Sign in to follow this  
msy

Why loading steam subscribed scenario one by one everytime?

I have downloaded 30+ SP missions from STEAM WORKSHOP. Everytime I open SCENARIO or return to SCENARIO from a mission it has to load the missions one by one to the list. It takes nearly 2 min to finish loading. Why? If it has something to do with STEAM itself?

But you can publish directly from the editor! Years from now servers might conceivably be able to use SWS to download missions from! You can provide feedback right from within the client! New versions of missions are slowly and automatically downloaded so that you can't revert back to avoid game breaking bugs or horrible non-skipable intro music from the latest published version!

There are no drawbacks to SWS, it's the best thing ever. Spend those two minutes reveling in the wonder that is Steam Workshop. :)

But you can publish directly from the editor! Years from now servers might conceivably be able to use SWS to download missions from! You can provide feedback right from within the client! New versions of missions are slowly and automatically downloaded so that you can't revert back to avoid game breaking bugs or horrible non-skipable intro music from the latest published version!

There are no drawbacks to SWS, it's the best thing ever. Spend those two minutes reveling in the wonder that is Steam Workshop. :)

OK I had to read it twice before the sarcasm became visible :D

I have downloaded these missions and they are in my hard disk driver, why everytime I open the scenario these missions won't display together and quickly? Didn't they are read from my local documents but from STEAM?

Nice%20%one%20%Kylania :)

I'm assuming it does some kind of check for each mission to make sure it's the most recent version?

Also, in steam offline mode you are nor able to play singleplayer missions.

you mean downloadable sp from sws?

I subscribed to a few then went and copied the downloaded mission files into my normal Missions folder in the ARMA3 directory, then unsubscribed.

I subscribed to a few then went and copied the downloaded mission files into my normal Missions folder in the ARMA3 directory, then unsubscribed.

To me the best feature is the auto updating of missions, the wait to check them is a little annoying but I can live with it for the ease of updates.

Could an "Update\Refresh" type of button be added? Unless it is pushed, your missions stay there, unchanged. Simple, easy, people are happy.

(I don't think is THAT simple because SWS works in that way)

Hi.

Yet another thing to dislike about steam. lol

I'm surprized the regular steam lovers/defenders havent been in here to tell everyone how Super-Awesome that pointless waiting time is.

Have fun.