Gear menu still works just no ctrl + left click on glasses to clean however, ctrl + t will serve that function.

Can anyone else that was having issues let me know if the last linked version fixed those issues, thanks.

Thanks, it's certainly adds immersion, specially when it's raining and you wipe your glasses. (magical super wiping gloves though).

Hi there,

I'm using this mod for weeks now and I really like it! Keep up the good work :)

Do you have plans to add overlays for pilot helmets as well?

Do you with regards to simple tinting and maybe a simple overlay like the combat goggles? Or are you talking about something more complex?

I thought about a simple overlay maybe with a simple glass effect and a few scratches.

However if you could also include a virtual HUD for pilots it would be a master piece :)

I will certainly look into simple glass effects for pilot helmets.

I think we can both agree that a virtual HUD for pilots might be a tiny bit out of scope for a "simple" glasses mod like mine. However, a seed may have been planted but no promises other than I might look into it if I find some free time.

Hey Lordheart, the fix worked out, no errors (can load saved missions without a hassle) and no freeze, you can make this last one official =)

+1 to virtual HUD (or HMD) idea, since it is not too much complicated ;D

Cheers!

Thanks a lot for informing us about the updated version :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Have you tought about this ;The Dive Goggles are fine,but the relal ones isn`t see-throug! I wish it is as close to the real thing as posible ! Can you fix it for us,please? I would very much like to see full face-masks too.:cool:

I just came to think of something: What about adding some cool gadgets,like the HeadGear+microfone or the Hearing Protection from the Range Master? And seeing the way the Diving Goggles was put on as he entered the water,why not a Watchman`s Cap for SAS soldiers that get spawn the second you show up and the replaced by the Dive mask when needed?

Soo cool!

Edited by Teddybear1

The goggles and other images used in this mod are currently being looked at to be replaced by much improved ones.

Could you add support for googles from AV_IndUs mod? It add few nice googles and it would be nice to have all this effects. :)

@Przemro, are you sure it adds goggles? I looked at the armaholic page for it and it had no mention of new glasses/goggles.

@Przemro, are you sure it adds goggles? I looked at the armaholic page for it and it had no mention of new glasses/goggles.

It adds ESS Goggles

Update: version 2.1.0

Download Link

Changelog:

2.1.0:

• Improved combat goggles overlay
  • Improved cracked overlay (combat goggles and glasses)
  • Slight code improvements
  • Adjusted effects of firing prone without glasses
  • New dust texture

Thanks to:

- The.D for the Combat Goggles overlay (non-cracked) and dust overlay.

Images

I have also begun working on effects from helicopters and the like but they aren't ready for release yet but this version needed to get out due to the obviously bad overlay textures from before. The diving goggles will also be getting some love in the future.

---------- Post added at 01:15 ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 ----------

It adds ESS Goggles

Then I will look into it further.

Thanks.

I was in driver in one of the HMG motorboats and the overlay kept popping up and disappearing as my ASL was changing with the waves. I don't know if anyone has mentioned this to you, nor do I think it's a game breaker, but it might not be too hard to run a query to see if the person is in a vehicle or not. Some people may wish for the overlay to pop up such as this, so maybe disable IF isDriver or something?

Great mod though.

I'm enjoying the mod for sure but there are a few things that make me want to disable them here and there.

1. Switching from 3rd to 1st person the lens lags, needs to be in sync so it doesn't become so much of a distraction.

2. The dirt and dust is awesome but it needs to happen much more often and quicker like the rain. IE: any time getting out of a chopper, or anytime you're in a gun fight and bullets are hitting near you, enough to make a cloud of dust. You can crouch and fire 4 clips into the ground in front of you and you get no effect. When prone it should happen much quicker as well. I don't mind wiping them at all, but for the immersion to happen, it can't just be here and there.

3. During the rain, it should build up over a certain amount of time to where you can't see very well at all. Same with dust. Also don't let the particles vanish on their own, you should HAVE to wipe them to get rid of them.

Other than those few things, I really like the feel of them. Maybe adding a bit of fog later on for when sprinting would be awesome as well and including dust in the eyes for when you don't have goggles on, giving you a reason to wear them or not wear them in certain situations.

Edited by jakeryan760

1) The reason the lens lags is due to only checking for third person (among other things) every second instead of quicker to avoid performance issues (or possibility of them).

2) I'd love to have the dirt and dust work a lot better but I am restricted by various factors. I have begun working on helicopters and rotor wash, etc. but it's still a little way off. Currently dust appears when firing prone and it's the only time dust will appear for the moment.

3) I have some ideas of where I want to go with the rain to make it a bit more interesting.

There is room for improvement in lots of aspects. There is currently a slightly negative effect in terms of mild desaturation when not wearing glasses/goggles and firing prone. I have been playing around searching for a better way of representing that it's not a good idea to be firing in dirt without eye protection but I have not stumbled across it yet.

Thanks for the feedback.

@Raptor 6,

I have fixed that but just waiting for some more fixes, etc. before releasing.

TThanks Lordheart for taking our feedback constructively and not being offended like some mod makers. Your work is very good still and can't wait to see it when you have it where you want it.

How can I add this to custom units via initline? Need specific classname. If I put a group of BWmod infantry some guys wear these glasses, others don't....

These are simply effects applied to the default Arma 3 glasses (all set up in the config side of things), so currently only Arma 3 glasses are supported (unless glasses mods extend from Arma 3 glasses then they will inherit the correct setup).

TL;DR There are no new glasses (so no new classnames) but only applies to glasses that have been setup to use the system.

so these for example should be supported? this addGoggles "G_Combat" ?

EDIT: That did the trick. Thanks! ;)

Edited by Cyclone83