Sign in to follow this  
BL1P

How to Disable players voice

When me and some m8s play in a Squad the Squad leaders character will call out enemy at blabla.

This is very annoying for them as they themselves haven't spotted the Enemy.

We have Configure\Audio\radio turned off.

Also Configure\game\Radio Subtitles turned off.

But the squad lead still shouts enemy at blabla.

Are there any script commands we can use in the mission Which will turn of Voice shouts ?

Not possible without an addon ?

Try these:

0 fadeRadio 0;
enableRadio false;
enableSentences false;
player disableConversation false;

Careful of that last command though, it might block text chat too ;)

Ok.

This is where im upto atm.

In a player vrs AI only Coop mission where you have grouped players only on one side fighting AI on the other side.

If you place enableSentences false; in the init of each playableunits init they will no longer call out a sighting etc using voice when the (AI mind of the player) ? sees an enemy.

But they will still send radio message subtitles.

I would now like to force off the radio message subtitles.

This Does NOT WORK enableRadio false; putting that in the init of the playableunits does NOT turn off radio message subtitles.

showSubtitles false; cannot be placed in a units init.

I realise we could tell each player that joins to turn of his radio messages via the in game options.

This is not what we want we want the player to not send the message as some missions like to use the radio message subtitles as a way to transmit orders and information.

Any help would be great as subtitles on Players quite ruin the immersion of a Coop mission.

Edited by BL1P

Can't you put showSubtitles false; in a trigger that activates at the start of the mission or in an init file?

If you place enableSentences false; in the init of each playableunits init

enableSentences has do be executed only once (in a trigger or somewhere). This disables both the voices and the written text for the player (I'm 100% sure about that since I use it do dis/enable the player radio as a radio trigger in all my maps). Maybe it only comes into effect half a second after the map has started.

I use this it works, put in your squad leaders init enablesentences false

Edited by Jim Brown
init rather than waypoint

I am using enablesentences false; in the init of all playable units.

Ill try both the rougetrooper and the sismicruler approach and report back later.

See if I cant get rid of the pesky subtitles.

Thanks for the tips guys.

hi guys im interested in something like this for my MP missions also. But my requests are slightly different in tat i have 2 AI squads controlled by players. What im trying to achieve is the AI members of the team will still tell the player squad leaders of any sightings but i DONT want my players (AI mind) telling the player any sightings. I want them to find the enemy them selves. I've put in the above codes into the players inits but now no one talks to each other. Any ideas please? All i want is the playeres characters to stop calling out sightings.

many thanks in advance

I know this is an old thread of mine but I am updating where I am up to with this.

We are using enablesentences false; in the init of all playable units.

This will stop the players talking but it also removes all talking from enemy AI when playing coop in MP.

Turning off Radio Subtitles for all Players is not possible in MP because the Autospot = 0; difficulty setting does not work in MP and hasn't worked since OFP

Everything could be fixed if BIS would fix the Autospot = 0; command for the server difficulties in MP.

At the moment they acknowledge the bug but seem to be happy to leave it as is.

If anyone has any suggestions on how I could script turn off only players voices and turn off players radio subtitles on all players on server I would be very greatfull.

Yours,

BL1P

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

hi guys im interested in something like this for my MP missions also. But my requests are slightly different in tat i have 2 AI squads controlled by players. What im trying to achieve is the AI members of the team will still tell the player squad leaders of any sightings but i DONT want my players (AI mind) telling the player any sightings. I want them to find the enemy them selves. I've put in the above codes into the players inits but now no one talks to each other. Any ideas please? All i want is the playeres characters to stop calling out sightings.

many thanks in advance

Send messages to BIS to fix Autospot = 0; or create another as there are many feedback tracker on the subject.

But sorry to say they normally just mark the tracker as acknowledged and thats the end of that.

New update :)

Thanks to Larrow we are now using this code :-

waitUntil {! (isNull player) && time > 1}; 
oldSubs = showSubtitles false;  

In the initplayerlocal.sqf of a mission (last bit of code in that file)

This stops Radio Subtitles for all players in MP.

Still cant stop Player Voices calls without loosing AI voice calls, but we use eneablesentences false in the init of all playable units, as no voice is better than the stupid AI voice of a player.

Thanks Larrow !!!

Edited by BL1P

player setSpeaker "NoVoice";

?

• Thanks 1

Came a cross a problem whereby if a player tks another player then the radio subtitles return from the TKer

When using :-

Edited by BL1P

Thanks for sharing these workarounds, looks like we're getting close to curing the player's Schizophrenia. :)

I'll play around with these too and report back if I find any improvements. enableSentences false already made it a lot more bearable.

BL1P, I would recommend using a server side addon for this stuff, so you don't have to add it to each mission, makes things easier.

Example:

// Compile and broadcast
client_code = {

if (isDedciated) exitWith {};

[] spawn {
	waitUntil {!(isNull player) && (time > 0)};
	enableSentences false;
	showSubtitles false;
	player addMPEventHandler ["MPRespawn", { enableSentences false; showSubtitles false; }];
};

};

publicVariable "client_code";

// Execute everywhere incl. JIP
[[], "client_code", nil, true, true] call BIS_fnc_MP;

Just run this from a pbo on the server only. We've been using this method to apply such workarounds to all missions for quite some time now, works great.

Came a cross a problem whereby if a player tks another player then the radio subtitles return from the TKer

When using :-

Whats the situation?

Is it just a rating change?

Has the rating changed enough to make the TKer considered hostile?

Does just giving a unit a -rating make this happen or only via the kill?

If its a rating change maybe some kind of client side onEachFrame that re runs the subtitles code.

If its a kill then a server added MPKilled EH that only runs where the local Killer && side Killer == side Unit

Still think the best option for this is an addon with a new speaker that removes all the unwanted radio protocols e.g

"\v1.24\a3\dubbing_radio_f\config.cpp"

class CfgIdentities
{
class Jayholder
{
	name = "Jayholder";
	face = "whiteHead_01";
	glasses = "None";
	speaker = "Male00ENG";
	pitch = 1;
	nameSound = "Kerry";
};

speaker here extends from

class CfgVoice
{
class Base
{
	variants[] = {0.95,1.0,1.05};
	voiceType = "";
	scope = 0;
	directories[] = {"",""};
	protocol = "RadioProtocolBase";
	icon = "#(argb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,0)";
};
class ENG: Base
{
	protocol = "RadioProtocolENG";
	identityTypes[] = {"default","Head_USMC","Head_USMC_CO","Head_USMC_Camo","Head_USMC_CO_Camo","Head_Default","Head_Special","LanguageENG_F"};
	icon = "\a3\Ui_f\data\Map\Markers\Flags\usa_ca.paa";
};
class Male01ENG: ENG
{
	directories[] = {"\A3\Dubbing_Radio_F\data\Male01\","\A3\Dubbing_Radio_F\data\Male01\"};
	scope = 2;
	displayName = "$STR_A3_CfgVoice_Male01ENG";
	author = "$STR_A3_Bohemia_Interactive";
};

Which protocol comes from

class RadioProtocolENG: RadioProtocolBase
{

which seems to hold all the sentences. Can you just create a new protocol with all the sentences removed. Inherit this into a new CfgVoice which you can then either inherit into a new identity or use as a setSpeaker.

Really have not got that far into experimenting with addons yet. Maybe this is what MRB_Voice_Stop does? Have not looked ..... fuck it ....... 10mins later

YES this is exactly what MRB Voice Stop does lol. It emptys all the WORDS from RadioProtocolENG