Sign in to follow this  
Kemmster

Straight out of boot camp

After moaning and wailing about not having OPF for months the great god of computer games smiled and granted me all three 'bits' OPF, Red Hammer, & Resistance.  

Now my problem is this although I can run, shoot, shit, like a member of the USMC! I can't work out how to hit a tank with a RPG.  When I do it's a fluke and I've usually missed with the first two shots and so I then get shot.  All assistance would be appreciated

Regards

Kemmster

Firstly an RPG doesn't travel anywhere near as fast as a bullet, so you have to train ahead of your target (if it's moving) much more than you do with a gun.

Secondly, RPG's are not meant for use at long range. You need to wait until the tank is within at least 200 metres if you want to be sure of a hit.

Thirdly RPG's drop down after you have fired them and will hit the ground before they hit the tank if you don't aim a little high when you fire.

Not sure what else to say smile.gif

The 2nd "wire" from the bottom, the one that is different from the others, is a good point to start your aiming from. At 50-100 metres, you would hit a stationary target if you use that one. Further away means you have to lift it a bit smile.gif

I recommend practising on Desert Island, put a few empty tanks and tank targets varied distances away and try hitting them smile.gif

Once you can hit tanks on flat level, go to Everon or somewhere and try hitting tanks when you are on higher/lower ground than tanks smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ex-RoNiN

Once you can hit tanks on flat level, go to Everon or somewhere and try hitting tanks when you are on higher/lower ground than tanks <span id='postcolor'>

...and then when you think your getting really good download Ex-Ronin's "Hamburger Beach" mission.

tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GreyKnight @ Aug. 17 2002,10:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Secondly, RPG's are not meant for use at long range. You need to wait until the tank is within at least 200 metres if you want to be sure of a hit.<span id='postcolor'>

Nah, its more than 200m! smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bosun @ Aug. 17 2002,18:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ex-RoNiN

Once you can hit tanks on flat level, go to Everon or somewhere and try hitting tanks when you are on higher/lower ground than tanks  <span id='postcolor'>

...and then when you think your getting really good download Ex-Ronin's  "Hamburger Beach"  mission.

tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

lol, yea. I enjoyed that mission though. Great intro and outro (albeit a bit melodramatic smile.gif) too.

Practice the fan mission HALO BlackOps. If you have mission editing experience, then edit out the first objective and place yourself at the castle.

how can i go about getting that hamburger beach mission?

Thanks guys this has helped a lot! It's really rare to find a forum where someone can ask a really basic question and get a mature and sensible answer. you guys are great!

A skill that is easily honed yet will be very useful later is hitting choppers with RPGs, try it on the editor.

That is true. I still can only hit them when they come at me head on.

I've never understood why every Walktrough to this game tells you to shoot down choppers with tank-MG's, Just use the main cannon or an RPG/LAW.  tounge.gif  Much funnier!  biggrin.gif