dslyecxi

Arma 3 Tactical Guide - Tactics, Techniques, & Procedures 3

No if you look here (right from the OP) you'd see that TTP3 will be free... what BI is selling is a chapter with "guerrilla warfare", "paratrooper", "combat engineer", "recon", "combat diver", "SERE" and "night fighting" sections. ;)

Now I'm relieved. Thanks for the info.

Any chance of selling this on steam? because I can't buy in the store,

Also if i buy this Dslyecxi gonna get his part I hope ^.^

I have seen posts on the net that say this guide features F-35s and weapon bipods which aren't actually in the game. Is this true?

It has tons of chapters about stuff that's not in the game and wasn't even planned to be. Don't really know why.

It has tons of chapters about stuff that's not in the game and wasn't even planned to be. Don't really know why.

Well, it does state it up-front in a very clear manner.

As with the prior guides in this series, the TTP3 is written with a forward-looking mindset, intended to still be applicable years after release. Because of this, there are some references to features and concepts that may not apply to the original release version of Arma 3, but are grounded in reality and commonly encountered in modifications and scripted missions created by the larger community. Any inclusions of such features are based solely on my own personal experiences through nearly eight years of multiplayer and modding in this series, and you can reasonably expect to see everything mentioned in this guide when combining Arma 3 with additional community modifications - one of the biggest strengths of the series. My personal view is that it is better to write about things that you know will be available to a series that continually grows after each release, than to avoid the topics and deprive people of valuable techniques that will serve them well when said functionality appears. I hope you agree!

If you want to turn that into a point of drama, feel free, but it is done with the best intentions and is based upon my experiences of having iterated this guide for almost eight years now. If you read malice or deception into it, it's purely a product of your mind and whatever preconceived notions you had coming into this.

you wrote that crap?

Aw, c'mon, you can do better than that - I believe in you!

To any negativity regarding having to "pay for" a 140,000+ word guide that has a reputation for being a top-notch production - it's free in two months. Take a breath and wait if you can't abide the thought of paying money to support a nearly 350-page guide in an age where the average game comes with a thirty-page manual at best. That upcoming free edition should cut that potential drama avenue right there. Complaining that a guide written about a moving target, for a game series and company that is well-known for post-release support and content additions, has some images of things that didn't make the A3 release version - isn't that a wee bit short sighted?

you wrote that crap?

Thanks for the input, very constructive!! Oh and please do tell why you think it is crap.

---------- Post added at 12:29 ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 ----------

And even if it was crap (which it isn't) the man has produced this guide for the good of the community and its free in 2 months ffs.

If you want to turn that into a point of drama, feel free, but it is done with the best intentions and is based upon my experiences of having iterated this guide for almost eight years now. If you read malice or deception into it, it's purely a product of your mind and whatever preconceived notions you had coming into this.

To any negativity regarding having to "pay for" a 140,000+ word guide that has a reputation for being a top-notch production - it's free in two months. Take a breath and wait if you can't abide the thought of paying money to support a nearly 350-page guide in an age where the average game comes with a thirty-page manual at best. That upcoming free edition should cut that potential drama avenue right there. Complaining that a guide written about a moving target, for a game series and company that is well-known for post-release support and content additions, has some images of things that didn't make the A3 release version - isn't that a wee bit short sighted?

Damn I really respect the way you handle this... Must've deal with a lot of pushy/unreasonable clients I suppose. Anyway thank you for your continued contribution. I'll wait for the printed version

Does that non-initial release feature(s) include content like that Ghosthawk camo? Because that looks pretty awesome.

Does that non-initial release feature(s) include content like that Ghosthawk camo? Because that looks pretty awesome.

That camo was in the alpha/beta during the time I was taking those particular screens.

Thanks for this, :) I found it as interesting guide to read. Very detailed stuff, a big book.

Does buying the supporters edition include a copy of the Tactical Guide? If so I can't find mine :tear:

@Dslyecxi sorry mate if you wrote 350 pages than you could have taken the time to edit out a few so that it represents the reality of the current release version and not the promise of what is going to be...you could have done that via updates to you guide as items are added to A3.

now if you are going to post pics of future "additions" then why not add all of the "additions" that are coming...like say ..I44 they have already stated that they are porting there mod to A3, now i believe there is a list of long standing mods for the arma series that you could find and add as they are being worked on as we speak and will become "additions" as you put it.

Does buying the supporters edition include a copy of the Tactical Guide? If so I can't find mine :tear:

\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\Bonus\Tactical_Guide

No if you look here (right from the OP) you'd see that TTP3 will be free... what BI is selling is a chapter with "guerrilla warfare", "paratrooper", "combat engineer", "recon", "combat diver", "SERE" and "night fighting" sections. ;)

No, the version now available in the BI store for USD $10 is indeed the full version, 347 pages in full.

@Dslyecxi sorry mate if you wrote 350 pages than you could have taken the time to edit out a few so that it represents the reality of the current release version and not the promise of what is going to be...you could have done that via updates to you guide as items are added to A3.

now if you are going to post pics of future "additions" then why not add all of the "additions" that are coming...like say ..I44 they have already stated that they are porting there mod to A3, now i believe there is a list of long standing mods for the arma series that you could find and add as they are being worked on as we speak and will become "additions" as you put it.

There's nothing more to say aside from what has already been said, sorry. If you can't read and appreciate the "Forward Looking" section I already posted previously in this thread, there's nothing else I can say that's going to make it click. I don't mean to be curt, but I have given my rationale and you can either accept it or choose to disagree. It is no different from my prior guides in that respect.

That camo was in the alpha/beta during the time I was taking those particular screens.

Man. It looked great. Kinda like the same pattern on the speedboat. Wish it could have stayed. Oh well.

There's nothing more to say aside from what has already been said, sorry. If you can't read and appreciate the "Forward Looking" section I already posted previously in this thread, there's nothing else I can say that's going to make it click. I don't mean to be curt, but I have given my rationale and you can either accept it or choose to disagree. It is no different from my prior guides in that respect.

Is it weird that inside my head you were reading this in your voice while I was reading it?

Wow I wasn't expecting that long of a guide. Wonderful work there, much appreciated! It shows it was written with love.

Great job,Dyslexi! Thank you for the effort involved. Also, i get a lot of enjoyment from your videos! They inspired me to buy Arma in the first place.:cool:

Great work, Dslyecxi!

I have readed the TTP2 and i'm excited to read the TTP3, but for someone like me who knows little bit english is very difficult to read it. Have you planned to translate it in other languages? not everyone knows and not everyone like to read 150,000 words just in english :(

I'm going to butt in and say that I think translating something like this would not go well. Aside from the time and work it would take, a translation might be unclear. Not saying that my fellow Texan Dslyecxi isn't up to the task, but if he's anything like me, the translation would confuse you more than the English version. :D

Wow that's long and really comprehensive, just awesome.

Great work you've done with the guide dude, I believe that everybody who's interested in actually playing ArmA how it's supposed to be, as a military simulator, should either read this guide or should attend actual military training, I'm definitely glad that somebody actually had enough motivation and time to write more than 300 pages on how to apply real life tactics and techniques in a videogame, and I definitely hope that some of the casual players on most public servers actually take the time to read it.

Btw, in the guide you also stated that you were in the Marines, in that case: Thanks for your service.

Edited by TheMightyMooseKing

Great work you've done with the guide dude, I believe that everybody who's interested in actually playing ArmA how it's supposed to be, as a military simulator, should either read this guide or should attend actual military training, I'm definitely glad that somebody actually had enough motivation and time to write more than 300 pages on how to apply real life tactics and techniques in a videogame, and I definitely hope that some of the casual players on most public servers actually take the time to read it.

Btw, in the guide you also stated that you were in the Marines, in that case: Thanks for your service.

This game does not simulate reality enough to warrant a suggested "military training" requirement. But this guide is great, and is helpful for players wanting a more tactical, team-driven experience.

This game does not simulate reality enough to warrant a suggested "military training" requirement. But this guide is great, and is helpful for players wanting a more tactical, team-driven experience.

This. It would just take up unnecessary space, time and effort. I thought it was a great guide without all the 'and in real-life...' stories; for example there's only one danger crossing mentioned in the guide--for a linear danger area--and mentioning the rest, about five others I know off the top of my head, which aren't commonly used, would just be extra spice on something that's already too spicy. If you want such a thing then join a Tactical or Realism clan otherwise you'd be reading an extra book.

Personally I did expect more from the "Close Quarter Battle" side of the guide due to ARMA 3's greatly improved features though it's great that Dslyecxi packed in so much on it within a few pages which will get people more familiar with it. Finally finished it and enjoyed the read.