Sign in to follow this  
MarjahGrunt0331

Boehmia, be reasonable, and honest.

Hello, I consider myself a pretty loyal fan to BIS, and their ArmA series. I believe I own every military sim game they have put out thus far. I greatly appreciate the time, and effort they have put into keeping the ArmA community alive, as well as help build upon it. This is merely to express, and address my concern about ArmA 3's "Release" today.

With the absence of any patch notes, and with the patch itself being 3.5GB, I fail to notice anything different from beta at all. The game still feels incomplete, there seems to be a lack in 'teased' vehicles such as the screen shots of the F-35's, as well as the wreck of the MV-22 Osprey model. In this release patch there are absolutely no new vehicles, or weapons that were not in the development branch.

Now, do not get me wrong, this is by no means a complaint about the limited amount of vehicles - the fact is the game is still not complete at all and the price has changed to that of a full, finished game; $59.99.

I have had the game since its alpha stage, so the price does not effect me personally. I just do not believe it is right to charge people for ArmA 3 with the price of a full game when it itself is clearly not.

Please avoid letting your company earn a bad reputation for such a thing. Be reasonable, and honest.

Do not let yourself be apart of a chain of bad releases this month, thank you.

With the absence of any patch notes, and with the patch itself being 3.5GB, I fail to notice anything different from beta at all. The game still feels incomplete, there seems to be a lack in 'teased' vehicles such as the screen shots of the F-35's, as well as the wreck of the MV-22 Osprey model. In this release patch there are absolutely no new vehicles, or weapons that were not in the development branch.

BI said in the last bigger dev branch update, that those will be all the content of the sandbox for the release. And the F35 and Mv22 Osprey also has been said that they were only tests to see the flying model.

BI said in the last bigger dev branch update, that those will be all the content of the sandbox for the release. And the F35 and Mv22 Osprey also has been said that they were only tests to see the flying model.

Aware, and understood. That still does not justify the price the game is selling for - which is the point of this thread.

Anyone duped into paying 60 dollars for this deserves a refund, that's for sure.

I'm comfortable with the 34 dollars or whatever the alpha cost way back when, but they can't in good conscience expect anyone to pay AAA video game money for Greek Island Vacation Simulator 2013

Anyone duped into paying 60 dollars for this deserves a refund, that's for sure.

I'm comfortable with the 34 dollars or whatever the alpha cost way back when, but they can't in good conscience expect anyone to pay AAA video game money for Greek Island Vacation Simulator 2013

People have different expectations :) and if their expectations are not met, they are free to ask for a refund.

lol you again. Like you uve never knew, you gona play in year 2035 on a greek island? Stop trolling, will ya?

I honestly do not see the point of this thread, nothing is going to change for the foreseeable future. Price in the UK is £39.99, which is extremely reasonable.

People have different expectations :) and if their expectations are not met, they are free to ask for a refund.

You're a moderator, is this official confirmation that BI will be giving refunds?

Because if it isn't, if the sentence was meant to end "if their expectations are not met, they are free to ask for a refund, but we won't give them one, we've got their money and they can go to hell"

Then don't you think you probably should have said so?

You're a moderator, is this official confirmation that BI will be giving refunds?

Because if it isn't, if the sentence was meant to end "if their expectations are not met, they are free to ask for a refund, but we won't give them one, we've got their money and they can go to hell"

for the love of god please give this guy a refund.

I don't want a refund, I paid my 34 dollars for the alpha, i took a chance. Some day modders will make something worth playing out of arma3, and then I'll get my money's worth from them.

But when people start shelling out 60 bucks and getting... this.

There is going to be gnashing of teeth.

If the BIS employee mod says they're giving refunds, people should know.

If instead it was some kind of cruel joke on the customers, that should be made clear too.

He said that people are free to ask for a refund, but it depends on the law of the country and bought conditions if they are gonna get it ( for example in Steam once you have download the game, you can't ask refunds ).

I don't want a refund, I paid my 34 dollars for the alpha, i took a chance. Some day modders will make something worth playing out of arma3, and then I'll get my money's worth from them.

If instead it was some kind of cruel joke on the customers, that should be made clear too.

nono, we reeeally want you to get a refund.

Seeing this kind of trolling year after year, game after game I wonder if some people buy games just to bitch and moan.

Assuming they do actually own a copy. Fortunately there are few here.

Right mate, get your facts straight.

1. The moderators on here are not employed by BIS.

2. If you want a refund you have to approach Steam support.

3. I respect your opinion about the game even though I totally disagree with it. Please respect other peoples opinions on these forums.

4. You joined the forums today, have you been waiting until the release of A3 to come on these forums and try to rile people? You said that you have played the game on the Dev branch so you knew what was in the game. Why have you not "complained" about it before. It was quite clearly documented that if you played on the Dev branch you would be played the "full" game near enough.

Trolling is what was "released" today.

I've put more than 2200 hours into Arma2, probably the same into OFP.

This is a disgrace.

Trolling is what was "released" today.

I've put more than 2200 hours into Arma2, probably the same into OFP.

This is a disgrace.

Sir. Do you seriously believe that repeating that ad eternum is gonna change anything ( besides maybe a possible punishment in the forum )?

Right mate, get your facts straight.

1. The moderators on here are not employed by BIS.

2. If you want a refund you have to approach Steam support.

3. I respect your opinion about the game even though I totally disagree with it. Please respect other peoples opinions on these forums.

4. You joined today, have you been waiting until the release of A3 to come on these forums and try to rile people? You said that you have played the game on the Dev branch so you knew what was in the game. Why have you not "complained" about it before. It was quite clearly documented that if you played on the Dev branch you would be played the "full" game near enough.

Because I'm not yet so old that I've lost the ability to hope, even if it's just for a miracle.

Moderators are not part of BI, anyway, if you want a refund you'll have to contact steam support I guess, unless you got it in the BI store.

If this guy gets his refund... everyone will want a refund.. that would be a problem.. great game.. just "overlooked" optimization issues....I would expect with the release.. they would fix this issue.. hey If you wanna say i got suckered.. than i got suckered... Beta was fun.. was a risk..... hopefully they fix issue SOON....

Moderators are not part of BI, anyway, if you want a refund you'll have to contact steam support I guess, unless you got it in the BI store.

LOL ::D good luck with that. You can expect Hell to freeze over first, before STEAM is going to refund anything.

I honestly do not see the point of this thread, nothing is going to change for the foreseeable future. Price in the UK is £39.99, which is extremely reasonable.

I'm unaware of the similarities of currency between the U.S. Dollar, and Pounds, and Euros. But $$59.99($60) is 1/3 if not half of an average workers pay check here. Paying that much for a game that did not meet what i marketed/advertised months ago, as well as have nothing currently new, or different from when the game was half the price in beta is a little ridiculous. If you truly can not see the point in this it has obviously went over your head. There's nothing to justify, or argue about. It's just facts.

as well as have nothing currently new, or different from when the game was half the price in beta is a little ridiculous. If you truly can not see the point in this it has obviously went over your head. There's nothing to justify, or argue about. It's just facts.

So you measure the price of full release with the price of the beta/alpha? That's not how the "Early access" works dude! It was a deal to save some money, if you preorder arma full release. Alpha and beta was a gift for this preorder. With your argumentation somebody could say "Hey, ArmA3 costs 42 Euro, but in 2 years, it will be on a steamdeal for 10 Euro, so it's totaly unfair to charge people now with 42 Euro, if the game is only wort 10 Euro in 2 years".

A lot of games has this kind of pricing model nowadays. Save money for preorder and get alpha/beta access.

So you measure the price of full release with the price of the beta/alpha? That's not how the "Early access" works dude! It was a deal to save some money, if you preorder arma full release. Alpha and beta was a gift for this preorder. With your argumentation somebody could say "Hey, ArmA3 costs 42 Euro, but in 2 years, it will be on a steamdeal for 10 Euro, so it's totaly unfair to charge people now with 42 Euro, if the game is only wort 10 Euro in 2 years".

A lot of games has this kind of pricing model nowadays. Save money for preorder and get alpha/beta access.

That was not preorder at all.

1. If it was a pre order, we should have paid the full price back then.

2. A preorder can be cancelled, yet i could not cancel the pre order. it's not the first time i pre order games, i already cancelled a couple of pre orders last year at gamestop

Basically we bought the game 4 months ago. Call it alpha call it omega the game it's still the same.

The fact that the cost go up near release, it's totally normal marketing, they simply wanted people to buy the game (almost unplayable) early at a lower price to support more the developing process.

And before the fanboys attacks

OBVIOUSLY IHMO

Edited by GottyPlays