Sign in to follow this  
Antorugby

Teleport adn Altitude

I was searching for a script to teleport the vehicle player where the player clicked on the map and I found this:

titleText["Select Map Position", "PLAIN"];
onMapSingleClick "vehicle player setPos _pos;

But of course this just change the position of the player and not the height.

So I've looked into the wiki for setPos, setposASL/ATL etc, I've tried all the combination but nothing worked.

The only way that I found to work is this, where "+150" is the altitude:

vehicle player setPos [ getPos vehicle player select 0, getPos vehicle player select 1, (getPos vehicle player select 2) +150] 
onMapSingleClick '';";

It works fine, but I get an error, something like "type nothing expected bool", why?

The command reference's exemple specifies that a boolean is needed at the end. I suppose its used to allow you to add a condition to the mini-script to decide whether or not the action must be done. Not sure about it tbh.

Also your script has extra bits that can be removed.

Try this (untested) :

onMapSingleClick "vehicle player setPos [_pos select 0, _pos  select 1, (_pos select 2) +150]; true;";

edit: Tested, works.

Edited by YattaYatta

vehicle player setPos [ getPos vehicle player select 0, getPos vehicle player select 1, (getPos vehicle player select 2) +150] 
onMapSingleClick '';";

It works fine, but I get an error, something like "type nothing expected bool", why?

you left some garbage behind...

titleText["Select Map Position", "PLAIN"]; // you don't need this necessarily
onMapSingleClick "vehicle player setPos _pos; true;"; // added matching closing quote
vehicle player setPos [ getPos vehicle player select 0, getPos vehicle player select 1, (getPos vehicle player select 2) +150]; // added semicolon in the end
// onMapSingleClick '';"; removed altogether

Edit: ninja'ed

The command reference's exemple specifies that a boolean is needed at the end. I suppose its used to allow you to add a condition to the mini-script to decide whether or not the action must be done. Not sure about it tbh.

Also your script has extra bits that can be removed.

Try this (untested) :

onMapSingleClick "vehicle player setPos [_pos select 0, _pos  select 1, (_pos select 2) +150]; true;";

edit: Tested, works.

So the boolean was the "true"?

Anyway, yes it works really good, thank you!

EDIT; It was there the first time that I tried the script, probably i've just deleted it when I was trying different ways.

Thank you both for the explanation and for clearing the script!

Edited by Antorugby