I've been using this since Update 1 and love it, but my only complaint is how slow the glasses get raindrops on them. Would there be a way to externalise a modifier into the .hpp file so we can specify a multiplier for the rate of accumulation? (To answer the "but then you'd have to wipe them more often", in reality, if your goggles are getting covered in water, the normal solution is to take them off instead of continuously wiping them off -- your eyes are more than sufficient at clearing water on their own. This also, of course, has a tactical side effect of reduced eye protection...)

I could make use of an external multiplier, my primary concern is multiplayer though, so then it comes down to whether the server needs to determine the raindrop rate in order to ensure that all clients have a level playing field. (a client could for example set his raindrop rate to 4 hours and then not have the rain effect at all and not have to worry about cleaning his goggles).

I'm already considering ways of doing this that will work for multiplayer and singleplayer so hopefully I will have an update that addresses this soon.

I'd also like to thank foxhound for hosting the mod.

Started working on this again recently, started making various changes to optimise away things and to just generally improve it. It is mostly detailed in this video.

One of my favorite mod for ArmA 3 right now, glad you keep working on it.

I was thinking, could you add a little idle animation to the " clean glasses " function ? There's a decent one already in the game, where the soldier sweep his forehead, like to remove sweat. It would fit quite nice.

I have considered it, I have just never gotten around to actually attempting to get it working. But it is certainly something I will look into for this coming version.

Interesting mod and looking forward to further development.

But that last vid was terrible! Swivelling head back n forth the whole time! Please consider in next vid :)

Yeah, I realise that I was perhaps looking around a bit too much. I'll definitely try to avoid that in any future videos.

I know it has been a while since I last updated, but I have returned with an updated ZAM_Glasses which has been renamed to LHM_Glasses.

Download Link

Notes:

- ctrl + left click on the Glasses/Goggles slot in gear dialog to access menu.

- Move the userconfig folder to the root of your Arma 3 install

- ctrl + T anywhere to wipe glasses (Added due to lack of gear dialog in vehicles) changeable in userconfig/LHM/LHM_Glasses.hpp

- Remove ZAM_Glasses if you have it installed, it is no longer maintained or supported.

Known Issues:

- UI gets partially hidden by full face masks

- Glasses won't be updated when set via VAS (When using add item, works when loading loadout)

- No animation when prone

Changelog

2.0:

- Removed ZAM Interaction

- Renamed to LHM Glasses

- Moved over to a mostly event driven system

- Moved over to a custom menu in the gear menu for cleaning glasses (ctrl + left-click to bring up menu)

- ctrl + T anywhere to wipe glasses (see notes above)

- \LHM\Glasses prefix

- Very basic animation for cleaning glasses.

- Dust appearing on glasses when firing from prone.

2.0.1:

- Changed dust image

- Added effects for not wearing glasses and firing prong (dust)

- Added effects for have cracked glasses/not wearing glasses near explosion

- Slight change to glasses PP effect

- Removed dust effect at night (due to oddity with regards to colour of dust on screen and darkest else where)

Images

I know it has been a while since I last updated, but I have returned with an updated ZAM_Glasses which has been renamed to LHM_Glasses.

Download Link

Notes:

- ctrl + left click on the Glasses/Goggles slot in gear dialog to access menu.

- Move the userconfig folder to the root of your Arma 3 install

- ctrl + T anywhere to wipe glasses (Added due to lack of gear dialog in vehicles) changeable in userconfig/LHM/LHM_Glasses.hpp

- Remove ZAM_Glasses if you have it installed, it is no longer maintained or supported.

Known Issues:

- UI gets partially hidden by full face masks

- Glasses won't be updated when set via VAS (When using add item, works when loading loadout)

- No animation when prone

Changelog

2.0:

- Removed ZAM Interaction

- Renamed to LHM Glasses

- Moved over to a mostly event driven system

- Moved over to a custom menu in the gear menu for cleaning glasses (ctrl + left-click to bring up menu)

- ctrl + T anywhere to wipe glasses (see notes above)

- \LHM\Glasses prefix

- Very basic animation for cleaning glasses.

- Dust appearing on glasses when firing from prone.

2.0.1:

- Changed dust image

- Added effects for not wearing glasses and firing prong (dust)

- Added effects for have cracked glasses/not wearing glasses near explosion

- Slight change to glasses PP effect

- Removed dust effect at night (due to oddity with regards to colour of dust on screen and darkest else where)

Images

Hey, I love the mod and used it since the basic Zam in the beginning, but with the newest update ^ my arma hangs on the logo and wont work :(

Are you running any other mods other than the required CBA? I have tested with and without extra mods and it's worked. If you could attempt it again and if it hangs send me the RPT file? You can find it at C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\AppData\Local\Arma 3

---------- Post added at 10:27 ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 ----------

Version 2.0.2 released, fixes Diving goggles not working correctly.

Download link

Changelog

2.0.2:

- Fixed diving goggles not working correctly (due to new diving goggle classnames)

- New function, LHM_fnc_isDivingGoggles. Example: if ((goggles player) call LHM_fnc_isDivingGoggles) exitWith {hint "Diving Goggles"};

I also get the mod freezing at the A3 logo, but I'm using a good swag of addons.

This also appears in 2.0.2:

Error in expression <textures\rain\%1.paa", _this select 1];
};>
 Error position: <};>
 Error Missing {
File LHM\Glasses\functions\fn_ApplyRainEffect.sqf, line 32
Error in expression <textures\rain\%1.paa", _this select 1];
};>
 Error position: <};>
 Error Missing {
File LHM\Glasses\functions\fn_ApplyRainEffect.sqf, line 32

Edited by CameronMcDonald

Is it only when my mod is enabled that you get freezes?

Fixed that error, simply redownload.

OK, I'm still getting a hang with nothing but CBA beta 4 and your mod running. Might be a problem with that version of CBA or dev build.

I am running the same just not the dev branch, I haven't noticed any changes in the dev branch that could cause issues though.

However, if you could try the following: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43996324/Arma/TEST.zip which removes the gear menu interaction it would at the least help remove that as a possibility.

Thanks

Thanks for the addon, it's really nice to have glasses/goggles features.

However, I get a text error (if it is an error), when switching to 1st person view:

k1rw.jpg

Aviator Glasses are on, no other mods except CBA working.

Any thoughts of how to get rid of the text? It's really annoying.

No luck, I'm afraid - same result. The menu loads for about half a second, then jumps straight back to the ArmA III black loading screen. I've had a look through the .rpt but haven't had any luck in there (i.e. nothing immediately incriminating leaps out).

I'm sad to say no joy; nothing in the rpt file jumps out, and I've been running it with my modpack (where your older versions have hidden before)

Are you both running the dev branch? Or is this affecting stable branch as well?

Are you both running the dev branch? Or is this affecting stable branch as well?

Stable branch.

Well that throws a hammer in the works. If you could try this PBO, although it won't make much difference since my mod only really comes into effect when loading a mission, which it seems that you can't even get to. However, this PBO adds diag_log logging so you should be able to see when it has initialised and so on. If at all possible, could you perhaps verify Game Cache in Steam to remove that as a possible issue as well.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43996324/Arma/lhm_glasses_main.pbo

Well that throws a hammer in the works. If you could try this PBO, although it won't make much difference since my mod only really comes into effect when loading a mission, which it seems that you can't even get to. However, this PBO adds diag_log logging so you should be able to see when it has initialised and so on. If at all possible, could you perhaps verify Game Cache in Steam to remove that as a possible issue as well.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43996324/Arma/lhm_glasses_main.pbo

I will test this as soon as I get home, but I have verified my game cache as step 1 when it wouldn't start before testing if it was your mod. I hope we work this out, because I have enjoyed this mod since its development began.

Game still goes to menu, then back to the logo and freezes

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43996324/Arma/%40LHM.zip

This version removes the gear menu cleaning interaction to fully remove that as a possibility. One other thing to test is to copy the userconfig over again. (this seemed to fix a similar issue with clan mates, except they could get into game but couldn't get back to menu it would freeze then).

The other option might be that the signed files are causing issues, so if you could remove all keys and bisign files and try like that maybe?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43996324/Arma/%40LHM.zip

This version removes the gear menu cleaning interaction to fully remove that as a possibility. One other thing to test is to copy the userconfig over again. (this seemed to fix a similar issue with clan mates, except they could get into game but couldn't get back to menu it would freeze then).

The other option might be that the signed files are causing issues, so if you could remove all keys and bisign files and try like that maybe?

It breaks my heart to say this fixed it D:.. no more gear menu?