Sign in to follow this  
STS_SolidSnake

Hummer with opening doos

ok i got it smile.gif

Now if someone would export the Su25 or the cessna in MLOD (hint hint hint) wink.gif

tracked vehicles cant have proxy of a missle but they can have a memory point for rockets and then you can define in the config the type of rocket

wheeled vehicles cant have rockets missles its has been blocked in the ofp engine

the name's 200 , FW200

Too bad i was thinking of a thousand things to build from them smile.gif

The same old models from the demo are beginning to get boring

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FW200 @ Aug. 18 2002,19:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the name's 200 , FW200

Too bad i was thinking of a thousand things to build from them  smile.gif

The same old models from the demo are beginning to get boring<span id='postcolor'>

you can still edit, it just requires more effort than editing demo models, and i said it doesnt go to mlod p3d because thats not what the odol gets turned into...

I think i'm getting it all now biggrin.gif

lol so the thing now is that this would be a upgrade for Oxygen or something?

Well i love it all biggrin.gif

Marcel

yeah but you must map all the textures over again tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Aug. 18 2002,21:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yeah but you must map all the textures over again  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

oo this is cool smile.gif. A pain in the ass but whatever biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Aug. 18 2002,19:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">tracked vehicles cant have proxy of a missle but they can have a memory point for rockets and then you can define in the config the type of rocket

wheeled vehicles cant have rockets missles its has been blocked in the ofp engine<span id='postcolor'>

Does this mean that only tracked vehicles can have missiles or that only vehicles under armoured can have vehicles?? If the last isnt it just making a wheeled vehicle and put it under armoured??

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dkraver @ Aug. 18 2002,22:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Aug. 18 2002,19:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">tracked vehicles cant have proxy of a missle but they can have a memory point for rockets and then you can define in the config the type of rocket

wheeled vehicles cant have rockets missles its has been blocked in the ofp engine<span id='postcolor'>

Does this mean that only tracked vehicles can have missiles or that only vehicles under armoured can have vehicles?? If the last isnt it just making a wheeled vehicle and put it under armoured??<span id='postcolor'>

Cuz if we use the tank or APC class the jeep, wheeled vehicle woudnt be able to have wheels that turn and will have otehr thigns trhtao nyl tanks have smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (quakergamer @ Aug. 18 2002,22:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif6--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dkraver @ Aug. 18 2002,22wow.gif6)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Aug. 18 2002,19:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">tracked vehicles cant have proxy of a missle but they can have a memory point for rockets and then you can define in the config the type of rocket

Does this mean that only tracked vehicles can have missiles or that only vehicles under armoured can have vehicles?? If the last isnt it just making a wheeled vehicle and put it under armoured??<span id='postcolor'>

Cuz if we use the tank or APC class the jeep, wheeled vehicle woudnt be able  to have wheels that turn and will have otehr thigns trhtao nyl tanks have smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well the BRDM is under the armoured class and it has wheels

That's because it was defined as a car class with extra armor on it and then placed in the 'Armored' category

Why would Bis block Rockets on Tracked vehicles?

It seems to me the more people Mod the more limitations they discover

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rhubarbman @ Aug. 19 2002,10:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why would Bis block Rockets on Tracked vehicles?

It seems to me the more people Mod the more limitations they discover<span id='postcolor'>

Its not that they are "blocked" intentionally, the engine just has something in it so that it wont work.

OFP engine isnt exactly that versatile, it does pretty much what CWC and Resistance needs it to do and thats it. But thats quite alot of freedom to do many things already.

Indeed it is alot of freedom, but i would have invisiged people wanting Realistic modding of Opflash, although it goes to a certain extent i feel that it does not go far enough, eg 1 gun able to fire, no more than 1 type of rocket on a Flying unit (excludes FFAR) firing from vehicles,

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Aug. 18 2002,18:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i mean that fliper wont release it because we modmakers are not allowed to show anything of oxygen or release anything etc

but the public release wont be long from now<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm, I think I heard those same words about 5 months ago... confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Aug. 19 2002,09<!--emo&wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rhubarbman @ Aug. 19 2002,10<!--emo&wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why would Bis block Rockets on Tracked vehicles?

It seems to me the more people Mod the more limitations they discover<span id='postcolor'>

Its not that they are "blocked" intentionally, the engine just has something in it so that it wont work.

OFP engine isnt exactly that versatile, it does pretty much what CWC and Resistance needs it to do and thats it. But thats quite alot of freedom to do many things already.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, would it be possible to work at the problem from the other way around...instead of fooling the OFP engine into thinking the wheeled vehicle is tracked, is it possible to fool it into believing the rocket is a gun? Maybe define the launcher as an MG and then modify the bullets to mimic a missile...

for that you need to add simulation=shotmissile; or something, which blocks it from going on cars :/, which may also mean russian apcs with wheels cant carry missiles. so a brdm 2 with missiles is out of the question

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Aug. 19 2002,10:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, would it be possible to work at the problem from the other way around...instead of fooling the OFP engine into thinking the wheeled vehicle is tracked, is it possible to fool it into believing the rocket is a gun? Maybe define the launcher as an MG and then modify the bullets to mimic a missile...<span id='postcolor'>

that is a very good question. I have actually thought about that for a long time. However, you cannot "fool" the OFP engine into doing things. Even if you do that, it will give you a big ass error and CDT.

Just out of curiosity, does this apply to boats too?

-------------------------

As for the above topic, well, if we are talking about a prog that let's you edit ingame models, it opens up a lot of new possibilities: scopes, silencers and bipods on weapons, sidecar on motorcyle... smile.gif

actually its only useful if you have o2 and can apply textures well and know the coding....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dkraver @ Aug. 18 2002,22:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Aug. 18 2002,19:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">tracked vehicles cant have proxy of a missle but they can have a memory point for rockets and then you can define in the config the type of rocket

Hey, i just thought: how does the Scud launch a rocket ingame then? Admittedly it just shoots it up in the air, but it still fires...

yes but that missle is not on a rotating turret thats why the proxy works

Evis&Vixer:

Its not what you 2 guys think! The understandindg of the format is well advanced now meaning no extra texturing is needed... thats all for now wink.gif

FlipeR