Sign in to follow this  
xcess_second

[SP] Ekali Air Cavalry

oZBDHM9.jpg

A short mission to get me back into the swing of things.

You will lead a squad, inserted by helicopter in an assault on a small hamlet in the area of Ekali, in the south eastern region of Altis to allow further forces to move in. The LZ will be hot, so be prepared to move fast and secure the area.

Link to Steam Workshop.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=177102175

Hey Xcess this mission was great! Took a few times for the chopper to land right, once it was shot down. If realism is the goal the mission is great, if not, you may want to move the chopper farther from something with AA or sustained HMG. Try out my WIP mission I have released if you have time please :) http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22540 It SP/COOP, and the first in a campaign. Features custom bases and posts, but no working tasks yet in the map view.

Odd that the helo got itself shot down, I created a cheaty little script to repair it constantly and set it to captive... Might have to look into that.

I'll give your mission a shot when I get a chance, sounds like a good laugh from the description :D

Had I to guess, when it came to the helo being shot down, the damage amount simply overloaded whatever repair amount was being applied. I imagine the script is more than sufficient for small-arms and anti-air artillery of all sorts, but SAMs will break the script by overloading a critical component. I haven't played the mission yet, but might want to be something to look into if you have missile batteries anywhere nearby.

Ok, my take on the mission is not as great....

Let's list what happens:

1) Helo lands too close to the target, immediately being engaged

2) Terrain between the LZ and objective is almost featureless (save for a few rocks) - my squad is immediately pinned down

3) The whole air assault consists of a single squad - which is totally overwhelmed numerically

4) Helo sits on the ground where the onboard machine guns are not used and are therefore unable to tip the scales towards a NATO victory

5) My squad is totally wiped out, no chance of winning this mission

Just a few suggestions to improve this basic mission into possibly something terriffic:

1) Put some distance and a hill between the LZ and the objective to allow for approach under cover and give the player time to recon the village and organise his squad

2) Assault the objective with multiple squads to achieve some balance - difficulty can be racked up via an enemy counterstrike once the player is inside the village and is able to look for cover inside houses

3) The helo should circle the target and engage the enemy. Or there should be some artillery preparation of the objective.

Albeit above suggestions are just an opinion I hope to see this mission improved since it has lots of potential.

Ok, my take on the mission

Those are some really really good ideas.

I'll play it again when those are implemented.

I have a better idea!

Use "setIdentity" to "Mathias Eichinger"

Have a weapons load out of only a knife.

Have player"Mathias" do a Halo drop into the LZ.

Then sit back and watch all the fun begin;)