Sign in to follow this  
scorp4

The BETA is dead! Long live Arma 3!

I really cannot decide what the first thing I am going to do is!

Check out any new firing range/training scenarios, then the editor...

50% DLd, and it must suck if you haven't bought the Beta - retail price is US$15 more.... :)

@robbie84

yes maybe best thing to do!

I am just doing what devs said. Wait for release and then download. If I get 5 fps because of fresh install instead of Beta "hammering", I'll be happy :)

*clap clap*

Bohemia Interactive has done tremendous work for the newest installment in the Arma series, Arma 3.

With better optimization and a tremendous amount of extra goodies, the new update to the full release build from the last Beta build is now 3.5Gb's big.

Check your steam inventory for steam trading cards for Arma 3 as it has also been supported with steam trading cards(I was the first to ever sell a card on Arma 3 marketplace by the way ;D). Here comes to a great new game and with more joy and excitement to come! Go ahead, upgrade your game, or buy the newest installment in a boxed copy, what are you waiting for? Go get it!

Not sure what to say yet still feels like only half a game guess we will have to wait 3 months till its all in 1 package with all the content ie campaign before we can judge it properly.

Maybe ArmA 3 is currently "poor" in content when matched vs ArmA 2. But soon, BIS will release Campaign, Modders will do wonders and then comes the DLC and Expansions. I am not afraid much for the future of the game. If NOTHING else, modders will keep it alive =)

Try restarting Steam. If it does not work then delete local content and download fresh ArmA 3 Retail. 8.1gb.

The main branch now is just a back dated beta version.

I thought we are suppose to receive a day one update which has all fixes till launch day?

Edited by ryaneu

So should I just stay on dev branch since there is no difference? Did that black error box go away finally?

If you have played the dev build of ArmA 3 there isn't anything new, sadly. So some of us are actually a little disappointed haha.

There are new SP and MP missions for Altis (finally!).

So should I just stay on dev branch since there is no difference? Did that black error box go away finally?

Dev Branch will receive a big update this afternoon with fixes of the last week(s) since the configlock.

This is really a disappointing launch day. Looks like a repeat of what happened back during Arma 2 launch.

Dev branch is being adjusted to fit normal build currently. Later it will be updated with a development.exe for future build test. It's almost depressing, honestly. Such a wait, and not even a single new BluFor, or OpFor jet aircraft to balance out with Independent.

Patience, everyone, this is only the beginning of great things to come. Altis looks awesome. As for the Planes, you must remember that this game is "Infantry Based".... it's not really an "aircraft based" game. But, BIS has heard the community and more planes will be coming soon enough. Enjoy the beautiful scenery and all the scenario's / showcases that can be played in this sandbox environment. Cheers.

Patience, everyone, this is only the beginning of great things to come. Altis looks awesome. As for the Planes, you must remember that this game is "Infantry Based".... it's not really an "aircraft based" game. But, BIS has heard the community and more planes will be coming soon enough. Enjoy the beautiful scenery and all the scenario's / showcases that can be played in this sandbox environment. Cheers.

Yes, infantry based. But there is no balance of CAS assets with AAF having the only pair of jet aircraft in game.

Disgusting. I am disgusted.

What happened to BI between the release of Arma2 OA and now?

What has gone so horrifically wrong?

I would like to personally express a big "Thank you" for being with us thru the last 6 months of game development and for immensely helping us improve the game! A full game has been released, a battle was fought, but the war has just started ;)

What scenario could be played as-is?

Use the insulting weapons to shoot each other in a death match until you get bored?

Use the disgusting made up vehicles to blow each other up for an hour and then uninstall the game?

Aside from lacking any worthwhile content, the game insults the intelligence of anyone who plays it.

FS2000s? p99s? Israeli machine guns used by Iran? These obnoxiously ugly vehicles? Cars in the future all have glass roofs, so that the drivers might bake under the hot sun while they drive? Commanche helicopters? .308 kel tec rifles, with m14 mags still meticulously modeled into them, shooting imaginary magical underwater "5.56mm" bullets?

This is the island of a 12 year old military enthusiast living in 1995's misfit toys.

What happened to detail-oriented, serious, high quality military simulation? The "police boat" doesn't even spawn with a policeman in it. It's a guy in a tropical shirt. There isnt an ammo box with scuba gear, or with different pieces of clothing. there isn't anything. It's just an island.

This isn't really Arma3. This is an elaborate joke on their fans. This is Greek Island Vacation Simulator 2013.

Is BI going to fire the people who are responsible?

Do they have shareholders?

Edited by wgaf