Sign in to follow this  
MarjahGrunt0331

Boehmia, be reasonable, and honest.

A lot of games has this kind of pricing model nowadays

A lot of games have this kind of whining customers nowadays [not addressing you btw]. It is really weird. There can only be heaven or hell. My respect goes to all people who do something, who have ideas and visions and work hard. Not without mistakes maybe, but the increasing number of armchair criticizing just sucks.

"Be reasonable, be honest". Oh those big words and conspiracy theories always.

That was not preorder at all.

1. If it was a pre order, we should have paid the full price back then.

2. A preorder can be cancelled, yet i could not cancel the pre order. it's not the first time i pre order games, i already cancelled a couple of pre orders last year at gamestop

1. We should, but as I said, the low price was a deal/offer. On steam most preorders (even without beta/alpha access) are 5-25% off the release price.

2. Gamestop is a retail shop and a "Preorder" there is something completely different than a preorder of a digital good.AFAIK you can't cancel preorders in most digital distribution platforms.

The fact that the cost go up near release, it's totally normal marketing, they simply wanted people to buy the game (almost unplayable) early at a lower price to support more the developing process.

That's true and not in contrast to what I was saying.

I thought most AAA pre-orders cost exactly the same, but offers withheld content, which will later be released as DLC, to lure people to buy the games, before it's been reviewed.

I only bought Operation Flashpoint for it's vanilla content.

After playing Operation Flashpoint for some time, I realized I had bought something more, something better.

Years later I bought Armed Assault not for it's vanilla content, but it's coming user missions and user content.

This whole idea of "I want this and this delivered on launch day", shows you haven't fully understood the game's value and core principle.

Isn't never meant to be a finished package, it's an invitation to create your own content.

Arma is and has always been a canvas (sandbox they call it) and not a finished game. The only one I know of. And it is nearly perfect. Always evolving, never will it be finished. Never should be.

If $60 is too much, don't buy it. You had free alpha to try it out.

It is for mature users. I am not a fanboy, I am an adult.

do not expect a REFUND from steam.

I thought you can get a refund once or something. No experience with that myself, I dont do impulse buys unless it's dirt cheap.

Edited by Leon86

Arma is and has always been a canvas (sandbox they call it) and not a finished game. The only one I know of. And it is nearly perfect. Always evolving, never will it be finished. Never should be.

If $60 is too much, don't buy it. You had free alpha to try it out.

It is for mature users. I am not a fanboy, I am an adult.

i'm expect that all contents are fixed in public release, BIS has thrown all with an unprofessional lack of details

Many bugs in release build weren't fixed from Dev, even weeks ago. So the release EXE must be least 2 weeks old or more. No day 1 patch to fix it all? That's lame. Absoutely no difference from BETA to Release at all. Not that I was expecting much anyway from BI this round, but still, oh cool 5 new showcases.. big freaking whoop.

I guess the two jets the dev was working on stream that one day, was the lame Buzzard AA and CAS model. Oh wow, 2 jets of the same one! Oh snap! Don't kill yourself now over working BIS on content! Oh wait, and the copy and paste drones...and artillery turret...and MG...oh wait.

Most disappointing release day ever. Thankfully GTA V is in 5 days.

Many bugs in release build weren't fixed from Dev, even weeks ago. So the release EXE must be least 2 weeks old or more. No day 1 patch to fix it all? That's lame. Absoutely no difference from BETA to Release at all. Not that I was expecting much anyway from BI this round, but still, oh cool 5 new showcases.. big freaking whoop.

I guess the two jets the dev was working on stream that one day, was the lame Buzzard AA and CAS model. Oh wow, 2 jets of the same one! Oh snap! Don't kill yourself now over working BIS on content! Oh wait, and the copy and paste drones...and artillery turret...and MG...oh wait.

Most disappointing release day ever. Thankfully GTA V is in 5 days.

I'm with you Brother, just wondering will BI be fixing this game in future or its just useless to hope.

Release hasn't impressed me. It's the same thing as beta, with almost no new content but that was to be expected. I'm still upset about the campaign, but what really is grinding my gears is the fact that there are still bugs that haven't been fixed. Steam ticket issues and crashes as well as massive desync when dynamic spawning AI in MP. Bugs like crashing in steam multiplayer, something that was supposed to be oh so much better than gamespy and the way of the future? I pity anyone who pays $60 for this.

I'm with you Brother, just wondering will BI be fixing this game in future or its just useless to hope.
If the past is any indication (OFP, ARMA1, ARMA2, ARMA2OA, etc), we will have pretty much a new game for free over the coarse of the next months :)

If the past is any indication (OFP, ARMA1, ARMA2, ARMA2OA, etc), we will have pretty much a new game for free over the coarse of the next months :)

From what I read since this morning, speaking reasonably is useless today, Sickboy. Spare your time :)

From what I read since this morning, speaking reasonably is useless today, Sickboy. Spare your time :)

So true. As I am reading the forums this day, I am laughing, crying and loosing hope in humanity... all at the same time.

Hopefully I can go home soon, so that I can stop reading the forum and start playing the new MP missions from BIS.

True, But that excuse / story is not gonna fly with me on this one. BIS truly screwed up ARMA 3 , and I am just wondering when they will realize it and smell the coffee brewing. I'll say it again as I have many times before, ARMA 3 Full Release March 2014. Like it should have been. Campaign, Java, Content, all pushed back into "Content Patches" every 3 months? What is this? CoD? BF? XBOX? Every 3 months, sounds like a story from Activision.

Cool awesome new tech in ARMA 3, Great work on Altis. Now where is the bloody content to play the game and enjoy the new tech. 3 Months Campaign Episode 1 gets released, 3 months after that, is a Content patch apparently, so thats March 2014. Exactly the day the full game should have shipped. Not with this very under whelming and very lacking game content wise. I actually hope reviews notice this and take points off. BIS doesn't deserve the full credit around for this one. Congrats and I'd buy them a beer, But only one. They still need much, much, much, work on ARMA 3 before its even worth $60.. Or honestly, even the $30 I payed for Alpha or 20 w/e it was.

In few months time there will be plenty of mods and user made content, this whole thing will sweep under the rug and no body will blame BIS anymore. Then they will release DLC or a content patch it and it disappointing again, and the same story will come up. Until BIS truly learns, that Copy and Pasting, is NOT CONTENT.

Haha, same ol' same ol'! :-) Nice to see you still kicking mate :)

True, But that excuse / story is not gonna fly with me on this one. BIS truly screwed up ARMA 3 , and I am just wondering when they will realize it and smell the coffee brewing. I'll say it again as I have many times before, ARMA 3 Full Release March 2014. Like it should have been. Campaign, Java, Content, all pushed back into "Content Patches" every 3 months? What is this? CoD? BF? XBOX? Every 3 months, sounds like a story from Activision.

Cool awesome new tech in ARMA 3, Great work on Altis. Now where is the bloody content to play the game and enjoy the new tech. 3 Months Campaign Episode 1 gets released, 3 months after that, is a Content patch apparently, so thats March 2014. Exactly the day the full game should have shipped. Not with this very under whelming and very lacking game content wise. I actually hope reviews notice this and take points off. BIS doesn't deserve the full credit around for this one. Congrats and I'd buy them a beer, But only one. They still need much, much, much, work on ARMA 3 before its even worth $60.. Or honestly, even the $30 I payed for Alpha or 20 w/e it was.

In few months time there will be plenty of mods and user made content, this whole thing will sweep under the rug and no body will blame BIS anymore. Then they will release DLC or a content patch it and it disappointing again, and the same story will come up. Until BIS truly learns, that Copy and Pasting, is NOT CONTENT.

I won't dispute the obvious fails there, I was merely responding to the 'fixing' part, that is at least something BI has always shown great dedication to :)

What is this? CoD? BF? XBOX? .

where

the f

does this come from?

Or is it a copy/pasting of the usual "holier than thou" argument, pasted in a compeltely unrelated argument?

Jeez....

They may well have killed the title reputation there.

Concluding that they don't intent to fix it? No comment ....

They released tons of content, on a buggy and underperforming engine, in all their title before.

They do a 180 and do not get anything out before proper version is ready (Altis quality is there as a proof, if you ask me), and get flakked by the same people ....

I suspect a budget issue behind the release decision.

While I don't think the number of content is that much of a problem(come on! who cares what kind of HMG you are shooting when everyone is shooting at everyone?)I do agree that the game lacks in functionality, I mean most people don't even asking for a revolutionary new editor, they just want a 3D editor for the sake of placing objects without having a headache!

hi,

i am a kid and i am standing in a big toyshop and the owner says to me: hey kid you can take what ever you want u only have to give me 30 bucks.

i look around the shop and tell him that all toycars have the same wheels and i wont take any of them because it´s copy and paste. he tells me that there is no matter to worry about the copy and pasted wheels cause lots of nice people will throw nice new toy´s into the shop and i have to wait.

i replay to him that i am a kid and patience is not implemented yet. so i run out of the shop and damn it was the only toy shop in universe.

open mouthed, wide open eyed starring at the forum content today and i see all is copy and paste.....

i guess people at BIS know exactly what is going and what is not- damn they have brains (they are the brains)

hi,

i am a kid and i am standing in a big toyshop and the owner says to me: hey kid you can take what ever you want u only have to give me 30 bucks.

i look around the shop and tell him that all toycars have the same wheels and i wont take any of them because it´s copy and paste. he tells me that there is no matter to worry about the copy and pasted wheels cause lots of nice people will throw nice new toy´s into the shop and i have to wait.

i replay to him that i am a kid and patience is not implemented yet. so i run out of the shop and damn it was the only toy shop in universe.

open mouthed, wide open eyed starring at the forum content today and i see all is copy and paste.....

i guess people at BIS know exactly what is going and what is not- damn they have brains (they are the brains)

This is incredible.

A great number of users is disappointed in wasting 30/40/60 bucks on this damn game. Myself included.

what the hell how can people play this whitout getting mad all the times? i tried again after a couple of weeks to cooldown myself and to see if there was improvments.

NOTHING. even on release day.

This game wants to be good at everything, yet exels in none.

Single player missions? a huge mess, since the ai is too damn bugged to even finish one goddamn scenario. tried again today, the tank scenario got stuck because the commander stuck itself on a house.

on the other one i kept getting one-shotted by ai behind some bushes. in 10 minutes i had to restart twice because my squadmates won't respond.

Multi player? nope. there are no official servers so we have to play user made crap.

tried benny's cti and this should be the best server to play on it has even an "headless client" (another copy of the game to buy, just to be right with the customers) that should help in limiting the tremendous amount of bad fps and should help to fix ai...well desync everywhere, huge warping of people, planes freezing in mid air for 5 minutes 20 to 10 fps WITH ONLY 30 PLAYERS IN and vehicules randomly exploding..i could go on for minutes..

i'm here from alpha, and i played on loads of different servers, no improvements whatsoever.

Editor? how i am supposed to use it? i don't want to learn how to script just to change my loadout.

Graphics? Gorgeous. But they still have to fix the fps. it's incredibly good looking but this engine should push a hell more frames.

They wanted us to get in the feedback tracker, yet after 4 months of bugtesting for free this huge mess the top 10 tickets are still "Assigned" this is a kick in the balls, obviously IHMO

Then there is the copy paste of assets, removal of the medic, still no fix for that goddamn fatigue level, the recoil is so damn high that my uncle with parkinson could shoot better han these soldiers. yet the bigger calibers like the anti material rifles don't have a kick when they shoot. Then i heard that they fixed the clunkiness of the soldiers...well they tried. still have to wait more than 45 seconds when i pick up a launcher from an ammobox just because im stuck in 4 pointless animations. I can't even switch guns while walking (i don't know why since in dayz you can)

And i still have to find a reason to all of that underwater gameplay.

"But! we got altis!" yeah we got this huge gigantic map...that we can't play on properly.

I got used to people like you that try to defend this nonsense for whatever reason that i still don't understand.

This game should not be sold right now.

And before the old "hey if you don't like it don't buy it" argument i'd like to point out that i bought this game since i liked a lot a2 and expeted a huge progression over arma 3. and usually games nowadays don't troll customers like this.

Then your argument it's pathetic at best, it's more like "hey i sell to you this brand new car! it's better than the old model! what? the wheels? well those will come later! why don't you just use taxi meanwhile?"

I don't care if i get infractions for this post, since i belive that these threads are here for a purpose, and i see users that try to defend bis as huge trolls.

if all of you are happy with the product i'm ok with it. if you try to close our mouths because you feel entitled to do so, then there are problems.

i would gladly appreciate to know what plans BIS have to fix all of this, if they have any. Just to know when i should get back in this game again.

I'd rather play a half finished but working game for 10 months than just sit and wait for the same time.

It is still an option to buy the game in March 2014 with full campaign and content. The naming (alpha-beta-full) is useless for a product like this, but many people needs this as an indication of some sort.

All of this rage on the forums could be avoided if BIS would realize that this game was not ready.

All of this OBVIOUSLY IHMO

Edited by GottyPlays

hi,

Is this the same kid who sat down with the toys and wondered why nothing was happening? Why the toys did not organise themselves into games?

I'd rather play a half finished but working game for 10 months than just sit and wait for the same time.

It is still an option to buy the game in March 2014 with full campaign and content. The naming (alpha-beta-full) is useless for a product like this, but many people needs this as an indication of some sort.

Boehmia...be reasonable, honest and fair. You can't expect me to pay full price for this. Lower the price for its lack of campaign and content. Bugs and errors are understandable. I will happy to pay for DLC as they are released. As someone mention; Would you buy, at full price a new car and have the wheels installed 3 months later. No thanks...

This is incredible. This game wants to be good at everything, yet exels in none.

Single player missions? a huge mess, since the ai is too damn bugged to even finish one goddamn scenario. tried again today, the tank scenario got stuck because the commander stuck itself on a house.

on the other one i kept getting one-shotted by ai behind some bushes.

Multi player? nope. there are no official servers so we have to play user made crap.

tried benny's cti and this should be the best server to play on it has even an "headless client" (another copy of the game to buy, just to be right with the customers) that should help in limiting the tremendous amount of bad fps and should help to fix ai...well desync everywhere, huge warping of people, planes freezing in mid air for 5 minutes 20 to 10 fps WITH ONLY 30 PLAYERS IN and vehicules randomly exploding..i could go on for minutes..

Editor? how i am supposed to use it? i don't want to learn how to script just to change my loadout.

Graphics? Gorgeous. But they still have to fix the fps. it's incredibly good looking but this engine should push a hell more frames.

Then there is the copy paste of assets, removal of the medic, still no fix for that goddamn fatigue level, the recoil is so damn high that my uncle with parkinson could shoot better han these soldiers. yet the bigger calibers like the anti material rifles don't have a kick when they shoot. Then i heard that they fixed the clunkiness of the soldiers...well they tried. still have to wait more than 45 seconds when i pick up a launcher from an ammobox just because im stuck in 4 pointless animations. I can't even switch guns while walking (i don't know why since in dayz you can)

And i still have to find a reason to all of that underwater gameplay.

"But! we got altis!" yeah we got this huge gigantic map...that we can't play on properly..

I have to admit that even though I'm a huge fan of the series since OFP in 2001, that I do agree that the A3 release IS disappointing and I agree with much of what you have said...it is true from many peoples perspective.

To add something...I'm probably the only one who feels this way but...this is my first time seeing Altis, and although it is of course very large...it simply reminds me of a giant Stratis(so far of what I've seen after taking a 1 hour tour). Picture Stratis with alot of flat lands in between the mountain ranges, with a few villages and a couple city areas thrown in and thats what you have in Altis it appears. It's sort of like a non-living wasteland with all burnt out grass everywhere you go. I dont see any streams or rivers or babbling brooks, nor lakes (im sure there must be one somewhere that I havent found yet (other than that weird, small little swampy area that seems, well...odd). Yu can't say anything about the size, but its kinda dead and seems a tad boring after already having played on Stratis for a few months (since its so similar).

So now I feel yet again that the game's success is relying on 3rd party folks to save it's life. I expected more this time around, but for the first time since 2001 I am not happy with this new release. I have never felt this way about an OFP/Arma release before. I suppose my expectation were maybe too high?...I dunno really.

I think they're going to need some really kick-butt DLC. More official weapons, more vehicles, and a New Map please, with rivers, brooks, forested areas, and some jungle too please. The fatigue is horrible, make a slider for it or something, same thing for weapon sway. If you ask me the core mechanics have been made more complicated and annoying instead of simplified.

Anyway, I will still play...but am hoping for a brighter future right now. The graphics/textures/lighting work is wonderful and I certainly appreciate those efforts.

I have to admit that even though I'm a huge fan of the series since OFP in 2001, that I do agree that the A3 release IS disappointing and I agree with much of what you have said...it is true from many peoples perspective.

To add something...I'm probably the only one who feels this way but...this is my first time seeing Altis, and although it is of course very large...it simply reminds me of a giant Stratis(so far of what I've seen after taking a 1 hour tour). Picture Stratis with alot of flat lands in between the mountain ranges, with a few villages and a couple city areas thrown in and thats what you have in Altis it appears. It's sort of like a non-living wasteland with all burnt out grass everywhere you go. I dont see any streams or rivers or babbling brooks, nor lakes (im sure there must be one somewhere that I havent found yet (other than that weird, small little swampy area that seems, well...odd). Yu can't say anything about the size, but its kinda dead and seems a tad boring after already having played on Stratis for a few months (since its so similar).

So now I feel yet again that the game's success is relying on 3rd party folks to save it's life. I expected more this time around, but for the first time since 2001 I am not happy with this new release. I have never felt this way about an OFP/Arma release before. I suppose my expectation were maybe too high?...I dunno really.

I think they're going to need some really kick-butt DLC. More official weapons, more vehicles, and a New Map please, with rivers, brooks, forested areas, and some jungle too please. The fatigue is horrible, make a slider for it or something, same thing for weapon sway. If you ask me the core mechanics have been made more complicated and annoying instead of simplified.

Anyway, I will still play...but am hoping for a brighter future right now. The graphics/textures/lighting work is wonderful and I certainly appreciate those efforts.

The Terrain is realistic, based on he island of Lemnos. A lot of people like realistic terrain.