xendance

How to remove mod dependency from mission?

Hi, I'm working on a mission and I tested the JSRS sound mod on it. My problem is that while the mod was active, I saved the mission. So after I removed the sound mod, I can't open the mission anymore since the editor says it's dependent on stuff that has been removed.

So: How I can remove the dependency?

I'm making mission with JSRS enabled and I don't get this kind of problem, I've even published a mission on the workshop without trouble.

The error pop up when you try the mission on the editor or after that you saved it in the User Mission and played it with JSRS active?

Open the mission.sqm and remove the reference to JSRS from addOns and/or addOnsAuto.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is there any fix for a binarized .sqm ? This dependency thing is ruining my mission file 😕

@gc8, use CfgConvert from A3 Tools to unbinarize mission file.

• Like 1

you are using an older version of JSRS.

There is a dependency fix file on the JSRS page on armaholic.

Download it and you should be good

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, redarmy said:

you are using an older version of JSRS.

There is a dependency fix file on the JSRS page on armaholic.

Download it and you should be good

i guess at the time op posted he had the actual version...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, sarogahtyp said:

i guess at the time op posted he had the actual version...

hahahahha good catch man ,i just saw the date...sweet jesus i wasn't even playing ArmA3 then 

@Schatten ok thanks. I was just thinking that since this issue is so old why haven't BIS made some kind of fix? Like some dialog in the editor to remove dependencies when you know what your mission does not use. There's already the dialog listing required addons, why not add delete button there? 🙂

12 minutes ago, gc8 said:

why not add delete button there?

Would be an idea, theres alot of other things that can be done too but its pretty simple imo

just dont edit a mission with assets you dont plan on adding in the mission, even if you dont add any assets from a mod, majority of mods

somehow will make the mission dependent on them once you save the mission, so check and recheck and only run those mods that the

mission requires, like units, weapons, vehicles.

For editing missions and missions that require mods, setup mod groups and have only mods in a group for the mission that requires them.

5 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

even if you dont add any assets from a mod, majority of mods

somehow will make the mission dependent on them once you save the mission

yeah that's the main problem here maybe they should fix that too. i think it's pretty weird that the mod becomes required just by being loaded.

I've had this problem before and as far as I recall I sometimes solved it by simply bringing up a blank mission for the same map then doing a merge. That might be worth a try first before starting to hack the mission file itself.

• Like 1