Hey LordHeart! Awesome to see you are still at it :-)

I love the add-on. Just one thing: Please, please consider making the "cracked" texture blurry (if it is still in there? I didn't get "cracked goggles" so far in 2.3). A plane that close to your eyes should be really out of focus. I would very gladly try my best to create some textures for you, if you like.

Anyway, thanks for your efforts. This is really taking shape nicely!

Hi,

Excellent mod. Thanks a lot.

Would be great if there were negative effects from NOT having goggles. Like dust in your eyes from cars or helos, or potential eye wounds if you fire your weapon without glasses.

Maybe this feature would be slitly out of the scope of this addon, but it would make it more consistent i think.

Hi,

Excellent mod. Thanks a lot.

Would be great if there were negative effects from NOT having goggles. Like dust in your eyes from cars or helos, or potential eye wounds if you fire your weapon without glasses.

Maybe this feature would be slitly out of the scope of this addon, but it would make it more consistent i think.

There is currently very slight disadvantages, I didn't want to go overboard, so I went with a desaturation when prone and firing (it gives dust effect if wearing glasses). Also rotor wash will desaturate colours if you are wearing glasses or none, however; low profile goggles/combat goggles/pilot and crew helmets will protect your eyes against rotor wash.

Hi LordHeart,

I understand you no longer work on this, but I wanted to let you know that I fixed the one annoying thing (for my private use) with this mod,

wich is the dust effect being applied when flying a chopper over land (happens for passangers, I can't remember if it's the case for pilots though).

Just in case you - or anyone - would wanna know, here is the quickfix I used : you just need to add a check at the beginning of the dust function (LHM_Glasses_fnc_ApplyDust) and make sure the player is on foot :

[color="#FF8040"][color="#191970"][b]if[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color][color="#191970"][b]call[/b][/color] LHM_Glasses_fnc_ExternalCamera [color="#8B3E2F"][b]|[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]|[/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]vehicle[/b][/color] [color="#000000"]player[/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]![/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]=[/b][/color] [color="#000000"]player[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]exitWith[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]{[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]}[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color][/color]

Made with KK's SQF to BBCode Converter

I didn't exclude non-air vehicles, for the sake of simplicity - this also makes sure that rotor wash doesn't affect players inside cars and such (I suppose an exception should be made for the quadbikes).

I did the same for the dirt effect, just in case ;).

It shouldn't interfere with the rest of the mod - thanks again for this beauty!

I'm currently using it with Cunico's gasmasks addon (made myself a custom config) for wich I'm writing a neat breathing script - I'm having a blast!:D

EDIT : I just realized your mod is included (and fixed) in AGM... Silly me.

Edited by Pepe Hal

Sorry for reviving this, but does anyone know how to edit the cleaning glasses hotkeys? I went back to this standalone version because AGM is discontinued and I am currently waiting for ACE3.

It's supposed to be in the Configure Addon controls, but it doesn't show up anymore for me.

Does this mod effectively cut down sun glare for early and late parts of the day? 7am sun if brutal to look into...

Having an issue with rotar wash.

Instead of helo kicking up dust onto glasses while beside it,it applies dust effect to glasses once in the chopper.Cleaning also just reanables the effect if you try from inside helo.

Hi LordHeart,

I understand you no longer work on this, but I wanted to let you know that I fixed the one annoying thing (for my private use) with this mod,

wich is the dust effect being applied when flying a chopper over land (happens for passangers, I can't remember if it's the case for pilots though).

Just in case you - or anyone - would wanna know, here is the quickfix I used : you just need to add a check at the beginning of the dust function (LHM_Glasses_fnc_ApplyDust) and make sure the player is on foot :

[color="#FF8040"][COLOR="#191970"][B]if[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR="#8B3E2F"][B]([/B][/COLOR][COLOR="#191970"][B]call[/B][/COLOR] LHM_Glasses_fnc_ExternalCamera [COLOR="#8B3E2F"][B]|[/B][/COLOR][COLOR="#8B3E2F"][B]|[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR="#191970"][B]vehicle[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR="#000000"]player[/COLOR] [COLOR="#8B3E2F"][B]![/B][/COLOR][COLOR="#8B3E2F"][B]=[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR="#000000"]player[/COLOR][COLOR="#8B3E2F"][B])[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR="#191970"][B]exitWith[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR="#8B3E2F"][B]{[/B][/COLOR][COLOR="#8B3E2F"][B]}[/B][/COLOR][COLOR="#8B3E2F"][B];[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]

I didn't exclude non-air vehicles, for the sake of simplicity - this also makes sure that rotor wash doesn't affect players inside cars and such (I suppose an exception should be made for the quadbikes).

I'm currently using it with Cunico's gasmasks addon (made myself a custom config) for wich I'm writing a neat breathing script - I'm having a blast! :D

read this post from Haleks Red!

Haven't tried his code but Im sure it will work..

You can also try agm glasses as well and just keep the core and agm glasses pbos

I just tried agm and the effect is gone inside the vehicles and is a little more understated ...

Love this mod!

read this post from Haleks Red!

Haven't tried his code but Im sure it will work..

You can also try agm glasses as well and just keep the core and agm glasses pbos

I just tried agm and the effect is gone inside the vehicles and is a little more understated ...

Love this mod!

Sweet!

Thanks Cosmic i will give that a shot.

Sry lordheart, i know the "common answer" here -(When it's done)-, but i want to know if u r a planing on release that "fix" from Haleks in your mod?

• Like 1

Unable to change via Configure Addon in controls, LHM not showing in CBA list???

Anyone know how to change the wipe key from shift/T to whatever you want???/

On 1/22/2015 at 11:14 PM, haleks said:

Hi LordHeart,

[color="#FF8040"][color="#191970"][b]if[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color][color="#191970"][b]call[/b][/color] LHM_Glasses_fnc_ExternalCamera [color="#8B3E2F"][b]|[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]|[/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]vehicle[/b][/color] [color="#000000"]player[/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]![/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]=[/b][/color] [color="#000000"]player[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]exitWith[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]{[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]}[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color][/color]

I'm currently using it with Cunico's gasmasks addon (made myself a custom config) for wich I'm writing a neat breathing script - I'm having a blast!:D

sorry for necroing an old thread however i never got around to looking at this fix years ago. Im unsure where or how i call this syntax in order to fix the issue you described. Do i need to edit the PBO or can i edit something in the init of mission,and if so how exactly ?

9 hours ago, redarmy said:

sorry for necroing an old thread however i never got around to looking at this fix years ago. Im unsure where or how i call this syntax in order to fix the issue you described. Do i need to edit the PBO or can i edit something in the init of mission,and if so how exactly ?

I'm not on my "arma" PC right now, but yeah, this would require to unpack, edit & repack a PBO file.

I reckon installing AGM Goggles is a much simpler solution : https://github.com/KoffeinFlummi/AGM/wiki#agm_goggles  😉 

15 hours ago, haleks said:

I'm not on my "arma" PC right now, but yeah, this would require to unpack, edit & repack a PBO file.

I reckon installing AGM Goggles is a much simpler solution : https://github.com/KoffeinFlummi/AGM/wiki#agm_goggles  😉 

Thanks Haleks, i was aware of AGM but also the fact goggles PBO would require the "core PBO" and that may run things that cause issues as its very outdated.

Regardless,while messing with LHM glasses i found an odd issue...i opened a scenario with the mod installed, but NEVER SAVED IT(autosave off). Restarted game without the mod and suddenly LHM was a dependency. Shouldnt happen unless something changed in Arma3 recently.

SO il probably take a look at the pbo unpacked just for learning but not use. 

Cheers anyway