Sign in to follow this  
laxentis

Polish Armed Forces Mod

ACC_PAFM.jpg

Polish Armed Forces Mod

Mod Sił Zbrojnych Rzeczypospolitej Polskiej

ArmA Coop Corps modding team, in cooperation with modders creating the Polish faction for Project Reality: BF2, proudly present the first public Work In Progress images of the nearly-completed kbs Beryl wz.96/04/08.

Showcase of all the current variants

Detailed shot of the latest model version

We are planning to release kbs Beryl and kbs Mini-Beryl in following variants:

• wz. 1996
  • wz. 2004
  • wz. 2008

All in 3 painting schemes - no camo, desert camo and woodland camo.

The whole mod is designed to be released in 3 major packages:

• weapons pack
  • units pack
  • vehicles pack

For further contact please do not hesitate to contact us at our website or via Private Messages at BI Forums.

Edited by laxentis

Looks outstanding ... looking forward to see more weapons and maybe some models of units.

Keep up the good work.

The first weapon package has just gone to the internal testing.

Good news, though IMO would be nice if you could add at least one soldier with polish uniform for the first pack.

We're working on it. At first we will be releasing just a retexture of the default models, but we're also planning to model the correct gear (as shown to us by IFOR, Iraq and Afghanistan veterans) later during the development.

Edited by laxentis

Hopefuly this will be a proper PAF mod, perhaps something that will get me interested in ArmA 3 again...

Good luck fellow countrymen!

Currently the MSBS is marked as "maybe" on our design plan. At first, we're planning to release the current equipment, then we will start working on the nearest-future stuff.

Little update. I'm currently working on soldier textures. Uniform is ready but I'm still working on vest and helmet. You can also see working beryl rifles in the shot.

Screenshot

Little update. I'm currently working on soldier textures. Uniform is ready but I'm still working on vest and helmet. You can also see working beryl rifles in the shot.

Screenshot

Looks good, I like it :)

This should not be a problem since I have vectorized this pattern (I't just case of switching swatches in AI). However I based colors on pattern bought and photographed by one of project members.

Wz.93 really come in different shades it all depend on year of production, check this for instance:

00021DIXH448SB85-C116-F4.jpg

If I remember correctly one you posted is older pattern, but I could be wrong. I'll try to do some research on this topic.

It is possible that I'll do different shade variants that will be available in final pack.

Edited by Wyspa

Wz.93 really come in different shades it all depend on year of production

Yup, but what You've achieved here looks more like the first wz.93 variant issued to Army (Wojska Ladowe) in 1995 - more yellow than green. Usually green/olive shades are in the background (shade is different not only because of the year of mfg, but also differs between manufacturers and materials).

Take note that Polish SF camo "Suez", a copy of Crye's Multicam, is more yellow than original pattern.

Also, You're using unofficial names of Beryl prototypes: "wz. 2004" and "wz. 2008". Army designations are wz. 96A, wz. 96B and wz. 96C. This is, however, minor thing and it's not meant as criticism, just info ;)

Anyway: nice work and keep up!

The first version of the soldiers' retextures is almost ready. Wyspa is now running around with a camera and a painting brush, making screenies and fine-tuning the textures.

Ok basic soldier texture is done!

Screenshot

I'm still planing to do more of the equipment stuff (backpacks, more vests etc.). But for now this is version you'll see in first pack.

Thx for all suggestions, as you can see I tweaked wz.93 camo pattern.

PS.

In the screenshot you can see Beryl rifle with Pallad grenade launcher

Edited by Wyspa

Looks nice :)

I'm probably nitpicking, but I'd lower the brightness and saturation of the brighter green (in photoshop by -20) and it would be perfect for me.

Just can't wait to have time to make some missions with those units :yay:

Just can't wait to have time to make some missions with those units :yay:

Definiitly looking forward to play missions with this mod indeed, Maybe in future some dedicated fellow A3 Polish players will create a campaign for it :3 Definitly will do few missions myself for it.

As for the woodland camo ver, I myself have a full set of wz.93 for airsoft and I still have to say the light greenish part is abit more "darker" but that does not change anything, I dont even mind it having such a color, its amazing on how it is :)

Edited by Sakai