Does the mediafire DL reflect the current version?

No but it's the updated file. MediaFire allows you to replace files without changing the download link, hence why the name and file-date are the same. Don't worry, if you prefer to just download it from ArmaHolic or else...

Edited by IanSky

Optics will not show on my rifle. ASDG JR is setup correctly. Spectre shows equipped in my inventory, flips my buis down correctly, actual model not showing ingame. If it matters i DL'd from mediafire because my DL from armaholic keeps failing when complete. Any ideas?

Holy cow, the SpectreDR really is great and beautiful at the same time. I really do think that the 2D KF-version in FDE will be my new go-to scope. Looks very pretty on top of the RHS M4B2 or Mk18 :D

Optics will not show on my rifle. ASDG JR is setup correctly. Spectre shows equipped in my inventory, flips my buis down correctly, actual model not showing ingame. If it matters i DL'd from mediafire because my DL from armaholic keeps failing when complete. Any ideas?

I'm not sure what to suggest, so you're saying the scopes are there but not physically displayed? What other mods are you running, maybe something is conflicting?

Holy cow, the SpectreDR really is great and beautiful at the same time. I really do think that the 2D KF-version in FDE will be my new go-to scope. Looks very pretty on top of the RHS M4B2 or Mk18 :D

Hah, thanks fella! Remember the reticle is illuminated at night! Oh and don't forget you can zoom out to 1x which for me, gives a nicer experience. :)

Try the download from the Arma 3.de link. I had the same issue, the download would freeze up halfway on armaholic and tried .de and worked. If thats the case, someone needs to submit a ticket to foxhound about it.

Good news peeps, RH and I have been tinkering with the optics again and we'll have another small update coming soon. We've reduced the tunneling effect on the T1 to reflect more how it looks in RL. We've also found a good technique for eliminating the tunneling effect on the Elcan. To sum it up, we've removed the tunneling entirely from the Elcan which now gives a larger view and also included the new collimator effect. So yeah... Stay tuned!

yey! what about scope adjustment configs? :)

Sry - barking at the wrong tree I suppose - prolly should nag at the ace thread...

Edited by nsnipe

IanSky: oh, switch between 1<->4x in scope you mean? I only found the normal way of switching (CTRL-RClick) between BUIS/dot and main reticle. What am I missing? :)

Just tried the scope at night. Now it really is my go-to scope, holy moly :D

Edit: Ok, read through a few pages back that it's the firemode good ol' num-/+ that changes 1/4X. Wierd, I tried that with the 2D variants and didn't notice anything. Time to test some more tonight!

Edit2: Damn, that's just effin awesome. These are my new go-to scopes for sure. <3

Edited by bamse

Awesome job Ian, but you forgot to put the back knob on the C-more :p

Odec

Hi bud! Hah, you're totally right, how did I miss that? I'll get it hot-fixed ASAP.

Is there a possibility to have the new Elcan SpectreDR with the backup red dot on top without a kill-flash? Don't know why maybe its the look but I think it looks better without one. Just my personal opinion :) Sorry if its already there I have a lot of mods that add scopes.

Is there a possibility to have the new Elcan SpectreDR with the backup red dot on top without a kill-flash? Don't know why maybe its the look but I think it looks better without one. Just my personal opinion :) Sorry if its already there I have a lot of mods that add scopes.

I kinda agree with you. Would be nice to have a set with a Top mounted doctor sight to it. We'll see. Ian said the next version should replace the SpecterDR's with the tunnel effect to a colluminator effect. So maybe we may see additions. Might be hard to justify as it would require some more model work.

Hi:

I have a problem with the mod, wen I try to use any scope games crashes and say about an error in .p3d line 63. I'm using Arma 3 with marskman DLC. Is there a way to fix this????

Hi:

I have a problem with the mod, wen I try to use any scope games crashes and say about an error in .p3d line 63. I'm using Arma 3 with marskman DLC. Is there a way to fix this????

Where did you download it from?

from arma3.de

Okay. thats where I downloaded mine from. Is it all scopes or just one and if so which exact one is it?

Okay. thats where I downloaded mine from. Is it all scopes or just one and if so which exact one is it?
Any it doesn't matter I even try to use in the editor the ammo box containing all the scopes and is tha same. You too have the same problem????

Any it doesn't matter I even try to use in the editor the ammo box containing all the scopes and is tha same. You too have the same problem????

No I don't get this error at all. figured i'd ask though. I had a user report to me of a blue reticle issue with one of RHS's M4's that I was going to look into today.

No I don't get this error at all. figured i'd ask though. I had a user report to me of a blue reticle issue with one of RHS's M4's that I was going to look into today.
If you find a way to solve the error do tell please. I'm eager to play with thous scopes especially THE BEAST :yay: Will be sniping from 2500 KM with Kestrel and Ballistic COM included.

If you find a way to solve the error do tell please. I'm eager to play with thous scopes especially THE BEAST :yay: Will be sniping from 2500 KM with Kestrel and Ballistic COM included.

good luck with that dude (I hope u meant m not km) - its indirect fire, not sniping anymore :) My best was 1700 with .408 and NFBeast (Of course it was with ace weather, adv.ballistics and random wind and on) and it happen only with 3rd follow-up. Nonsense in combat conditions, but fun anyway. Notes on the NFbeast - so far its best LR scope in Arma3 so far - with ace its adjustable to ~30 mils elevation and 10> mils windage while LPRS only to +-6 for windage. For the cons - would like a tad sharper reticule and Ace pip on the sides (imho Ace pip is only good for LR scope, but not anything else).

good luck with that dude (I hope u meant m not km) - its indirect fire, not sniping anymore :) My best was 1700 with .408 and NFBeast (Of course it was with ace weather, adv.ballistics and random wind and on) and it happen only with 3rd follow-up. Nonsense in combat conditions, but fun anyway. Notes on the NFbeast - so far its best LR scope in Arma3 so far - with ace its adjustable to ~30 mils elevation and 10> mils windage while LPRS only to +-6 for windage. For the cons - would like a tad sharper reticule and Ace pip on the sides (imho Ace pip is only good for LR scope, but not anything else).

Yes, my bad is 2500 m and is duable there is a video on youtube of some one doing a 1900 m or so. But I cant!!!!!! for now due to the fkn error. Best regards

Edited by DartShinigami

I was wondering if you have any proof of the Specters for example not being NVG compatible? I cant think of any reason of why they wouldnt be and I have quite a few pictures of SF units with nods and magnified optics on their guns.

I was wondering if you have any proof of the Specters for example not being NVG compatible? I cant think of any reason of why they wouldnt be and I have quite a few pictures of SF units with nods and magnified optics on their guns.

They not using the Spectre with the NVGs, though. They're using either a RDS or the PEQ for targeting while wearing NODs. While it would technically be possible to shoot through the Elcan using a NVG tube, it would require you to do all of the following:

1. Get perfectly lined up with rear of the Elcan AND make sure your NVG tube is in the same plane as the optic.

2. Make sure it's spaced far enough back so that you can actually see out of the scope. The eye relief on the Specter is supposed to be 2.75". Personally I find it to be less than that. Also, you don't actually look "through" a NVG, you're looking at an image at the back of the NVG being generated by the front of the NVG (I'm over-simplifying it). So you'd have to have your head really far back in order to get the tube at the right eye relief.

3. You would need to make sure the NVG tube is focused in order to see the reticule. That focus setting may not be the same focus setting that you would need/want for looking around. NVGs don't have an unlimited depth of field.

4. You would need to have your illumination turned up on the Elcan (either reticule or dot). Since both are red, chances are they would bloom out the NVG and just make it a mess of an image. Yes, I know you can technically have NVG-friendly red lights, but I would doubt that's the case here.

So after you've managed to do all that, you pull the trigger and would have to reset much of this after recoil. It's just not practical. However, if you had a PVS-22 in FRONT of the Elcan, it would work like what you want, but we don't have that in-game right now.

Ian,

One very small nit-pick I've noticed is the texture of the illumination markings isn't completely there (not all the circles are visible). This is so insignificant, I wouldn't worry about it, but otherwise it's the only thing I can complain about. I even have been enjoying your 3D version more than the 2D one. To me it seems to give a more realistic FOV and zoom level. The 2D zoom level seems zoomed in too much, but I know that's a BIS issue since you guys used the BIS ratios. I just wish it didn't feel like I was drunk when using the 3D reticules, but again, I know that's a BIS issue and not your problem.