Oh boy, that's a behemoth of a scope!! I'm certainly working on expanding the collection of optics and it'll indefinitely grow over time.

Also a big shout out to ToxicSludge, if you haven't already go check out his channel. Really digging his mod reviews!

I've also heard there are some issue with clipping on some various mod weapons, namely the AR packs. I'm looking at a way to resolve this issue, possibly through some sort of extended mount. We'll have to see.

The PKA-S and 3x Mag are finished in terms of the high-poly models, I've started work on the ATOS here-in.

New updates coming soon guys! :)

Very good and congratulations for the great job!

Oh boy, that's a behemoth of a scope!! I'm certainly working on expanding the collection of optics and it'll indefinitely grow over time.

Also a big shout out to ToxicSludge, if you haven't already go check out his channel. Really digging his mod reviews!

I've also heard there are some issue with clipping on some various mod weapons, namely the AR packs. I'm looking at a way to resolve this issue, possibly through some sort of extended mount. We'll have to see.

The PKA-S and 3x Mag are finished in terms of the high-poly models, I've started work on the ATOS here-in.

New updates coming soon guys! :)

IanSky I sell firearms and accessories as my job for a sporting goods corporation, we have this wonderful little scope attachment that would be PERFECT for your NightForce scope, check this out....

http://www.atncorp.com/nightvision-daynight-atnps28-4

big.jpg

It features a QD (Quick Detach) mounting system and can be used with a canted mount as well (using MRT functions you could make it go from day/night by canting it off of the scope). Just so you know this is the absolute latest version of Night Vision (Gen 4), this is as good as it gets, problems solved.

Typing and reading on the shitty kindle so difficult for me to follow links or pics.... I speed read your "2035" comment and assumed some uber scope that works with nvgs/thermals etc...

Apologies... i'd be happy to see any of those gadgets you mentioned in-game

Hey IanSky, you're doing great work! However I have one bit of constructive criticism, the image used to create a reflection effect on the T1 aimpoint is too clear, resulting in a very distracting "screenshot" effect.

the image used to create a reflection effect on the T1 aimpoint is too clear, resulting in a very distracting "screenshot" effect.

What? make a screenshot or nothing

also guys don't throw every NV scopes/adapters here - WE know they exist and how they work , atm we don't have any in the pack but that might change in the FUTURE

thx :p

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=472278063

C-More RDS, the reflection effect is a blurry shadow, almost unnoticeable unless you're actually moving the scope around, doesn't interfere with the sight picture at all.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=472278038

T1 RDS, very clear image of an arid landscape taking up half the sight picture, very distracting.

I feel bad, one final nitpick and then I'll stop pestering you.

Currently with the SpecterDR when you look through the main scope its zoomed in, and then you can press the zoom out key to use the scope as a mid range sight like in Arma II. Can you flip things around, so that you have the 1x magnification the first time you look through instead of the 4x? Sorry, I'm explaining it really awkwardly.

I feel bad, one final nitpick and then I'll stop pestering you.

Currently with the SpecterDR when you look through the main scope its zoomed in, and then you can press the zoom out key to use the scope as a mid range sight like in Arma II. Can you flip things around, so that you have the 1x magnification the first time you look through instead of the 4x? Sorry, I'm explaining it really awkwardly.

That is actually something I discussed with RobertHammer because I myself would've preferred it like that as-well. However it's not possible with the current optic mechanics, I mean it's possible but then there won't be a 4x magnification available.

Don't ask, weird I know.

Sometimes I feel like Bohemia deliberately designed the Weapons system to troll us for wanting things to be consistent.

What about The Schmidt Bender PMII 5-25x56 LT MTC P4 Fine Scope or US Optics US Optics SN3 T-Pal 3.2-17x44mm that would be a great addition to the ScopeMOD. I'm still thinking that this mod need one like SRifleMod or SniperRifleMod (both registred trade marks !!!!! lol :) ) It would be nice at least for me cause I'm the designated sniper of my team (most patient of the guys that's why) and I don't like the standard rifles (Semi-futuristics, wrong names, phew choices). I would be nice to have a MX2010, AX338 or a ORSIS T-5000 for the NightForce.

Best regards

Edited by DartShinigami

What about The Schmidt Bender PMII 5-25x56 LT MTC P4 Fine Scope or US Optics US Optics SN3 T-Pal 3.2-17x44mm that would be a great addition to the ScopeMOD. I'm still thinking that this mod need one like SRifleMod or SniperRifleMod (both registred trade marks !!!!! lol :) ) It would be nice at least for me cause I'm the designated sniper of my team (most patient of the guys that's why) and I don't like the standard rifles (Semi-futuristics, wrong names, phew choices). I would be nice to have a MX2010, AX338 or a ORSIS T-5000 for the NightForce.

Best regards

or.. OR.... you could just get FHQ Remington weapons pack and joint rails or RHS and join rails and use the scope mod with the provided MX2010

Thanks for the obvious!!!!!, but my post was about adding more scopes no rifles, the other things was just ranting. In fact I use RHS and FHQ, but the quality of FHQ is not near ARMA 3 standard; though is that sort of mod the one I was talking.

I've also noticed the issue with the T1's, regarding the reflection that looks like a screenshot within it. Also is there anyway to get the illuminated sight picture in the 2d spectres, same as the 3d?

This mod is incredibly good. And yes, the reflection picture on T1 scopes is too visible. If it possible, make it more transparent.

Forgive me, as I don't remember this being mentioned (it might be a 1.48 issue)...

I'm now finding that with the 3d Elcan, while in "normal" 4x zoom, everything is good, but when I zoom out to 1x (not the RDS, just 1x on the optic), the front sight post is now white.  This is with RHS weapons.  I haven't tested them with others.  Not the end of the world, by any means, but figured I'd report it.

@gatordev

The problem seems to be with certain RHS M4 versions. The one with front grips in combination with the Specter scope all have the issue.

Another issue with the Specter scope. The view gets somewhat distorted in a very weird way for a second or so when you look down the scope. This happens when:

- Look through scope and zoom out.

- Stop looking down the scope.

- Now when you look down the scope, the view will zoom in and then a split second later zoom out. It can make you somewhat nauseas after a while.

I made a quick fix for it to make it first zoom in a little, before switching to the full zoom level (basically, I reversed the process) and that basically fixes it. Here's the config for it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ut1uczcnjex57wv/t1_specterScope_fix.pbo?dl=0

• Like 1

Does anyone else have an issue with the illuminated reticle on the 2D Elcans?

When we use them night time and you look through the scope you can see the reticle being red for like a frame or two, then it switches back to the daytime regular black one for the rest of the animation until fully "zoomed"/in a ready state?

This is when running CBA v2 and Scope Mod only for me (turn on 60fps, not sure if video is completely processed after upload tho .. :P):

Does anyone else have an issue with the illuminated reticle on the 2D Elcans?

When we use them night time and you look through the scope you can see the reticle being red for like a frame or two, then it switches back to the daytime regular black one for the rest of the animation until fully "zoomed"/in a ready state?

It's because the game moves the camera to the "opticview" memory point before loading the 2D scope. Momentarily you're looking through the model as though it were the 3D version of the scope, and the 3D optic has a .rvmat that makes the reticle glow red at night, so that's what you see.

Unfortunately it's no longer possible to use .rvmats to create night-only reticle illumination the same way you can do with 3D ones.

Ah! I was almost about to bet my fittest hamster that I've was able to use the 2D version just the other week. Must've used the 3D one then (or im getting old ;P). Thanks for the clarification!

@gatordev

The problem seems to be with certain RHS M4 versions. The one with front grips in combination with the Specter scope all have the issue.

Another issue with the Specter scope. The view gets somewhat distorted in a very weird way for a second or so when you look down the scope. This happens when:

- Now when you look down the scope, the view will zoom in and then a split second later zoom out. It can make you somewhat nauseas after a while.

I made a quick fix for it to make it first zoom in a little, before switching to the full zoom level (basically, I reversed the process) and that basically fixes it. Here's the config for it:

Another issue with the Specter scopes is that they sit far too front with almost all weapons (even with the vanilla ones). One example image of RHS M4:

2DEsDNY.jpg

I'm really sorry about the image quality. Steam somehow messed up the aspect ratio, so I had to stretch the image. Hopefully you can still get the point.

Some real life examples how the scope is usually placed:

http://i.imgur.com/fTLdbtO.jpg

http://www.thorgdg.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/elcan-specterdr-mounted-rifle.jpg

https://raidairsoft.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/marsoc-with-erb-waist-pack.jpg

It's a little thing, but somehow it bothers me quite much. I don't know if the placement can be changed or if you're willing to change it, but I just wanted to point it out, because nobody else hasn't yet.

Other than that the addon is pretty amazing.

• Like 1

@gatordev

This really bugs me out too. But with your fix unfortunately, I am no longer able to zoom out with the specters.

iirc the position is up to the weapon config, not the scope ... right?

Scope just uses the defined Joint Rails-rail.