Sign in to follow this  
dead kennedy

VeteranMod demo release

Patch release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Dead Kennedy) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Missed changelog -

- Removed zoom on the vanilla vehicles.

- Removed placeholders of the VTN vehicles. Now, all the vehicles are vanilla.

- Vanilla infantry units are replaced by VTN ones.

- Added some loading screens.

- Added the cutscene for Beketov.

- Some localization fixes.

- Some tweaks for optical sights.

Edited by Dead Kennedy

Hi,

I have a question concerning Beketov. Is it necessary to launch the VTN Mod to use Beketov map?

Is it possible to use the map without the mod VTN?

Thank you for your reply

Edit----

When I use the map without the 0.25 patch, I have an error message in.

498839erreur1.jpg

But when I add the 0.25 patch, I have an error message when starting the game

905559erreur2.jpg

The 0.25 patch requires me to launch the VTN to use the map.

Edited by Cirav

Hi,

I have a question concerning Beketov. Is it necessary to launch the VTN Mod to use Beketov map?

Is it possible to use the map without the mod VTN?

Thank you for your reply

Public use of Beketov and his components without VTN-mod is not allowed. I.e. releasing missions, machinimas, creating online-servers, and so on.

Of course, you can use Beketov privately in the editor with or without any addons, as long as it is not shown to the public.

Edited by Dead Kennedy

We want to use the map for a campaign dedicated to the OFCRA on a locked server.

Thank you for your clarification on the use of VTN.

So, it seems, that Russian community violates the author's rights again. Today we have spotted an interesting video created by Tushino server - https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=wwjdbMcfrt0

Here we see the Beketov island separately of the VTN-mod, and even no any credits to the authors. We were not allowed Tushino to run Beketov in the online-events without VTN-mod. Moreover, they approached us with this question, and we gave them the same answer as above to Cirav - feel free to use Veteran on your servers, but as long as you not modify it and respect the author's rights. This is a common ethic of whole Arma-community.

Unfortunately, this is not a first case of non-ethical behaviour of Russian projects. We remember the story of WordZombie.ru and mr. Mukhin, who stole the beautiful Martin's Taviana island and sold it.

Well, we can only give our apologies for Tushino users, who may suffer because of multiple errors, bugs and lost objects than provides Beketov without VTN-mod.

Edited by Dead Kennedy

We decided not to use the map Beketov on our next campaign OFCRA. We want to respect the rights of use and the work you did on the mod VTN. Congratulations for the work done on the mod VTN.

Tushino Serious Games (TSG) community reports:

- usage of Beketov island for private multiplayer gaming (not free for all, resrtricted event mode) was approved by Dead Kennedy himself in TeamSpeak room 15-09-13.

there were three witnesses who can confirm this information.

- after we started preparing to our event and made teaser Dead Kennedy (aka VeteranMOD on YouTube) in some reasons decided to change his mind.

we do not believe that such a limitation distribution of game content appropriate and acceptable.

Beketov island as well as VTN mode is free available user modification is not included in the number of paid add-ons.

- after several abusive comments from user VeteranMOD about TSG community, link to the authors in description was removed.

except link in comments.

- about ethic

some time ago TSG Administration notified Dead Kennedy that using our logo and provision of false information about our community unacceptable.

we are asked to remove or edit the news.

our request was ignored.

unfortunately this situation is now typical for RU users.

as in this case, VTN dev posting on this forum say one thing, but talking in their local forums say the opposite and behave quite differently.

to VTN devs:

If you want to respect you, start to respect others.

Patch release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Dead Kennedy) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Tushino Serious Games (TSG) community reports:

- usage of Beketov island for private multiplayer gaming (not free for all, resrtricted event mode) was approved by Dead Kennedy himself in TeamSpeak room 15-09-13.

That is a lie from the first word to the last. I have clearly explained the terms of use - Beketov is a part of the VeteranMod, and repacking/redistribution of the mod is NOT allowed. As well as any another changes of the pbo's or code for public use. This is the most common rule in the whole communty about user-made addons.

Ask anyone here, in the modmaking section - we all know about this rule, we all try to strictly observe it. And if anyone of us accidentally makes a mistake (put someone's other texture in the addon and forget it, forget to list someone in the credits, or smthn) - it considered good manners to apologize and get a desired permission, or delete the disputable content to the hell out.

That's the way, which any adequate community member behave.

I have nothing to say anymore, we all see how Tushino are trying to polemize instead follow the clear author's conditions and community practice.

we do not believe that such a limitation distribution of game content appropriate

So, Tushino "does not believe" in the author's terms of usage, that's the reason - brilliant! :)

If you want to respect you, start to respect others.

We do not respect content thieves, and will never respect them in the future.

Edited by Dead Kennedy

Thanks, great map, Animations just not working for me, it looks a weird and wrong, at least the running with rifle up.

Thanks, great map, Animations just not working for me, it looks a weird and wrong, at least the running with rifle up.

Installation

VeteranMod Demo works with version 1.62 ArmA 2: Combined Operations

(ArmA 2 + ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead). Mod requires CBA: Community

Base Addons, which you can download and install from this link.

https://dev-heaven.net/attachments/download/19518/CBA_v1.0.0pre10.zip

Important: install all three CBA modules: @CBA, @CBA_A2 and

@CBA_OA.

It is highly not recommended to use the beta-version of ArmA 2 with

VeteranMod!

Installation

VeteranMod Demo works with version 1.62 ArmA 2: Combined Operations

(ArmA 2 + ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead). Mod requires CBA: Community

Base Addons, which you can download and install from this link.

https://dev-heaven.net/attachments/download/19518/CBA_v1.0.0pre10.zip

Important: install all three CBA modules: @CBA, @CBA_A2 and

@CBA_OA.

It is highly not recommended to use the beta-version of ArmA 2 with

VeteranMod!

Thanks, this is a really great mod.. Love the units and island and the whole orientation/direction, will be interesting to see her running in A3 but for now it looks great in A2.

Is there a class list available anywhere?

Edit: The only thing that sticks out to me is the running with weapon up anim, it looks and feels wrong. As if he's trying to put his head down to the weapon to somehow aim or something while running forward with right shoulder to far back... is that the old ofp anim? It somehow triggers flashbacks :)

Edited by Katipo66
Running anim

Is night vision working for this release? How do you use them, 'N' doesn't work for me.

Hmmm... Theres should be no changes with such settings as the "N" button. Double check your user actions just in case.

And if you mean the Russian nigt vision binoculars - they are realy uses as binoculars, with a "B" button. This is a tribute to the realism - there's more NV-binoculars in the Russian army than the NV-Goggles.

New thread in A3 section wasn't created yet so I'll post it here.

PhB7z.jpg

Edit: The only thing that sticks out to me is the running with weapon up anim, it looks and feels wrong.

Try to remove anims PBO.

New thread in A3 section wasn't created yet so I'll post it here.

http://s7.uploads.ru/PhB7z.jpg

Try to remove anims PBO.

I got used to it sort off, and like the rest of the Anims, be nice if it could be tweaked somehow. it's always a toss up between this and Ace, I'm guessing they probably cannot work together.

This map looks awesome

It is Very awesome :)