement (itself a fait accompli)... it may not have bothered you, but it certainly doesn't sound like it would have been allowed by the-powers-that-be, who I'm certain knew the inevitable demands for the game to be delayed (so that it wouldn't be Steamworks) but chose to disregard those players.
Please let us know how to go about this if possible. :)
Go ask Valve (no sarcasm).

Oh god people, do you really not remember what vanilla launch ArmA 2 was like? Stop bitching, go browse Armaholic for some cool content and wait for the big modders to start working/stop bitching about stupid things.

You're such a boot, talking about Arma II.

Please tell me how I need to refrain on how I feel like I've been let down by this release considering I've been around since the beginning. I know about releases/mod work/breaking new ground but I should shut my mouth right? Because it's expected that they release a game that isn't fully functional and we should just wait for them to fix the rest. Should we just sit back and wait for the release we should have gotten from the beginning?

You sire, are an idiot.

P.S. - Please telll Llama, Kegetys, Mr.Burns, Suchey, AvonLady that they should expect this. You'll get a prompt bitch-slap from the past.

Edited by Wilco

should the arma 2 launch be as example for future releases? or they could simply do that again..

People have different expectations :) and if their expectations are not met, they are free to ask for a refund.

steam doesn't do refunds. one of the reasons they made this game steam only.

Now that you mention it I do. I believe there was a campaign. Oh and single player missions. Plus, according to wikipedia (I'm too lazy to count) over 100 vehicles which seems like a reasonable number. People have the right to bitch. Matter of fact if they don't then people will think that releasing half finished games without a large portion of the content is okay. I find it funny that I say that because it obviously hasn't helped any around here. First we had Armed Assault with little content and broken features. Then we had A2 with a lot of content and broken features. Now we have A3 with little content, no campaign, and broken features. If I was a new player and bought this game for 60 USD I would be pissed!

Maybe I'm being a bit too harsh though. I know they had a lot working against them and I know that they did their best. I'm also not saying that the stuff in the game is bad but it sure is missing a lot and I feel like the project as a whole is not something I could recommend to a friend.

Now that you mention it I do. I believe there was a campaign. Oh and single player missions. Plus, according to wikipedia (I'm too lazy to count) over 100 vehicles which seems like a reasonable number. People have the right to bitch. Matter of fact if they don't then people will think that releasing half finished games without a large portion of the content is okay. I find it funny that I say that because it obviously hasn't helped any around here. First we had Armed Assault with little content and broken features. Then we had A2 with a lot of content and broken features. Now we have A3 with little content, no campaign, and broken features. If I was a new player and bought this game for 60 USD I would be pissed!

Maybe I'm being a bit too harsh though. I know they had a lot working against them and I know that they did their best. I'm also not saying that the stuff in the game is bad but it sure is missing a lot and I feel like the project as a whole is not something I could recommend to a friend.

Sorry for forgetting about you in the list brother! You are a WRP God.

I know you know what it's like to come this far and be let down, don't feel like you're being too harsh, they need to hear from the REAL original guys.

All of this rage on the forums could be avoided if BIS would realize that this game was not ready.

All of this OBVIOUSLY IHMO

I completely agree!

Do you remember what vanilla launch ArmA 2 was like?

It had tons of bugs. Just like ArmA3 still does.

But unlike ArmA3 it had 5 different warring factions not 1 pretending to be 4. It had nice single missions. It had a lackluster campaign but still a campaign that tried something new even though it wasn't quite successful. It had a ton of editor modules that are not and will not be in ArmA3.

And what will I find on Armaholic? A second faction for ArmA3? No not there.

Secops? Not there. ACM? Not there. Better medic system a la First Aid Module? Nope still not there.

Campaign? Not there either.

All those were in ArmA2 release version.

Edited by metalcraze

steam doesn't do refunds. one of the reasons they made this game steam only.

Steam doesn't do refunds? Since when? I've had refunds on games before.

Arma and total war games have similar problems. Probably because they're doing pretty much the same thing.

I'm under the impression that with Steam they are pretty much forced to release on release date - and not later. Chances are higher that we will see more unfinished products. But however I like it this way more.. What we know from the past is, software got released on [release date + <n> days] with 1<n<=infinite

A lot of games have this kind of whining customers nowadays [not addressing you btw]. It is really weird. There can only be heaven or hell. My respect goes to all people who do something, who have ideas and visions and work hard. Not without mistakes maybe, but the increasing number of armchair criticizing just sucks.

"Be reasonable, be honest". Oh those big words and conspiracy theories always.

Do you respecet CA/SEGA post Rome 2 release ?

Ah but don't forget, Arma 2 was in development side by side with Arma 1..sort of, as game 2 (used many assets from those screenshots) and a decent portion of equipment was brought to Arma 2 from both Arma 1 (T-72, M1A1, AH-1Z, SH-60 was the UH-60 cockpit and all, and tons of the weapons) and VBS2 (the civilian trucks for example) The mechanics also remained fairly the same between vehicles and infantry as far as how they move.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?145269-Artworks-from-GAME2-old-Bohemia-Interactive-project

All of that content being brought over for the most part needed only retexturing and rvmat changes, leaving plenty of time for other things...to say nothing of the time gap of said development between Arma 1 and Arma 2 announced.

Does that excuse it..Nah, the company is said to have expanded MUCH since those two releases, but they are very different beasts in many ways.

Considering that this http://www.zing.cz/gamefiles/filesystem/743/74369.jpg was to be the "game 2" soldier, which is also used here http://images.gamersyde.com/image_operation_flashpoint_elite-1358-542_0015.jpg in Elite (released 2005) gives a rough age of the actual project and thus a very rough idea of how much time they spent doing whatever, and there was for the campaign.

Without a doubt Arma 3's cycle has has many ?'s pop up, to me the simple notion of seeing vehicles in screenshots a year or so but only at the time of open alpha did they start experimenting with physx for said vehicles when it was going to be an integral part of vehicles. Who knows...buuut none of the other games had developers get arrested during development either which no doubt threw the CoC out of whack and became "A big management mess" as one person put it.

Edited by NodUnit

A lot of games have this kind of whining customers nowadays [not addressing you btw]. It is really weird. There can only be heaven or hell. My respect goes to all people who do something, who have ideas and visions and work hard. Not without mistakes maybe, but the increasing number of armchair criticizing just sucks.

"Be reasonable, be honest". Oh those big words and conspiracy theories always.

I agree. Any game's Forums are filled with whiny complaining posts that offer absolutely nothing for a few weeks/months after release. EVERY GAME! not just this one.

I bet you that all the people that are complaining here have complained on other forums about other games in the past and will complain about new games in future.

Most of the time if you actually get right down to it the problem is with them, they expect this, they expect that. They bought the game without doing any research, watched any videos and the game isn't what the thought it would be, boo hoo hoo. They have rose tinted memories of how the previous game was and are disappointed that the new game isn't a carbon copy, boo hoo hoo. They want the game to be exactly what they want it to be but it isn't because it's what the developers want it to be, boo hoo flipping hoo.

If you have a valid issue raise a ticket. If you're just complaining because in your opinion the game should have this or that then either pull you thumb out of your ass and mod or STFU.

Maionaze confirms they are giving refunds to people who ask for them.

If you aren't satisfied with what you were sold, do what you think is right.

Please, where exactly did he confirm that steam is giving refunds? I'm really curious, because I may have missed such a quote. If so, please show me that quote, thanks in advance.

I think only Steam/Valve can decide if it's adequate to refund anyone. And I think they will decide from case to case. AND I think in this case they won't refund, which is my personal opinion.

Please note BIS Moderators are not BIS Employees, do what you feel is right for yourself.