Sign in to follow this  
MarjahGrunt0331

Boehmia, be reasonable, and honest.

This is incredible. This game wants to be good at everything, yet exels in none.

Single player missions? a huge mess, since the ai is too damn bugged to even finish one goddamn scenario. tried again today, the tank scenario got stuck because the commander stuck itself on a house.

on the other one i kept getting one-shotted by ai behind some bushes.

Multi player? nope. there are no official servers so we have to play user made crap.

tried benny's cti and this should be the best server to play on it has even an "headless client" (another copy of the game to buy, just to be right with the customers) that should help in limiting the tremendous amount of bad fps and should help to fix ai...well desync everywhere, huge warping of people, planes freezing in mid air for 5 minutes 20 to 10 fps WITH ONLY 30 PLAYERS IN and vehicules randomly exploding..i could go on for minutes..

Editor? how i am supposed to use it? i don't want to learn how to script just to change my loadout.

Graphics? Gorgeous. But they still have to fix the fps. it's incredibly good looking but this engine should push a hell more frames.

Then there is the copy paste of assets, removal of the medic, still no fix for that goddamn fatigue level, the recoil is so damn high that my uncle with parkinson could shoot better han these soldiers. yet the bigger calibers like the anti material rifles don't have a kick when they shoot. Then i heard that they fixed the clunkiness of the soldiers...well they tried. still have to wait more than 45 seconds when i pick up a launcher from an ammobox just because im stuck in 4 pointless animations. I can't even switch guns while walking (i don't know why since in dayz you can)

And i still have to find a reason to all of that underwater gameplay.

"But! we got altis!" yeah we got this huge gigantic map...that we can't play on properly..

I have to admit that even though I'm a huge fan of the series since OFP in 2001, that I do agree that the A3 release IS disappointing and I agree with much of what you have said...it is true from many peoples perspective.

To add something...I'm probably the only one who feels this way but...this is my first time seeing Altis, and although it is of course very large...it simply reminds me of a giant Stratis(so far of what I've seen after taking a 1 hour tour). Picture Stratis with alot of flat lands in between the mountain ranges, with a few villages and a couple city areas thrown in and thats what you have in Altis it appears. It's sort of like a non-living wasteland with all burnt out grass everywhere you go. I dont see any streams or rivers or babbling brooks, nor lakes (im sure there must be one somewhere that I havent found yet (other than that weird, small little swampy area that seems, well...odd). Yu can't say anything about the size, but its kinda dead and seems a tad boring after already having played on Stratis for a few months (since its so similar).

So now I feel yet again that the game's success is relying on 3rd party folks to save it's life. I expected more this time around, but for the first time since 2001 I am not happy with this new release. I have never felt this way about an OFP/Arma release before. I suppose my expectation were maybe too high?...I dunno really.

I think they're going to need some really kick-butt DLC. More official weapons, more vehicles, and a New Map please, with rivers, brooks, forested areas, and some jungle too please. The fatigue is horrible, make a slider for it or something, same thing for weapon sway. If you ask me the core mechanics have been made more complicated and annoying instead of simplified.

Anyway, I will still play...but am hoping for a brighter future right now. The graphics/textures/lighting work is wonderful and I certainly appreciate those efforts.

The Terrain is realistic, based on he island of Lemnos. A lot of people like realistic terrain.

He didn't say they weren't realistic, he said they were boring and I am inclined to agree - I would have preferred something more along the lines of Chernarus.

Luckily for us, modders will take care of providing other maps, probably in the very near future ;)

The Terrain is realistic, based on he island of Lemnos. A lot of people like realistic terrain.

Yes you are correct, and I realize this of course. It looks GREAT dont misunderstand...it's just that IMO, from a gaming standpoint they need something that should be more LOOSELY based upon a real location while using some more fictional diversity. I think that would greatly enhance the longevity of the game and missions from an environmental standpoint anyway...but there are other issues here besides just the terrain.

They must be super realistic, but provide a gamey island for variety reasons.

They must get rid of any bug and performance, but failed to deliver rushed buggy content

Like always, BI's product is THAT large that everyone has his own priority and needs, all conflicting with each others ....

There is no doubt the product has been released too soon.

But unlike some other studio on a game I play a lot who rushed their product unfinished end of last year, I'm far more confident in BI having a direction they want the game to go and a long term plan.

The only problem is if the current release is going to kill ArmA III sell to the point it'll hinder its evolution.

Anyone duped into paying 60 dollars for this deserves a refund, that's for sure.

I'm comfortable with the 34 dollars or whatever the alpha cost way back when, but they can't in good conscience expect anyone to pay AAA video game money for Greek Island Vacation Simulator 2013

Greek Island Vacation Simulator 2013 ha ha ha ha ha, that made me laugh

They must get rid of any bug and performance, but failed to deliver rushed buggy content

Like always, BI's product is THAT large that everyone has his own priority and needs, all conflicting with each others ....

But unlike some other studio on a game I play a lot who rushed their product unfinished end of last year, I'm far more confident in BI having a direction they want the game to go and a long term plan.

The only problem is if the current release is going to kill ArmA III sell to the point it'll hinder its evolution.

Is there anyone that actualy likes the problems i described?

Is there anyone that actualy likes the problems i described?

ArmA community is playing what you label as "user made crap" for years now. It's the bread and butter of ArmA. Including DayZ.

So yeah, some people apparently like the things you don't....

A realistic island will provide good gameplay because you can use real tactics which would be used in real life on real life terrain.

A realistic island will provide good gameplay because you can use real tactics which would be used in real life on real life terrain.

So you want a realistic island.

Good.

5 posts above yours or so, people are complaining that this realistic islands means boring island.

Like I said, the RV Engine scope is too large, and tons of people are demanding conflicting things.

In the end, everyone whines.

Especially visible at launch day! :)

ArmA community is playing what you label as "user made crap" for years now. It's the bread and butter of ArmA. Including DayZ.

So yeah, some people apparently like the things you don't....

I am sorry if i have offended you, but usually people on this forum roughly act like this:

-hey there are no good mp missions

-stop bashing! let modders do the work!

-hey i tried x/y/x mission in mp, but it lags and fps went on the knees!

-stop bashing! the modder did not use good scripting!

-then it's an engine fault?

-Stop arguing, i run this game fine, so it MUST be your machine

-but my machine plays well other games

-Stop bitching, go play cod

actually there are no missions with more than 20 ppl in it that won't suffer from the issues i described.

i am reeeeally sorry that i have violated your personality with my post.

however you did not respond to my question. and totally avoided everything in-between

oh, by the way, even blue1 abandoned his project wich he put loads of efforts (and money) into it, simply because right now people can't play properly in multiplayer.

and what the reason for naming ARMA 2 mod's in your statement is? i supposed we were talking about arma 3...

Edited by GottyPlays

I'm trying to understand why this game, at this state, is so expensive.

Really, at R$136 is the most expensive game in a "normal" edition that I've seen on PC this year! Hope it's justify its price in the next months and don't start too early with DLC BS.

Is almost expensive as release console games here (because taxes and other political BS), but without the BluRay disc, cover and manuals (which often are nice).

I don't care because I bought in Alpha but many people that didn't are "Wow! Is that worth it?". Right now I can't say it does, it is just a (incomplete) sandbox that relies on user made content on both SP and MP.

PS: Also I can choose from PT-BT language on Steam for the game but nothing changes. Mistake or WIP? Fixed

Edited by Smurf

Really, at R$136 is the most expensive game in a "normal" edition that I've seen on PC this year! Hope it's justify its price in the next months and don't start too early with DLC BS.

Is almost expensive as release console games here (because taxes and other political BS), but without the BluRay disc, cover and manuals (which often are nice).

I don't care because I bought in Alpha but many people that didn't are "Wow! Is that worth it?". Right now I can't say it does, it is just a (incomplete) sandbox that relies on user made content on both SP and MP.

PS: Also I can choose from PT-BT language on Steam for the game but nothing changes. Mistake or WIP? Fixed

Agree with you. Many of my friends want to try something more 'real' than BF3. I know ArmA, so I knew what I was paying for. But at that price, I'm not sure if I should recommend it for my friends.

At 5999 USD people are expecting a full game with minor bugs. How will I tell my friends that they have to wait for more optmization, for future patchefor more mods to come out to be able to play a game that they paid more that the full normal price of a full game?

I have to admit that even though I'm a huge fan of the series since OFP in 2001, that I do agree that the A3 release IS disappointing and I agree with much of what you have said...it is true from many peoples perspective.

To add something...I'm probably the only one who feels this way but...this is my first time seeing Altis, and although it is of course very large...it simply reminds me of a giant Stratis(so far of what I've seen after taking a 1 hour tour). Picture Stratis with alot of flat lands in between the mountain ranges, with a few villages and a couple city areas thrown in and thats what you have in Altis it appears. It's sort of like a non-living wasteland with all burnt out grass everywhere you go. I dont see any streams or rivers or babbling brooks, nor lakes (im sure there must be one somewhere that I havent found yet (other than that weird, small little swampy area that seems, well...odd). Yu can't say anything about the size, but its kinda dead and seems a tad boring after already having played on Stratis for a few months (since its so similar).

So now I feel yet again that the game's success is relying on 3rd party folks to save it's life. I expected more this time around, but for the first time since 2001 I am not happy with this new release. I have never felt this way about an OFP/Arma release before. I suppose my expectation were maybe too high?...I dunno really.

I think they're going to need some really kick-butt DLC. More official weapons, more vehicles, and a New Map please, with rivers, brooks, forested areas, and some jungle too please. The fatigue is horrible, make a slider for it or something, same thing for weapon sway. If you ask me the core mechanics have been made more complicated and annoying instead of simplified.

Anyway, I will still play...but am hoping for a brighter future right now. The graphics/textures/lighting work is wonderful and I certainly appreciate those efforts.

Funny how two areas in the same region and nation have similar vegetation, color pallette, and architecture of buildings. It's almost like Bohemia was trying to be realistic or something :p

I assume you think Arma 2 and Chernarus are crap because Chernarus just looks like a giant Utes :j:

Really, at R$136 is the most expensive game in a "normal" edition that I've seen on PC this year!

It seems to be the same price everywhere. Here in europe it's actually cheaper than most games on launch. It's 45,- while Rome 2 is 55,-

It seems to be the same price everywhere. Here in europe it's actually cheaper than most games on launch. It's 45,- while Rome 2 is 55,-

Rome 2 seems to be in the exact same boat as A3, but worst.

some people pay 60 bucks or more for the same game every year, im talking about cod/bf but they dont complain, because all they want is jump, shot, die respawn unlock supid shiet put some colors in guns stats k/d 360 noscope over and over and over. I paid 35 bucks for a game/sim that will become better and better when mods/addons and patch and dlc comes out. Im also not 100% happy with this release, but I know... and YOU KNOW! but you (cryragebabies) YOU, just want to come here and let everybody know you are no happy watch me crying and raging. go get your refund and get the hell out of here in silence

Arma is and has always been a canvas (sandbox they call it) and not a finished game. The only one I know of. And it is nearly perfect. Always evolving, never will it be finished. Never should be.

If $60 is too much, don't buy it. You had free alpha to try it out.

It is for mature users. I am not a fanboy, I am an adult.

QFT..

and YOU KNOW! but you (cryragebabies) YOU, just want to come here and let everybody know you are no happy watch me crying and raging. go get your refund and get the hell out of here in silence

Your butts are on fire.

I think it's also because of one thing: This game doesn't worth the price.

Your butts are on fire.

I think it's also because of one thing: This game doesn't worth the price.

You have no idea buddy. The game is worth every penny and will be even more so over the coming months.

some people pay 60 bucks or more for the same game every year, im talking about cod/bf but they dont complain, because all they want is jump, shot, die respawn unlock supid shiet put some colors in guns stats k/d 360 noscope over and over and over. I paid 35 bucks for a game/sim that will become better and better when mods/addons and patch and dlc comes out. Im also not 100% happy with this release, but I know... and YOU KNOW! but you (cryragebabies) YOU, just want to come here and let everybody know you are no happy watch me crying and raging. go get your refund and get the hell out of here in silence

i paid 39 euros for a game/sim not for a box with unfinished assets!

with, your point of view now ,we customers, will pray all days BIS to complete the game.

i think that they cheated us, and never fixed, the scandal of the missing animations and placeholder veichles

You have no idea buddy. The game is worth every penny and will be even more so over the coming months.

Yep! But right now? No way!

You can't explain that everyone or expect that everyone understands it.

Right now worths every penny (and with +600 hours already since alpha it was worth it absolutely). There, my opinion.

But finding an explaination is not that hard... a good part of the community, veterans and newcomers alike expected "more", as simple as that.

Expectation management is not something companies do through their PR deps. alone, the end-user is expected to do the same (there we go... expectations, expectations...).

I managed my expectations quite well, with no big surprises. Sincerely hope those which have not are able to manage theirs and bypass the impatience their suffering at the moment. There's so much now in Arma 3 to enjoy, and so much more in the months to come.

Rome 2 seems to be in the exact same boat as A3, but worst.

Arma and total war games have similar problems. Probably because they're doing pretty much the same thing.

Luckily bohemia isn't pulling a "pre order for freeee day1 dlc"

Edited by Leon86