Sign in to follow this  
0ps

Furniture objects are boaring

Take a closer look at the text on the markers. :p

WOW, amazing find!!!

How could BIS let such a stupid mistake slip through quality control?!?!?!

The artist responsible should be sacked forthwith.

What?

Last time I checked, that was how you spell the word "board". As in Whiteboard, Cardboard, Surfboard, Boardwalk... and many other words in the English language that relate to rigid, flat surfaces

nevermind, I saw the mistake on the red pen. I can't read properly upside down :D

Ok peeps, lets give him a little credit, he spotted it and we didn't, good find mate. Don't think it's important though but we can all hope. Maybe the start of a new ARG? :p

---------- Post added at 15:18 ---------- Previous post was at 15:17 ----------

What?

Last time I checked, that was how you spell the word "board". As in Whiteboard, Cardboard, Surfboard, Boardwalk... and many other words in the English language that relate to rigid, flat surfaces

Look at the red marker.

WOW, amazing find!!!

How could BIS let such a stupid mistake slip through quality control?!?!?!

The artist responsible should be sacked forthwith.

Once we called such stuff eastereggs and BIS games are usually full of it. Did someone check all chimneys for Santa or the island for christmas trees or has BIS lost all of it's czech humour in 2035?

Anyone complaining about C/P should look at that screenshot - the blufor marker is clearly not the same as the redfor marker.

Once we called such stuff eastereggs and BIS games are usually full of it. Did someone check all chimneys for Santa or the island for christmas trees or has BIS lost all of it's czech humour in 2035?

Yes, they have put in some nice things to find. (check 'skull' finds) But I think this time they have had so many problems that they have struggled to get it this far.

In case it was lost on the non English speakers, I was being sarcastic...

Anyone complaining about C/P should look at that screenshot - the blufor marker is clearly not the same as the redfor marker.

Yes, there is a missing 'D' from the texture map. AMAZING.

Considering there are thousands of texture maps in the game, I'm sure there are other mistakes...

Look at the red marker.

Aye, I caught that just after I posted - I'm old and my brain doesn't work upside down.

The texture artist should be reprimanded for inefficient use of UV space - Making separate unwraps for the body of both pens when they could have shared that part of the texture and only needed the caps to have their own UV space to change their colour

Personally I think they shouldn't change/fix it but it's a non issue. :p I like me some Easter eggs.

i too think it's an easter egg. why would they, as has been mentioned, use an extra UV space for the same exact pen? i want more of this. BI get your freak on! no joke is too bad for us :p

I have talked to the artist team at BI. With this mistake/joke now being visible to the general public and the resulting revolt seen in this thread, they have switched their entire focus on creating an improved whiteBOARd with up to 20% more of the letter "D". However... this switch in resources has put an indefinite halt on the work being done on the BLUFOR and OPFOR CAS jets. ;)

Good find though, maybe we should start an easter egg thread?

For all we know this horrible UV mapping could be the result of low FPS in multiplayer. Forget the bipods and stuff, this needs to be fixed ASAP.

This example reminds me of situation with tanks.

Two markers seem too identical? Remove one letter from red one, and some other from blue. True assymetric whiteboard action.:rolleyes:

... However... this switch in resources has put an indefinite halt on the work being done on the BLUFOR and OPFOR CAS jets. ;)

Good find though, maybe we should start an easter egg thread?

Trying to get me lynch mobbed? lol I'm surprised there isn't already a thread about easter eggs and other generally interesting finds. Maybe I should change the title + post to an easter egg thread?

Trying to get me lynch mobbed? lol I'm surprised there isn't already a thread about easter eggs and other generally interesting finds. Maybe I should change the title + post to an easter egg thread?

Yeah there is. I just forgot about it :|

OK guys please continue posting and discussing all actual or perceived easter eggs n this thread.

Nice bit of contextual humor on Luomu's part and once again good find on Ops.

Thread closed until Half Life Episode 3 comes out.