Sign in to follow this  
Elena

Config Editing - Underwater shooting ability vs. Pistols

Hello everyone.

My aim is to create a Pistol which is able to shoot underwater. The Idea behind it is, to give divers the ability to carry any Rifle they want with them, in order to use it on the ground, once they exited water. The SDAR is a nice Weapon provided by BIS, given that you are a dedicated diver and will stay submerged all the time. But it is highly unpractical to use, if you intend to land on the shore and perform Missions out there. So, the alternative is of course to bring a normal Rifle with you, which can be used once you left the water - but this renders you helpless while diving, and you could easily be attacked by other divers, and you have no way to e.g. attack the crew of a boat anchoring above you.

I intend to change this by creating a Pistol which is able to shoot underwater, while you still remain able to carry any other Rifle as your Primary Firearm. Now, the question is, is this even Possible? I havent yet managed to draw a Pistol underwater, as even if i select it as my weapon, i am still holding the Rifle in my Hands. Secondly, does anyone know which config parameters i have to define to enable a Weapon to shoot underwater? Anything in Class Ammo, Magazine and Weapon? If so, please share your knowledge with me.

I will firstoff try to create a simple reconfiguration which makes the Rook Pistol able to shoot underwater. If i manage to do that, and have a solid way to make it work, i'll start looking into Modelling and texturing my own Gun, but the first step would be the configiration.

Thank you for your time, Elena.

Hi Elena, nice idea and I´d suggest you to model (if you manage to achieve the reconfiguration of a pistol shooting underwater) this RL gun (already depicted on Tomb Rider movie) -> HK P11 http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg/de/hk-p11-underwater-e.html

But don´t forget to disable the reload function, as this gun has the slowest reload action of history: you´ll have to send it back to nearest HK factory to be reloaded and refitted lol

or it could be a P12 (this is ArmA, this is 2035 afterall) that has a brighter reload: you can exchange the whole barrel/mag upper and get back to the fight as a normal gun (the barrel/mag would still be sent to HK factory, but its not depicted on the gameplay lol)

It seemed to be a simple configuration value, to make wepaons able to fire submerged, nothing big. The Problem whatsoever is, you simply cannot draw your Pistol underwater at all.

A solution would of course be to configure the Pistol (And you actually guessed right, i was going for a P11 and a fictional version XP13) as a Primary weapon, but that defeats the entire purpose of the Addon - beeing able to carry a Powerfull rifle and a underwater Pistol along with it. So, my Pistol Idea (to work as a real Pistol) seems to not work at all.

What i'm trying to archieve now, is the following: Configure the 4 Underslung Weapons (MX with 3GL, Katiba with UGL, Mk2000 and T21 with UGL) in a way that they are able to load a 6-Round Underwater Cartridge in their Underslung Barrel. The Round (6Rnd_MAE_40mm) pretty much is the Barrel of a P11, loaded into an Underslung Grenade Launcher and giving the Weapon 6 Underwater Darts - Relaoding will work as usual with a 40mm Launcher, just that you don't relaod each shot, but each sixth. Works with any Weapon with an Underslung Grenadelauncher, no Problems drawing the Gun, and Built-In optics attachments. Should work out quite well, if i get the Config done.

Here's a copy of my config. It's a 30 round variant of the underwater magazine.

class Mode_SemiAuto ;
class Mode_Burst ;
class Mode_FullAuto ;
class SlotInfo ;
class CowsSlot ;
class PointerSlot ;

class CfgMagazines 
{
class Default ;
class 20Rnd_556x45_UW_mag  ;
class 30Rnd_65x39_UW_mag : 20Rnd_556x45_UW_mag 
{
	picture = "\A3\weapons_F\data\UI\m_30stanag_CA.paa";
	tracersEvery = 1;
	lastRoundsTracer = 30;
	count = 30;
	displayName = "30Rnd 65x39 UW Magazine";
	descriptionShort = "30Rnd UW Magazine";
	displaynameshort = "30Rnd 65x39 UW Mag";
};
};

and here's how's I have my weapon configured with custom optics (the optics came from FHQ Accessories Pack http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20393).

class GunParticles;
class cfgWeapons 
{
class arifle_Katiba_GL_ACO_F_diver: arifle_Katiba_GL_F
{
	displayName = "KH-2002 Khaybar-CD";
	magazines[] = {"20Rnd_556x45_UW_mag", "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag", "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_mag_Tracer", "30Rnd_65x39_UW_mag"};
	canShootInWater = 1;  ///This allows your weapon to shoot underwater

class GunParticles : GunParticles  //You'll need this if you want the underwater effect when the weapon is fired.
	{
		class SecondEffect 
		{
			effectName = "ShotUnderwater";
			positionName = "usti hlavne";
			directionName = "konec hlavne";
		};
	};
	class LinkedItems 
	{
		class LinkedItemsOptic 
		{
			item = "FHQ_optic_HWS_G33";
			slot = "CowsSlot";
		};
		class LinkedItemsAcc 
		{
			item = "FHQ_acc_ANPEQ15";
			slot = "PointerSlot";
		};
		class LinkedItemsMuzzle
		{
			item = "muzzle_snds_H";
			slot = "MuzzleSlot";
		};
	};
};

Hope this helps and good luck with your mod.

Side note: Anyone that wants to have custom optics on their weapons this is how, just copy this config and change it :D

Edited by takealready
forgot to put hint with the code.
  • Thanks 1