Sign in to follow this  
st!gar

What exactly is ArmA 3's plot?

BTW, any theory about furnitures having disappeared ? :rolleyes: Major termites attack ?

Edited by ProfTournesol

BTW, any theory about furnitures having disappeared ? :rolleyes: Major termites attack ?

The virus mutated and the ants started devouring all furniture, it also made the snakes to multiply in insane numbers and eat all the birds.

Well MistyRonin is spot on with the gazillion snakes around.It was called "horny snakes syndrome",that's why you can't walk 10m without stepping on one.

Unfortunately the missing furniture is something more complex.I knew people will start to wonder what the heck happened with the furniture missing everywhere.Well if you don't want episode 2 from dlc campaign spoiled better don't read further:

The story goes like this,iranian colonel Muhammad Gulbahar John Feruz Jahan Massoud (we'll call him Ali) was heading back to his estate.He was pissed that day because his driver already hit 2 wrecks in town.

Anyway after arriving he was shocked to notice everything was missing and I mean really everything(including his toy soldier collection).He started to interrogate everyone and finally his science team gave him the logical explanation.It was........the zombies.

You see the virus caused a side effect into neocortex and zombies developed kleptomania.Basically after..."zombing" around an area they ran away with everything that wasn't nailed down.

The popular theory is that the Altis furniture is still somewhere on the island.So if you thought the pirate cave was the shit mark my words when you'll stumble on a cave full of cookers,chairs,tables,wardrobes,paintings,tvs,beds,Ali's toy soldier collection and other crap those zombies found.

• Like 1

Considering all the wrecks it's been a zombie apocalypse,iranians developed the virus in those domes and Altis was the testbed,in a week everything went to hell,AAF stepped in and blew everyone cars to prevent escape.Also for some reason iranians hated women so the virus killed them all.

Then Nato was in the area and when they saw all the mess they couldn't stay away from it.Sadly a few of their transport planes were shot down and CSAT managed to steal some UGVs and a few turrets.

When they saw Nato superior turret technology they decided to transform the domes into factories to make the new turret for all their vehicles.The UGV were too advanced to reproduce so they just decided to paint them differently just to piss Nato even more.

FIA was made from surviving civ population,when they saw all their women died they decided to take arms,now they plan ops in their garages.

THIS

Just minus the zombies.

Considering all the wrecks it's been a zombie apocalypse,iranians developed the virus in those domes and Altis was the testbed,in a week everything went to hell,AAF stepped in and blew everyone cars to prevent escape.Also for some reason iranians hated women so the virus killed them all.

Then Nato was in the area and when they saw all the mess they couldn't stay away from it.Sadly a few of their transport planes were shot down and CSAT managed to steal some UGVs and a few turrets.

When they saw Nato superior turret technology they decided to transform the domes into factories to make the new turret for all their vehicles.The UGV were too advanced to reproduce so they just decided to paint them differently just to piss Nato even more.

FIA was made from surviving civ population,when they saw all their women died they decided to take arms,now they plan ops in their garages.

You owe me a new keyboard and a new coffee, Sir! :D

Right - now that Arma3 has been released - what's the story?

Right - now that Arma3 has been released - what's the story?

As said 20.000 millions before and in different posts, websites, magazines and sitreps, the campaign is gonna be released in parts. The first one next month.

Yeah I know that. But the game's been released. A detailed overview of the situation would be good - explaining the different factions. This is more of a cry to the developers, really. Sure, we don't need to know details for the campaign, but details relating to the present state of affairs at the beginning of the campaign would be good. To be honest, I thought we'd at least get an intro when loading the newly released game today... Sorry MistyRonin, don't mean to sound snappy. Guess there's no news and I'll just need to wait it out like everyone else! A real pain for mission editing though!

Edited by Kydoimos

Yeah there isn't even a basic story overview on the website. That's one of the first things I'd look for when checking out the website of a new game.

Here's the story: You are in a 2035 sandbox, and you're objective is to play with ground vehicles, soldier dolls, and aircraft. The end. :o

Now that I have a good enough video card to support Arma 3, I'm going to Burn Arma 3 to Dvd, then use the Dvd as a coaster to set my urine sample on and reinstall Operation Flashpoint. It has bicycles you know.

Get ready for the first content patch coming tomorrow... featuring..

Showcase: Campaign

Let's make that Campaign!

We have plot, variety of units, altis, we will need Mission makers, zombies script and somebody to make "Showcase: Campaign True Story Spoiler: with zombies"

First time in my life i'm not playing ARMA/OFP campaign on release day and makeing my own sp/coop missions based on a plot because there is no campaign plot to continue... :(

I'am very SAD BIS :(

These are the things I want to know:

1. So we all know that Cpt. Scott Miller (the British, ex-SBS guy, who you were supposed to play as before) is now an NPC, but what role does he serve exactly, if you don't play as him?

2. Is he by himself, does he fight with the American part of NATO?

3. Why is he the (supposedly, from our current knowledge) the only non-American guy in the NATO faction so far? Can't BIS add a bit of variety? Getting kind of tired of the main characters being American or English-speaking most of the time. Let's see some Germans, French, Italians, Polish, (more) Czech, etc.

4. Who is going to voice act him (hopefully not the guy who voiced Brian Frost from BAF + PMC + ToH)?

5. Also, where are the other nationalities that were mentioned for the NATO faction back in 2011 (German, Italian, Czech)? I haven't heard of them since.

Edited by Jinzor

So "Western NATO" is on the side of the common population, whereas "Eastern NATO" is on the side of the government?

No it's not 'Eastern NATO" it's a coalition of middle-eastern Armies headed up by Iran.

Edited by FrankDaTank1218