Sign in to follow this  
opftafel007

in store?

probably u had this question alot of times but here goes:

Will there be a disc version (u know: disc, box, book the whole thing) in stores or will this be a strict steam only product (now or in the future) and will there be a big difference in price if there is a disc version?

also: are there any downside to having a copy on steam in comparrison to a copy on disc?

There's going to be a disc version in Europe, but in the US it's download-only (BI didn't get a retail publishing deal); both are Steam-only though, and the latest SITREP goes into some detail about them.

There's going to be a disc version in Europe, but in the US it's download-only (BI didn't get a retail publishing deal); both are Steam-only though, and the latest SITREP goes into some detail about them.

Just to add a little detail. The game will have retail version in some countries BUT you will still need to activate it on steam. This means you can install it from DVD but you will still have to play via Steam to keep the game up to date (and prevent duplicates playing).

Just to add a little detail. The game will have retail version in some countries BUT you will still need to activate it on steam. This means you can install it from DVD but you will still have to play via Steam to keep the game up to date (and prevent duplicates playing).

any idea what the date shall be for the retail versions?

It's already out there... here's an example thereof, and a Reddit thread about it; someone else also mentioned here that they got their hands on one (but were unaware that it was a Steamworks game so that the disc was basically just a Steam installer).

Maybe someone can start a "Where to buy" thread like we had with Arma 2.

Since Arma 3 needs Steam, information about which disk version people in North America are able to import and be able to register would be nice.

Steam keys are somewhat localized so that is an issue.

For that you may have to check with the EU publisher Morphicon/Peter Games; in the US it's just bought through the BI Store (Steam key) or through the Steam Storefront directly, although one can buy Steam Wallet codes at certain American retail stores; for example, GameStop sells them in $20 and $50 denominations, allowing one to buy Arma 3 with cash by buying and redeeming Steam Wallet codes, then using the accumulated Steam Wallet funds as the payment method in the Steam Storefront.

I'm talking about Disc versions that people in North America can import and register with Steam without any issues like keys being localized.

I've been holding out expecting a DVD copy.

would have been nice to know a little more in advance.

There isn't a chance of me paying $60 for a digital download of anything.

Why would I pay more for less?

There isn't a chance of me paying $60 for a digital download of anything.

Why would I pay more for less?

You could have bought that digital download for $45 last night... but good luck on finding an appropriate DVD to import; we sure could use an answer re: the "region" status on any Arma 3 imported discs.

DnA????

You could have bought that digital download for $45 last night... but good luck on finding an appropriate DVD to import; we sure could use an answer re: the "region" status on any Arma 3 imported discs.

DnA????

Not sure if I am reading the steam database info correctly but it seems that the Russian and Asian retail versions are region locked. Morphicon (EU?), Czech and Australian versions seem not region locked. Again, not sure.

Hence why I'd like DnA to clarify since he's at least somewhat connected to Publishing.

thanks for the many reply's and clarifications, ive just seen that theres an arma 3 limited edition disc (with manuel and all) in stores and im getting it on saturday.

call me old fashioned but i still like having a disc, a case to put in my collection, and offcourse the fresh smell of a newly bought game ;)

Only thing I can confirm you is that the retail is not country locked (in EU) but not sure about EU-US but it should be fine as I had used US copy of ARMA1 before.

@Optafael007 I would buy disc too if there wasn´t supporter with all its bonuses. Also I remember your nickname somehow from before. Did you played Flashpoint or ARMA1?

@ opftafel007: Check to see whether it's the edition that's coming with goodies as well or just the disc and product key.

I checked with DVD Gaming Direct who are one of the sellers of the DVD copies on Amazon and they will ship to North America.

The person who replied didn't know if the Steam key is Region locked or not.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ARMA-Limited-Deluxe-Edition-PC/dp/B00EDF3V6S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379066184&sr=8-1&keywords=arma+3