Sign in to follow this  
NickThissen

Enemy tank shooting at a camouflage net?

Hi,

I am working on my first mission (on Altis) and noticed some strange behavior. I'm trying to create an ambush where a trigger synced to a waypoint triggers an enemy tank to move to my location. My location is an 'ammo dump' which basically means some ammo boxes huddled together. I put a Camouflage net (open) over the boxes to make it a bit easier to spot and look more authentic.

As soon as the tank comes around a hillside bend however it starts firing at the camouflage net like crazy. First of all it's from a very far distance so I don't know how it can even spot it (aren't they supposed to be you know... camouflaged??), secondly I don't understand why it would shoot at the net in the first place... At first I thought it was the ammo boxes, as there seem to be various boxes for each of the factions, but switching those around didn't help. When I removed the camouflage net though, it stopped shooting...

Now I could just remove the net but I don't understand this behavior. I am very new to both the game and the editor so perhaps there's something fundamental I'm missing. Or is this just a bug in the beta?

Thanks...

The camo net is a vehicle (how the game engine sees it). It has no effect on anything you put under it. All AI units and players are able to target vehicles. Usually the AI will never attack a building object, but in some cases the targeting might be off or the AI may not be actually trying to target that camo net. It's calcuations are off so it misses its real target and hits the net instead.

urtanknamehere doTarget urboxname here; 

in a script or waypoint or unit init should work to fix it.

maybe put "this setCaptive true;" in the nets init field? (without the quotes)
It does not work I have made a thread about that but It seems nobody cares...

Interesting, did anyone try grouping it to a unit of the tanks faction with presence set to 0? (if you CAN group it)

I put a Camouflage net (open) over the boxes to make it a bit easier to spot

Sorry, I just thought that was funny.

Yeah noticed this too. If you accidently use camo nets from the wrong side all hell will brake lose.