Sign in to follow this  
STS_SolidSnake

Hummer with opening doos

First of all, what does openable doors (and especially an openable hood) do for the game? And secondly, how realistic is a HMMWV with a mounted TOW missile launcher?

hm i who is gone use the doors in the game if he just can get in without the doors...before the doors are open you are shot already wink.gif

bis should really make some of the action menu stuff hotkey-able, eject for example, by the time i hit the scroll and go to the bottom of the menu im dead or i dont have enough time to order the ai out...

I'm curious what point, other then visceral, opening doors on a vehicle would have? If you could leave them open to maybe crouch behind for shootouts I could somewhat understand, but if you just yank them open and close them behind you as you get in I don't see the point.

The hood (bonnet) opening really throws me off too...

Is it worth the additional polygons, texturing, what have you, for it?

So sad to hear ya leaving the community FlipeR. Any reason why?

Anyway, if it aint a fake, I suppose its just a PR-thing for OFP internals for showing of the possibilities with P3Edit?

I mean, they are just trying to show that it is now possible to edit animations in P3Edit...

... Just a guess anyway smile.gif Cant really see what the point should be else.

i don't think you are able to edit the animations with p3dedit

but the screens show that it is possible to modify mlod format p3d models with p3dedit

my guess is that the open hummer is only a static object

wow.gifwow.gif Look how late i am! *runs around screaming*

oh well....FlipeR and evis have cleared it wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Aug. 18 2002,09:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i don't think you are able to edit the animations with p3dedit

but the screens show that it is possible to modify mlod format p3d models with p3dedit

my guess is that the open hummer is only a static object<span id='postcolor'>

not true, these things are vehicles, not static objects. Just look at the OH58 - its flying. smile.gif And the hummer - it is possible to use the "Open Door" command on vehicles too.

But one problem lies at hand - There would be multiple "Open Door" commands on the vehicle (the bonet, left door, right door, ect.) So you will get confused.

But anyway, it would add a shot of realism to the game. I mean you dont normally jump through the armour of the vehicle like a ghost do you?

Anyway, it looks like P3D Edit is finally coming to completion, good work FlipeR and OFPI.

Making openable doors doesnt need much in the p3d, its more of an config.cpp issue and is rather easy to do.

But if there is an ODOL -> MLOD model converter being done then its great smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ Aug. 18 2002,11:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Aug. 18 2002,09:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i don't think you are able to edit the animations with p3dedit

my guess is that the open hummer is only a static object<span id='postcolor'>

not true, these things are vehicles, not static objects. Just look at the OH58 - its flying. smile.gif And the hummer  - it is possible to use the "Open Door" command on vehicles too.

But one problem lies at hand - There would be multiple "Open Door" commands on the vehicle (the bonet, left door, right door, ect.) So you will get confused.

But anyway, it would add a shot of realism to the game. I mean you dont normally jump through the armour of the vehicle like a ghost do you?

Anyway, it looks like P3D Edit is finally coming to completion, good work FlipeR and OFPI.<span id='postcolor'>

was talking about the hummer only , what would be the point of having five commands only to get in or to open something on a vehicle confused.gif?

Oh please, stop with this DOOR thing! Whats the point of opening doors of the hummer or any other wehicle when you still cant enter it by convential mean - walking in!?! (1st of all because of Geometry LOD)

Again, Kege prooved that he's a smart guy...read his post...he got the point of all this mess;)

P.S.: In case you didnt noticed- that chopper is the OH58D Kiowa Warrior, based on BiS OH58 but with improoved model, textures and - the mose important - Hellfire missiles in combination with FFAR pod!

P.S.2: P3DEdit wasnt used for editing this model! But again, I'm not negating any relation to OFPInternals! I used O2L for those models! Everything will be explained in the coming week...

FlipeR

02L > oxygen light?

Public release?

Is that right?

confused.giftounge.gifbiggrin.gifconfused.giftounge.gifbiggrin.gif

no he wont release oxygen its against the law if he would do that tounge.gif

*Puts on Sherlock Holmes hat*

It's a mystery!

What FlipeR seems to be suggesting is that in the coming week there will be some sort of tool we can use which will finally allow us to edit the elusive .p3d file.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Again, Kege prooved that he's a smart guy...read his post...he got the point of all this mess;) <span id='postcolor'>

Maybe the "he got a point to this mess" could just be about the "opening doors" which seem to turn you people on so much but maybe a reference to the "other" thing that Keg said. Hmmmm, an O-LOD to M-LOD converter? Interesting. Very interesting. Speculation on some sort of extension of the orgional P3d-Edit program which FlipeR worked on - what happened to that a-lone-wolf bloke? Hmmmmmm. Maybe a joint venture with the OFPInternals team who seem to have a better understanding of the P3D format than anybody else. This would seem to suggest a good reason for FlipeR leaving I - if we get a means to get models ingame then it'll be flooded with all sorts of crap wihin a couple of monthes. Not good me thinks - it'll over-shadow the excellent work of realistic mod-makers like him, Kegetys and the TJP team. Hmmmmmm.

*Puffs on pipe, thinking hard*

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">02L > oxygen light? <span id='postcolor'>

Rumours aside, I'd imagine the O2L is indeed the Oxygen program which was released to mod-teams some months ago. I find it unlikely though that FlipeR's cryptic posts are hinting at BIS making O2 public - it is much more likely to be a 3rd party community project. However nothing can be discounted as there are rumours flying about that BIS were preparing some sort of press release about O2 before the floods hit the Czech Republic. Hmmmmmmm.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">no he wont release oxygen its against the law if he would do that<span id='postcolor'>

Brilliant! Your reasoning is almost as good as the gramatical accuracy of that sentence! He's not talking about FlipeR releasing O2 but rather BIS.

Elementery Watson! Watch this space..........

ohh great magician Fliper ...please give us that tools ...ohhhmmmmmmmmmmm biggrin.giftounge.gif

ah i know what hes using smile.gif although ill keep it a secret and let fliper clue you in on the awesome thing smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Aug. 18 2002,17:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ah i know what hes using smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

wink.gif

MrCrispPacket do you have any comments on my english? mad.gif

and i was telling FW200 that he cant release it because he was thinking that

and i think the tool wont be so usefull for people without oxygen tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Aug. 18 2002,18:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and i think the tool wont be so usefull for people without oxygen  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Exactly!

So MrCrispPacket, you dont have to worry about the quality of future addons! This *thing* can only improove them...

FlipeR

Hmm... what it would be useful for is:

Kiowa mods (civvie version, different loadouts...)

UAZ with machine gun

Hummer with machine gun (TOW wouldnt work)

BRDM with machine gun (I think theres one)

Ural Open? tounge.gif

Anything else? smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Aug. 18 2002,09:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">no he wont release oxygen its against the law if he would do that tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

If I remember correctly you told me to wait for the Public release of Oxygen Vixer. What's going on here? Maybe I could have made some models by now.

i mean that fliper wont release it because we modmakers are not allowed to show anything of oxygen or release anything etc

but the public release wont be long from now

Hmm how about a apache and hind with differant weapon loadouts... stinger and aa-8 aphid missiles come to mind...

oh and why wouldnt a TOW work on a hummer mod?? The BMP-1/2 and the bradley both have missile launchers and they are ground vehicles, or is there some distinction between wheeled and tracked vehicles?