I'm really appreciating the variations in this addon. It's clear that hard work has been put into it.

I have an item for the wishlist, and it's for the FDE version to not be a two-tone skin.

As it is right now it looks alot like the airsoft replicas of the scope, and less like the actual scope.

What I mean is that I want it less like this: http://thegunstore.ca/shop/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Airsoft-4x-Elcan-SpecterDR-Type-RedGreen-Dot-Sight-Scope-Tan-0-4.jpg

And more like this: http://cdn2.armslist.com/sites/armslist/uploads/posts/2014/09/01/3451221_01_elcan_specterdr_1_4x_fde_5_56_640.jpg

The color of the outer casing of the FDE is just right as it is now, it's just the inner tube and other bright parts that would need to match it.

Thanks for the addon! Great work.

They not using the Spectre with the NVGs, though. They're using either a RDS or the PEQ for targeting while wearing NODs. While it would technically be possible to shoot through the Elcan using a NVG tube, it would require you to do all of the following:

1. Get perfectly lined up with rear of the Elcan AND make sure your NVG tube is in the same plane as the optic.

2. Make sure it's spaced far enough back so that you can actually see out of the scope. The eye relief on the Specter is supposed to be 2.75". Personally I find it to be less than that. Also, you don't actually look "through" a NVG, you're looking at an image at the back of the NVG being generated by the front of the NVG (I'm over-simplifying it). So you'd have to have your head really far back in order to get the tube at the right eye relief.

3. You would need to make sure the NVG tube is focused in order to see the reticule. That focus setting may not be the same focus setting that you would need/want for looking around. NVGs don't have an unlimited depth of field.

4. You would need to have your illumination turned up on the Elcan (either reticule or dot). Since both are red, chances are they would bloom out the NVG and just make it a mess of an image. Yes, I know you can technically have NVG-friendly red lights, but I would doubt that's the case here.

So after you've managed to do all that, you pull the trigger and would have to reset much of this after recoil. It's just not practical. However, if you had a PVS-22 in FRONT of the Elcan, it would work like what you want, but we don't have that in-game right now.

Ian,

One very small nit-pick I've noticed is the texture of the illumination markings isn't completely there (not all the circles are visible). This is so insignificant, I wouldn't worry about it, but otherwise it's the only thing I can complain about. I even have been enjoying your 3D version more than the 2D one. To me it seems to give a more realistic FOV and zoom level. The 2D zoom level seems zoomed in too much, but I know that's a BIS issue since you guys used the BIS ratios. I just wish it didn't feel like I was drunk when using the 3D reticules, but again, I know that's a BIS issue and not your problem.

How do you mean not all the circles are visible? On the body texture by the left mode dial?

Alright, so while RH is fixing up the bugs and errors I've gone and started on the new optics. I have the block-out for the Aimpoint already done, the ATOS is already in production and the PKA-S which was donated to me has been modified and altered to better suit Arma III. The scope wasn't designed to be looked through so I went ahead and worked some magic to make it useable.

Here's some shots, I'll get some of the ATOS and Aimpoint Mag once I have more to show.

PK_1.jpg

PK_2.jpg

PK_3.jpg

Stay tuned for more, I'm hoping to get a patch out for the Specter, C-More and T1 ASAP!

How do you mean not all the circles are visible? On the body texture by the left mode dial?

Correct, but I may need to reevaluate my comment. After heading to the range today and looking at it, I may be lying to you. It's tough for me to tell because I have a zip-tie blocking some of the "icons" of the dial, so I need to look at it in game again. It's possible that my AI buddy just wasn't giving me a good view of his scope when I was looking at it.

Correct, but I may need to reevaluate my comment. After heading to the range today and looking at it, I may be lying to you. It's tough for me to tell because I have a zip-tie blocking some of the "icons" of the dial, so I need to look at it in game again. It's possible that my AI buddy just wasn't giving me a good view of his scope when I was looking at it.

Hmm, ok. I pretty sure I haven't missed anything.

As you can see in this image, the circles don't repeat all the way around the dial. This is what I did? But if I've missed something then correct me.

SPDR%20FDE.jpg

Hmm, ok. I pretty sure I haven't missed anything.

As you can see in this image, the circles don't repeat all the way around the dial. This is what I did? But if I've missed something then correct me.

No sir, the models and textures are fantastic. It's me that mis-identified the problem. I blame the AI for hanging out in the shadows. I looked again last night it looks fantastic. You've even given it the issue of trying to figure out if the switch is truly in the "OFF" position or not.

My apologies for the error. Again, you both did great work.

SCPMODA3_S.png

HOTFIX 2 | R2.0.2

So after hitching a ride to hell and slaving endlessly in the polygon dungeon I've emerged, or rather I should say we've emerged with a small hotfix which for me makes a big difference.

You'll now find the Elcan has the latest collimator effect and a proper 3D view with absolutely no tunneling. This gives you a wider view and a more pleasant viewing experience, enjoy!

We've also updated the T1 model which now has as-well, a minimized tunnel that correlates better in relation to the real world examples.

Oh and we added the missing knob on the C-More, sorry about that!

DOWNLOAD | MediaFire

donation-button.png

Thankyou for the support guys!

Edited by IanSky

Beast's inertia should be moved directly under class iansky_nfbeast, it's under iteminfo now.

lol, how much is marksmen? 10 € donated.

Beast's inertia should be moved directly under class iansky_nfbeast, it's under iteminfo now.

I'll pass this on, thanks for the feedback.

@EasyEB + Everyone

You guys are epic, thankyou so much for the support. I'm off to try the new weapons! :P

Once again, thankyou!

lol, how much is marksmen? 10 € donated.

It's 10-15$ in us. Idk bout where ian lives.

I forget how much I paid for it.

Thanks for the hotfix buddy

Edited by Rockdpm

You could told us this earlier! lol , but ye thx for the report and sorry for my stupid typo ...

Edited by RobertHammer

Oh, I would also like to ad one wish to a SpecterDR with the Deltapoint but without killflash. :)

And while I'm here wishing? A Docter instead of a Deltapoint. Oh my.

docter-sights-1040x400.jpg

Is your game updated? This seems to be a common error when running recent addons on pre-1.44 version.

;2945412']Is your game updated? This seems to be a common error when running recent addons on pre-1.44 version.
Yes up to marksman DLC

Took another look at this mod since changing to v2.0 - what a massive difference! The textures and models are superb.

Why in the arma3 what happens in 2035, there is no scope for medium to long range, with night vision system?

It would be an impossibility of engine? Many problems to make the programming of the MOD?

Sounds good... but this mod is focused on representing real scopes not imaginary ones.... :-)

Sounds good... but this mod is focused on representing real scopes not imaginary ones.... :-)

Sorry, but you fire with real guns?

This is a fast search at google by "scope nvg" see this result (first link): http://www.opticsplanet.com/nightvision-riflescopes.html

They aren't imaginary, this is real and the military versions are more powerful and better than these.

In 2035 (arma 3) will exist more modern and better systems.

This is the real life!

d740a.jpg

http://www.elbitsystems.com/elbitmain/pic/Night%20Vision%20Thermal%203%20.JPG (1067 kB)

ANTVS5_Mounted_01.jpg

http://thermalnightvisionhunting.com/night/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/TNVH-Slide1.jpg (107 kB)

Oh boy, that's a behemoth of a scope!! I'm certainly working on expanding the collection of optics and it'll indefinitely grow over time.

Also a big shout out to ToxicSludge, if you haven't already go check out his channel. Really digging his mod reviews!

I've also heard there are some issue with clipping on some various mod weapons, namely the AR packs. I'm looking at a way to resolve this issue, possibly through some sort of extended mount. We'll have to see.

The PKA-S and 3x Mag are finished in terms of the high-poly models, I've started work on the ATOS here-in.

New updates coming soon guys! :)

Edited by IanSky

These look beast. Thankyou.