I'm wondering though; is the BEAST scaled correctly?

Reading the specifications for the scope, the OAL is 15.37in/390mm. It looks a little small ingame next to weapons of known length like the Mk.14 (44.3in/1,126mm OAL, 22in/559mm BBL) or with respect to the general anthropomorphic measurements of a unit model (390mm is about the width of the chest on the sample Arma 3 underwear model).

Obviously I don't have the model to measure directly in ObjectBuilder, but if you create a box [F7] and enter 0.39 in the Size X/Y/Z fields, it'll probably indicate how it compares to an ingame length of 390mm

it might be off , which i suspected it but Ian said that it was fine so i left it as it is

Did a test with the box - here you can see it > http://i.imgur.com/64ltd5T.jpg - it's better now?

Hey, The mod is looking good.

However may you please explain/add option to test those scopes in VA?

Hey, The mod is looking good.

However may you please explain/add option to test those scopes in VA?

add asdg joint rails mod

Nope...

Sorry but, If your unwilling to be helped no one can ever help you. We just told you the answer to your question. I'm pretty sure VA detects these scopes with or without ASDG. But they might require ASDG to show up for other weapons.

Sorry but, If your unwilling to be helped no one can ever help you. We just told you the answer to your question. I'm pretty sure VA detects these scopes with or without ASDG. But they might require ASDG to show up for other weapons.

My nope = Already tried with asdg_jr but still same result, I cant even see them in the scope list.

And please, Don't say about me that I'm not willing to be helped, Instead visit my comments and you will see different.

My nope = Already tried with asdg_jr but still same result, I cant even see them in the scope list.

And please, Don't say about me that I'm not willing to be helped, Instead visit my comments and you will see different.

Make sure you have the latest version of ASDG, the Virtual Arsenal works fine for me here...

[/color]

Not possible with current A3 - because A3 supports only 1 illumination option so we decided to use the whole reticle illumination instead of dot , while the 2D does have a dot illumination (due of one A3 bug)

NVG compatible ? - uhm maybe only with 1x

More zoom? - we used the default A3 3D zoom scope values ,if you want more then use the 2D variant instead

Thanks RobertHammer Sir, for the reply.

I only love two gun mods in Arma3, RHS & yours.

I requested all my friends to use this scope mod because of the Spectre DR scope.

Can you add same Spectre DR 3d scope with this Reticule with Red Dot http://www.google.co.in/imgres?imgurl=https://delta3tactical.com/store/product_images/q/683/elcan-specter-dr-dual-role-1x4x-optical-sight-556-bdc-reticle-w-arms-mount__37960_zoom.jpg&imgrefurl=https://delta3tactical.com/store/products/Elcan-Specter-DR-Dual-Role-1x%257B47%257D4x-Optical-Sight-5.56-BDC-Reticle-w%257B47%257D-ARMS-Mount.html&h=750&w=650&tbnid=_ZmC6i3v_IGvHM:&zoom=1&docid=bU6tFJMuUSgDXM&ei=Q6xYVd3VONCcugTMsoDYBg&tbm=isch&ved=0CCoQMygiMCI4ZAand backup iron sights, so you don't have to worry about 2 illumination option per scope.

It would be great if you add NVG compatibility because we have to carry to different scopes for night mission, Eg. Spectre DR scope & ARMA 3 RCO. And plaese do not add kill flash if you make this one.

Regards..

okey - made a little collage to illustrate the issues with kill-flash and reflections:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/61qctswisf1ybya/scopes.png?dl=0

I know its unfair to compare 2d and 3d but when its hindering sight its no excuse for me. As far as I know all collimator, rds and scopes lenses in general have anti-reflection coating so if its not limited by engine theres no excuse not to make it properly.

also the gap in zoomed NB:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yvafdju99d19k7o/arma3%202015-05-17%2018-02-22-39.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0swvv8hn5alz2gr/arma3%202015-05-17%2018-02-17-72.png?dl=0

I know I can sound harsh with my nagging, but its not that I'm ungrateful or smth. I just want it better for community. IMHO more skilled modder/artist - more criticism he/she have to get - to push it even further quality wise.

Also idk why, but to show that 3d pip scope actually not so laggy and can be fast in short-mid ranges (Sorry for the music):

okey - made a little collage to illustrate the issues with kill-flash and reflections:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/61qctswisf1ybya/scopes.png?dl=0

I know its unfair to compare 2d and 3d but when its hindering sight its no excuse for me. As far as I know all collimator, rds and scopes lenses in general have anti-reflection coating so if its not limited by engine theres no excuse not to make it properly.

also the gap in zoomed NB:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yvafdju99d19k7o/arma3%202015-05-17%2018-02-22-39.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0swvv8hn5alz2gr/arma3%202015-05-17%2018-02-17-72.png?dl=0

I know I can sound harsh with my nagging, but its not that I'm ungrateful or smth. I just want it better for community. IMHO more skilled modder/artist - more criticism he/she have to get - to push it even further quality wise.

Also idk why, but to show that 3d pip scope actually not so laggy and can be fast in short-mid ranges (Sorry for the music):

You probably never seen a real life Killflash do you? Red dot or any optic in 1x it is visible a lot - only time that it is not visible is when the optic got zoom more than 1x then it smudges itself

ArmA doesn't simulate that ,but we decided to do it and keep it.

"The Gap" is fine even A3 scopes got that

and as i said before the 3D PIP is the question for the future , not for now ...

Edited by RobertHammer

To echo RobertHammer I do own an Aimpoint CompM2 after a decade of using it in Iraq (for that one year only) and in civilian life that the killflash is very visible and doesn't hinder viewing at all.

Edited by EricJ

Well, I have to agree on 1x kill-flash visibility. Actually its not as bad as in RL when u pointed it out...

Ok please RE-DOWNLOAD the addon, I've hotfixed some fixes that RH made. The NightForce is now the correct scale and has a little more glossiness to the texture. The reflection on the red dot lenses has also been toned down quite significantly.

Enjoy!

I think the nightforce generally sits to low. it's pretty much always "hitting" the iron sights. but other than that, great stuff!!!

Now reflections are spot on. How about configs with ace/adv.ballistic adjustment compatibility?

Now reflections are spot on. How about configs with ace/adv.ballistic adjustment compatibility?

I'll have a look into it mate, but I'm happy you're pleased with the tweaks.

Edited by IanSky

The SpecterDR model is excellent, awesome actually, exactly what I was expecting. The killflash is well and realistically modelled, please don't change it, though the reflection on the red dot does seem a touch strong for me also.

Really nice mod overall. This SpecterDR is now my guy's stock optic!

Now, about that SpecterDR 1.5x/6x with a 7.62mm NATO BDC... ;)

The SpecterDR model is excellent, awesome actually, exactly what I was expecting. The killflash is well and realistically modelled, please don't change it, though the reflection on the red dot does seem a touch strong for me also.

I suggest you to redownload - reflections are fixed on all rds'ses in updated file.

Just for clarification, that reticule is the civilian version and not the SU-230 reticule that Ian and RH used, presumably because they were trying to emulate the -230.

It would be great if you add NVG compatibility because we have to carry to different scopes for night mission, Eg. Spectre DR scope & ARMA 3 RCO. And plaese do not add kill flash if you make this one.

Regards..

I think what RH was alluding to is that the Elcan isn't really compatible with NODs that are being worn. You can't just push your tube into the ocular eyepiece and see everything. In reality, you would need some sort of additional NVS that gets attached to the rail in front of the scope in order to see (for example, like a PVS-22). So having to carry different scope devices is actually realistic.

For those that are interested, here are some quick and dirty pictures I took of an Elcan with a killflash. Due to the limitations of trying to do this on my iPhone, the pic at 4x doesn't quite show the honey comb as much as you really see it. To your actual eye, you see it slightly more than in the pic. Also, the pic at 1x is showing more of the killflash than you actually see with your eye. That said, it's still very noticeable, which is why I take mine off, as I find it annoying.

1x:

Elcan1x_zps5bbdlxec.jpg

4x:

Elcan4x_zpsrtxfiizo.jpg

(I think I have these down below 100k, but it's hard to tell with Photobucket.

---------- Post added at 16:12 ---------- Previous post was at 15:54 ----------

Forgot to add... Thanks for releasing these! It's great to finally see them in game.

Just for clarification, that reticule is the civilian version and not the SU-230 reticule that Ian and RH used, presumably because they were trying to emulate the -230.

I think what RH was alluding to is that the Elcan isn't really compatible with NODs that are being worn. You can't just push your tube into the ocular eyepiece and see everything. In reality, you would need some sort of additional NVS that gets attached to the rail in front of the scope in order to see (for example, like a PVS-22). So having to carry different scope devices is actually realistic.

For those that are interested, here are some quick and dirty pictures I took of an Elcan with a killflash. Due to the limitations of trying to do this on my iPhone, the pic at 4x doesn't quite show the honey comb as much as you really see it. To your actual eye, you see it slightly more than in the pic. Also, the pic at 1x is showing more of the killflash than you actually see with your eye. That said, it's still very noticeable, which is why I take mine off, as I find it annoying.

1x:

4x:

(I think I have these down below 100k, but it's hard to tell with Photobucket.

---------- Post added at 16:12 ---------- Previous post was at 15:54 ----------

Forgot to add... Thanks for releasing these! It's great to finally see them in game.

Absolutely class mate and spot on. I just wish it was possible to reduce the tunneling effect even more, but I suppose game and real-life are two different things. Seeing as you own one, let me know if you notice any inaccuracies, of-course it isn't a 1-to-1 but I'd be interested to know what you think.

About it - it's coming. :yay:

Edited by IanSky

Absolutely class mate and spot on. I just wish it was possible to reduce the tunneling effect even more, but I suppose game and real0life are two different things. Seeing as you own one, let me know if you notice any inaccuracies, of-course it isn't a 1-to-1 but I'd be interested to know what you think.

I don't tend to play with 3D scopes in A3, but I'll mess around with them in game and have a look. That said, I find that the real Elcan has such a restrictive eye box that it's VERY easy to tunnel in either 1x or 4x. So having some tunneling in game may not be a bad thing. Then again, I just shoot mine at a range and not as part of my day job, so take it for what it's worth (which may not be much).

Regardless, again, it's great to finally have a high quality SU-230 in game. Thank you both for your work.

I suggest you to redownload - reflections are fixed on all rds'ses in updated file.

I stand corrected, this is perfect now, just enough reflection to give the effect, but not too much. Awesomesauce.

I think what RH was alluding to is that the Elcan isn't really compatible with NODs that are being worn. You can't just push your tube into the ocular eyepiece and see everything.

Agree completely. The real SpecterDR isn't NODs compatible, so this shouldn't be either. The RDS is a fine compromise for this.

About it - it's coming. :yay:

OMFG... :cool: