Sign in to follow this  
scorp4

The BETA is dead! Long live Arma 3!

Patience, everyone, this is only the beginning of great things to come. Altis looks awesome. As for the Planes, you must remember that this game is "Infantry Based".... it's not really an "aircraft based" game. But, BIS has heard the community and more planes will be coming soon enough. Enjoy the beautiful scenery and all the scenario's / showcases that can be played in this sandbox environment. Cheers.

Yes indeed! And its allways nice too look forward for new things to come! If you have everything now, than you don't have nothing to look forward anymore...

I see it as little gifts..

I would like to personally express a big "Thank you" for being with us thru the last 6 months of game development and for immensely helping us improve the game! A full game was released, a battle has been fought, but the war has just started ;)

Hello, I consider myself a pretty loyal fan to BIS, and their ArmA series. I believe I own every military sim game they have put out thus far. I greatly appreciate the time, and effort they have put into keeping the ArmA community alive, as well as help build upon it. This is merely to express, and address my concern about ArmA 3's "Release" today.

With the absence of any patch notes, and with the patch itself being 3.5GB, I fail to notice anything different from beta at all. The game still feels incomplete, there seems to be a lack in 'teased' vehicles such as the screen shots of the F-35's, as well as the wreck of the MV-22 Osprey model. In this release patch there are absolutely no new vehicles, or weapons that were not in the development branch.

Now, do not get me wrong, this is by no means a complaint about the limited amount of vehicles - the fact is the game is still not complete at all and the price has changed to that of a full, finished game; $59.99.

I have had the game since its alpha stage, so the price does not effect me personally. I just do not believe it is right to charge people for ArmA 3 with the price of a full game when it itself is clearly not.

Please avoid letting your company earn a bad reputation for such a thing. Be reasonable, and honest.

Do not let yourself be apart of a chain of bad releases this month, thank you.

From love, not hate. I'll still be playing the game, and surely purchasing future content. But some things should be addressed properly.

I would like to personally express a big "Thank you" for being with us thru the last 6 months of game development and for immensely helping us improve the game! A full game has been released, a battle was fought, but the war has just started ;)

No offense, But you said "Full", I do not see a "Full" game here. All I see is a name change, nothing more. I am immensely disappointed.

I love this game more than ArmA 2... buuut, there are two things that bother me a lot in ArmA 3.

Lack of Save/Load in Multiplayer Co-op and lack of Female civilians.

So...anyone notice any better performance? That was the biggest killer on DEV build..

Congratulations BIS on the release of Arma 3 the game.

I was already running the dev build in beta so not a great big step forward, but a step nevertheless.

Hope all goes as you planned in the future for this game. I wish you much success with it, even though I will be staying with A2, by the looks of things, for my war game-play (A2 is more realistic). But I will enjoy sightseeing in Arma 3.

I really hope you have success with this, its been a long journey getting here, but you made it. The game will fit nicely into a more mainstream market and I don't blame you for doing that, it makes sense. Though I personally wish you would have stuck to the more realistic side. The Arma series has turned a corner (for me anyway), but perhaps it had to, never mind. :(

I will still gladly support your future plans for pc gaming, whatever they are.

:)

PS: hope you have sorted out your MP side, or that you get it sorted soon. It needs to be optimised really well to catch/appeal to the players you need for this.

Regards

Chris

I would like to personally express a big "Thank you" for being with us thru the last 6 months of game development and for immensely helping us improve the game! A full game has been released, a battle was fought, but the war has just started ;)

You're welcome, it's been good fun.

Compare the release of A2 to A3... my god we're basically bug free in comparison! This is excellent, thanks very much.

Now, between modders and devs, time to populate this fantastic game world that's been created! I'm excited to see what will be thought up, there's so much to play with.

What scenario could be played as-is?

Use the insulting weapons to shoot each other in a death match until you get bored?

Use the disgusting made up vehicles to blow each other up for an hour and then uninstall the game?

Aside from lacking any worthwhile content, the game insults the intelligence of anyone who plays it.

FS2000s? p99s? Israeli machine guns used by Iran? These obnoxiously ugly vehicles? Cars in the future all have glass roofs, so that the drivers might bake under the hot sun while they drive? Commanche helicopters? .308 kel tec rifles, with m14 mags still meticulously modeled into them, shooting imaginary magical underwater "5.56mm" bullets?

This is the island of a 12 year old military enthusiast living in 1995's misfit toys.

What happened to detail-oriented, serious, high quality military simulation? The "police boat" doesn't even spawn with a policeman in it. It's a guy in a tropical shirt. There isnt an ammo box with scuba gear, or with different pieces of clothing. there isn't anything. It's just an island.

This isn't really Arma3. This is an elaborate joke on their fans. This is Greek Island Vacation Simulator 2013.

Is BI going to fire the people who are responsible?

Do they have shareholders?

Okay, you've stated your Opinion.... now move on to BF4 or Call of Duty. ArmA 3 is solid and will only get better.

Like I said, if you don't like it, don't play it and move on. I, for one, love it.

I have more than 2200 hours on Arma2 according to steam, and probably spent that many on OFP.

What do you "love" about this?

The island is beautiful, but I feel mislead because I was sold a game called "Arma3" when what I received is Greek Island Vacation Simulator.

The bitter irony in your remark is that the only content "released" today is Call of Duty level stuff. An assortment of towns to team deathmatch in with silly guns.

Why would BI try to out-Call of Duty the Call of Duty people? Why couldn't they have stuck with their roots and done what they're good at? Serious, detail oriented military simulators?

What went wrong? Do you have any inside information about what went wrong?

Why do I still have to launch the game then go to task manager and make sure the game is set to high priority.

If it's not set I lose 30fps...

WHY ISN'T THIS FIXED

Okay, you've stated your Opinion.... now move on to BF4 or Call of Duty. ArmA 3 is solid and will only get better.

Like I said, if you don't like it, don't play it and move on. I, for one, love it.

No one cares what you said, as everyone is entitled to there opinion on something they purchased with there own money and not having someone tell them to move on to BF4 or COD.

I've been playing since OFP and personally I believe this is far from what was expected from BIS. The lack of detail in certain area's, the immersion itself in the game is extremely lacking, from the sounds to the textures, I'm just not sold. Bohemia rely to much on the community to make this game good because and in all honesty I would be done with this game already if it wasn't for the community releasing custom content.

What scenario could be played as-is?

Use the insulting weapons to shoot each other in a death match until you get bored?

Use the disgusting made up vehicles to blow each other up for an hour and then uninstall the game?

Aside from lacking any worthwhile content, the game insults the intelligence of anyone who plays it.

FS2000s? p99s? Israeli machine guns used by Iran? These obnoxiously ugly vehicles? Cars in the future all have glass roofs, so that the drivers might bake under the hot sun while they drive? Commanche helicopters? .308 kel tec rifles, with m14 mags still meticulously modeled into them, shooting imaginary magical underwater "5.56mm" bullets?

This is the island of a 12 year old military enthusiast living in 1995's misfit toys.

What happened to detail-oriented, serious, high quality military simulation? The "police boat" doesn't even spawn with a policeman in it. It's a guy in a tropical shirt. There isnt an ammo box with scuba gear, or with different pieces of clothing. there isn't anything. It's just an island.

This isn't really Arma3. This is an elaborate joke on their fans. This is Greek Island Vacation Simulator 2013.

Is BI going to fire the people who are responsible?

Do they have shareholders?

I think I may have seen a more obnoxious post than this this year, but offhand I can't remember what it was.

---------- Post added at 08:51 ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 ----------

Yeah I know. It seems to disappoint people who wanted to buy ArmA2 again.

Why do I still have to launch the game then go to task manager and make sure the game is set to high priority.

If it's not set I lose 30fps...

WHY ISN'T THIS FIXED

They were too busy adding more hexagon stuff.

I think I may have seen a more obnoxious post than this this year, but offhand I can't remember what it was.

---------- Post added at 08:51 ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 ----------

Yeah I know. It seems to disappoint people who wanted to buy ArmA2 again.

Or, in my case, people who wanted to buy a military simulator game, a good game, or even a game...

It's unfortunate that they confirmed today that there won't be an Arma4 :(

I don't think I've seen a more obnoxious or insulting 'release' in the last year than Arma3. Maybe Aliens: Colonial Marines. Maybe.

congratulations BIS on the release!

+1

game runs rock solid and very fluently so far on my dated machine. and it looks beautiful. now bring the campaign and some more assets and we have a really great game...

Or, in my case, people who wanted to buy a military simulator game, a good game, or even a game...

It's unfortunate that they confirmed today that there won't be an Arma4 :(

It's an interesting pessimistic personal opinion ( though I'd suggest to avoid repeating it in all the posts ).

Btw according to BI Arma 3 is a military game not a simulator and no one has made any official statement about Arma 4.

I have more than 2200 hours on Arma2 according to steam, and probably spent that many on OFP.

What do you "love" about this?

The island is beautiful, but I feel mislead because I was sold a game called "Arma3" when what I received is Greek Island Vacation Simulator.

The bitter irony in your remark is that the only content "released" today is Call of Duty level stuff. An assortment of towns to team deathmatch in with silly guns.

Why would BI try to out-Call of Duty the Call of Duty people? Why couldn't they have stuck with their roots and done what they're good at? Serious, detail oriented military simulators?

2200 hrs with ArmA 2, huh. "2, Driver, get in that vehicle." The Radio Chatter and the Clunky / Wonky gameplay drove me nuts. Don't get me wrong, it was a fun series, but wonky. ArmA 3 is smooth....the gameplay is great...and the radio chatter is much better.

As for my Bf4 and COD quote.....if you don't like ArmA 3, then wait for COD or BF4...that might be more to your liking. Also, this game is NOTHING like COD or BF4.

If that's true about Arma 4, it's probably because they have realised like a lot of other people probably have that this engine can't cut it in the future (it barely does now) and they have no alternative.

I dont like COD or BF4, I like Operation Flashpoint and Arma2.

Serious, detail oriented military simulators.

Arma3 is magnificently smooth, 100x better engine.

But, no content.

It's a very smooth, very beautiful Island Vacation Simulator set in greece.

An island where a colony of alcoholics and glue sniffers make full-size models of the objects they see in the future in their "visions."

In time 3rd party modders will add content that people like me, who play Arma and run Arma servers can use to create worthwhile mil sim games using the engine. But that's not how it's meant to be. When BI develops and then releases a game, it's meant to have content in it for people to use to do this, already.

Are they getting out of the mil sim business and into the beautiful-island-3d-rendering business? If so, shouldn't they have clued someone in first?

---------- Post added at 09:06 ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 ----------

If that's true about Arma 4, it's probably because they have realised like a lot of other people probably have that this engine can't cut it in the future (it barely does now) and they have no alternative.

I don't know if they've announced it yet, or even realized it.

But Arma3 is a catastrophe from which their company may very well not recover.

As for my Bf4 and COD quote.....if you don't like ArmA 3, then wait for COD or BF4...that might be more to your liking. Also, this game is NOTHING like COD or BF4.

That's such a stupid thing to say. So if somebody likes Arma 2 but not Arma 3, then they should wait for COD or BF4 because "that might be more to your liking" even though Arma "is NOTHING like COD or BF4". :Oo:

by the way I see you've finally come to terms with the fact Arma is a game and not a simulator.

Edited by clydefrog

Wgaf is just annoyed because he had really huge gigantic expectations that had been broken. But no official statment has been released about A4. A3 has just been released, so I guess until a few years...

Militantmaddox said: No one cares what you said, as everyone is entitled to there opinion on something they purchased with there own money and not having someone tell them to move on to BF4 or COD.

I've been playing since OFP and personally I believe this is far from what was expected from BIS. The lack of detail in certain area's, the immersion itself in the game is extremely lacking, from the sounds to the textures, I'm just not sold. Bohemia rely to much on the community to make this game good because and in all honesty I would be done with this game already if it wasn't for the community releasing custom content.

_________

No one? Oh, I'm sure someone cares. :p

I downloaded all of the ArmA / BIS stuff that came with Supporter Edition. I didn't start playing this series until ArmA 2, so I never experienced the evolution of the game and the nostalgia that went along with it. But, when I tried to play OFP and ArmA 1, I just couldn't take it for very long. Why? ArmA 3 has spoiled me....it's that great of a game. I grew up on Battlefield.....loved Battlefield 1942. I didn't play it for 7 years or so and then EA offered it for free last year. I downloaded it and it was "junk" compared to BF3. But back in 2002, I thought it was the greatest game ever and I had great memories with it.....but Battlefield 3 spoiled me. The same with the ArmA series. OFP does nothing for me, but ArmA 3 is gorgeous and the gameplay is second to none.