Sign in to follow this  
deethree

Please don't use the steam workshop as your only host.

As a server host I'm not going to bother even reading your description if it doesn't have a better host. There's absolutely no way I'm subscribing, then digging thru my files to find it, then uploading it to my server. If you plan to see your mission on a dedicated server I suggest you get a media fire account or similar, or submit it with armaholic until steam gets their download system in order.

Have a nice day

steamworks is great for singleplayer and small coop missions, but as you say, for large coop, or PVP missions is not tht good.

deethree is totaly right.

For a serveradmin the procedure to get a steamworkshop mission running is:

1. Subscribe to the mission
  2. Start ArmA3
  3. Host a LAN-Server
  4. Start the mission
  5. Exit the mission and ArmA
  6. Locate this obscure steam/temp ordner with ArmAs steamID 10***, which seems to everytime I am looking for it
  7. In some cases: DePBO the mission.pbo, renaming it and repacking it to a proper missionname.island.pbo
  8. Upload it to the server
  9. Repeat for every new or updated mission

Search for "*.pbo", drama over.

There a serveral flaws in this:

I have more than 4k .pbo files in my file system (inc. backups): OFP, ArmA1 + AddOns, ArmA2+ AddOns, ArmA3, Take On.

I have no idea, what the name of the missions.pbo is (but probably mission.pbo :j: )

I have indexing disabled on my ArmA3 drive to longer the live of my SSD, so no real searching here ...

• Like 1

We hope that dedicated server steam accounts will one day be able to

*subscribe

*restart the server

* use command #missions to always have the most upto date mission version = Amazing

Until then, mission maker should published large mission's PBO. If they want it to be successful and hosted on dedicated.

Server management on Arma 3 is already a nightmare with the crappy optimization we don't need more work

For a serveradmin the procedure to get a steamworkshop mission running is:

1. Subscribe to the mission in Steam Workshop.
  2. Search the folder located at "<drive>:\<steam_directory>\userdata\<your_steam_id>\" for "*.pbo" in Windows Explorer.
  3. Copy and paste it to the server.

FTFY

Ideally the A3 dedicated server package should be able to be accessed by steam account without A3 so server admins can create an account for their server and subscribe to Steam Workshop and benefit from updates. The dedicated server would have to look in the respective folders for said mission files. Or you could do some symlinks.

Edited by ssechaud

I hope SP mission makers will do the same thing and double host the file.

I need to download those files to the PC itself so I can Un-pbo them for closer inspection and mission editing learning.

Trying to find them as it is now is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

I'll always have 3 links for my missions, Steam workshop, Armaholic and Dropbox.

Edited by dale0404

If you want to find subscribed missions easily then they are stored in \ArmA3 - Other Profiles\Profile Name\Saved\steam

You've got to have played them though.

Last couple of mission I have only published on the workshop.. and I like it. Otherwise with every little update you have to update it on the forums and add a new RAR file. Not that I am a fan of the workshop, but it makes life easier.

I'll always have 3 links for my missions, Steam workshop, Armaholic and Dropbox.

Do you have any idea where on your PC one can find them?

If you want to find subscribed missions easily then they are stored in \ArmA3 - Other Profiles\Profile Name\Saved\steam

You've got to have played them though.

What's the folder before \Arma3?

Because in my Documents, I've got Arma2, Arma 3 and Arma 3 Alpha, but no Other Profiles..............

What's the folder before \Arma3?

Because in my Documents, I've got Arma2, Arma 3 and Arma 3 Alpha, but no Other Profiles..............

That means you are using the original created profile with your Windows-Name. "Other Profiles" is created by ArmA3 on creating a another profile. You have to look in the "ArmA 3" folder.

Thats not always true. My downloaded missions are hidden in different places. Some are in my profile, some are on my AppData/Local/ArmA3 folder and some are hidden in a steam userdata folder with some cryptic numbers in the path (my steamid + ArmA3s appID). Steam/BIS seems to change the downloadpathes from time to time.

Edited by NeoArmageddon