fred41

Arma3 and the /LARGEADDRESSAWARE flag (memory allocation > 2GB)

What is the default allocator that Arma loads? I see four choices?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BI's default allocator for ArmA is "tbb4malloc_bi".

You can look it up in the *.rpt file which allocator is being used for you currently.

Thanks ChuWie. I assume this is the best one to use. Is there any advantage to running one of the other options?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No problem. I couldn't find much of a difference nor improvement nowadays anymore between the allocators.

Back in the days when the GMF tweak was still working I had the best results in conjunction with Fred's allocator and the tweak.

Bleemus,

The Fred´s malloc still works fine for me, at my main PC. I think it worth a try. Otherwise, at my laptop it is not working anymore.

I'm pretty sure it does as I ran without it the other night and was shocked at the low fps (19-25) I was getting, when normally I see around 30-35.

I tested around a bit and found out due to the lack of the GMF tweak in conjunction with tbbmalloc, the performance was still the same for me as I'd use BI's standard allocator.

Tested with benchmark couple of times, singleplayer dynamic missions, and multiplayer.

After todays update it seems tbbmalloc is no longer working? I noticed in the launcher there was a BE log that said it blocked tbbmalloc.dll. So what now, we are not allowed to use custom mallocs?

yea its no longer working..now i can only play on private server with BE off and singleplayer

im pretty sure u dont need any custom mallocs since one of the official patches as they made the performance the same with the standard one...

im pretty sure u dont need any custom mallocs since one of the official patches as they made the performance the same with the standard one...

no we need fred41 malloc..arma 3 malloc dont use large page..my fps is shit if enable battleye

Agreed. I'm too getting tbbmalloc blocked and getting worse FPS than I did prior to the update.

I've contacted BattlEye to whitelist it. I'll post progress as soon as I get any myself.

I confirm a FPS drop without fred41 malloc.

BattlEye, please fix this.

woho! great news :D

edit: hmm, just remote controlled my gaming 'puter at home and nope. I'm still getting tbbmalloc blocked at game start, and yes the hotfix is installed :/

Edited by bamse

It´s working again for me too.

Edited by caico1983

How can I tell if it's even working, my game still dips down to 25 fps when I put four groups down in the editor and make them fight. Two squads, two fireteams. And that's on a I5-2400 and a GTX 960 FTW 4gb. I literally saw no fps improvement when I upgraded from my 560 to the 960. Yet, The witcher 3 and gta V I can run at 50-60 fps with lowest dropping to the 40's, no problem. This game is horribly optimized, always has been.

How can I tell if it's even working, my game still dips down to 25 fps when I put four groups down in the editor and make them fight. Two squads, two fireteams. And that's on a I5-2400 and a GTX 960 FTW 4gb. I literally saw no fps improvement when I upgraded from my 560 to the 960. Yet, The witcher 3 and gta V I can run at 50-60 fps with lowest dropping to the 40's, no problem. This game is horribly optimized, always has been.

arma 3 gpu optimizations is excellent..its the cpu optimization thats suck

Fred, are you planning on releasing that new malloc, Dwarden was hinting about? Or is that project scrapped completely?

I've tried all of the memory allocators.  The two best are tbbmalloc and tbb4malloc_bi,  with tbb4malloc_bi being the best as it has less problems during extended game play.

Hey guys sorry for hijacking this thread. I made a custom memory allocator (yes with large pages).

I cant see any big difference when I use the default memory allocator or a custom one. So I need someone who has or had big performance improvements with fred´s version and want to help me testing.

Please send me a PN.