;2937523']AWESOME release' date=' Iansky, you were missed this last year or so ;) A little feedback - I´ve only tested your optics on Virtual Arsenal VR map, but it seems that the red dots lenses (except for the NX-01) all had a little bit too much reflection that sometimes almost killed the red dot brightness, and I´ve noticed the SpecterDR with red dot has also the BUIS right beside it, it seems to be just eye candy but the VTN team managed to make a way to toggle between scope, red dot and BUIS using consecutive crtl+RMB function, would be nice addition of a feature! And if MRT fuctions could be integrated, the barska red dot could change the crosshair pattern, just like vanilla ACO can do with MRT on =)

Keep up the great work!

cheers![/quote']

Thanks for the feedback and cheers! The red dot lenses are only reflective when there's a light source behind them, probably why the RX-01 doesn't suffer from this because of the hood. You'll find that when you look into a different direction they become completely transparent. As for the BUIS it may be possible, however I wanted to get this out to everyone without anymore delays. That said there's more to come in the future so it's a possibility.

As for the "gunk" I can remove it or limit it in a future update.

Thanks guys!

Edit:

Please re-download the addon as I incorrectly mixed the upload files up. You should now find the correct files and sub-directories within the download! Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edited by IanSky

I don't mean to be a bother, but how do you install these. I created a folder @SMA3 Iansky, then tried to add it via the mod system, but it was rejected. Is modifying the execute still necessary, or am I missing something?

Thanks for any assistance.

I don't mean to be a bother, but how do you install these. I created a folder @SMA3 Iansky, then tried to add it via the mod system, but it was rejected. Is modifying the execute still necessary, or am I missing something?

Thanks for any assistance.

Hi there buddy, if you re-download the addon you'll find everything ready to be dropped into the main Arma directory. I mixed the files up accidently! Sorry!!

While on the hype train - scopes and RDSes (specially C-more) look absolutely amazing with some exceptions - don't like the see-able kill-flashes on T1 and Specter KF (shame coz i would use KF instead of standard because of the RDS - We did reviews on accessories some time ago and majority decided that those weird honeycombs ruins the scopes - idk for sure but I think because of that RHS removed kill-flashes from their sights. I mean only stuff which u can see through glass - not external model. Got a bit disappointed by specter - somehow I understood that it will be PIP 3D not BI "3D", but I guess you are going to work on that later on. Nightbeast... Compared with Specter the detail on Beast somehow look washed out. Also see-through edged is bad thing - I'd blur or cover it completely instead. And last - are the any configs which would let me use NB with Ace3 or Advanced ballistic scope adjustment? I noticed RHS scopes are not compatible with ace too, which again unfortunately brings me back to vanilla LR scopes.

Many thanks for your hard work. These scopes look great. Trying them now.

These are pretty special, will be using a lot. Thanks for sharing your work.

Updated mod v6.2 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey IanSky , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Can't wait to try this out when I get back on. Gonna look so amazing on my SCAR-H kits and Mk18/M4Block2's

As I tell all modders, thanks for all your hardwork. The community appreciate all the hardwork. Looking forward to what you have in store for future releases.

Edited by Rockdpm

While on the hype train - scopes and RDSes (specially C-more) look absolutely amazing with some exceptions - don't like the see-able kill-flashes on T1 and Specter KF (shame coz i would use KF instead of standard because of the RDS - We did reviews on accessories some time ago and majority decided that those weird honeycombs ruins the scopes - idk for sure but I think because of that RHS removed kill-flashes from their sights. I mean only stuff which u can see through glass - not external model. Got a bit disappointed by specter - somehow I understood that it will be PIP 3D not BI "3D", but I guess you are going to work on that later on. Nightbeast... Compared with Specter the detail on Beast somehow look washed out. Also see-through edged is bad thing - I'd blur or cover it completely instead. And last - are the any configs which would let me use NB with Ace3 or Advanced ballistic scope adjustment? I noticed RHS scopes are not compatible with ace too, which again unfortunately brings me back to vanilla LR scopes.

Little harsh don't you think?

Killflashes are visible in the real optics if you don't like it - use versions without it , simple

PIP 3D - maybe in the future

"see-through edged is bad thing" - what? :confused:

Very nice mod..

I love Spectare DR.

I want to see 2 things in that.

1. this reticule with red dot on it... https://eightzero.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/rdvariation.gif

2. NVG compatible.

3. little more zoom like 4x

Not possible with current A3 - because A3 supports only 1 illumination option so we decided to use the whole reticle illumination instead of dot , while the 2D does have a dot illumination (due of one A3 bug)

NVG compatible ? - uhm maybe only with 1x

More zoom? - we used the default A3 3D zoom scope values ,if you want more then use the 2D variant instead

Edited by RobertHammer

I would like to thank you for this amazing work. Now we have some fantastic scopes.

"see-through edged is bad thing" - what? :confused:

On my display there's a hairline gap down the right-hand side of the Beast scope overlay. I wonder if that's what he means.

IAN SKY and ROBERT HAMMER thank you for this superb update, waited for these like children for christmans ;) and i´m not be disappointed.

Really good work.

Mayby i want to have some things more like in real but i think you have get the best out of the possibilities in arma.

Thx allot for many varations and love the optics with killflashes brings the special force flair down to the ground and nsnipe my group can handel it and only because majority cant handle it or dont like it you would delete them oh man ;).

So thank you ian sky that you watch on minority groups too hehehehe.

good-job-picture.jpg

required "asdg joint rails" is missed ;)

Amazing work guys! Just wondering, why not to include this into RH Acc pack so it's in one package?

Sorry to hear that you're a little underwhelmed with the release. You have to remember that the Arma engine isn't out there for having the best PBR system or anything. The textures look less amazing in-game simply because the gloss and specular map support isn't particularly good and thus you won't get the finer details that you may see in the preview renders. The KF's were designed to have the honeycomb visible because of a few design choices, namely it's an aesthetic thing. However we made them as polygon planes and thus they don't have a physical thickness which makes them unobtrusive on-screen. The SpecterDR was always going to use a 3D viewing system, especially once they release the new collimator tech. If you're looking for a Red Orchestra style sniping experience then you're looking in the wrong place, PIP scopes are laggy and detrimental to performance which makes them unappealing to most.

However what RHS does and what other content creators do is their thing, this is a separate addon with different opinions backing its development.

On my display there's a hairline gap down the right-hand side of the Beast scope overlay. I wonder if that's what he means.

I'm going to investigate this now, what resolution screen are you using?

Edited by IanSky
  • Like 1

1920 x 1080, Small(est, V.Small?) Interface Size. I'm not sure, I may have futzed with my FOV settings at some point (but this is the only scope that does this for me);

fovTop=1;

fovLeft=1.78;

uiTopLeftX=0.32397005;

uiTopLeftY=0.26499999;

uiBottomRightX=0.67602992;

uiBottomRightY=0.73500001;

IGUIScale=0.47;

EDIT: Pic

Edited by Defunkt

Sorry to hear that you're a little underwhelmed with the release. You have to remember that the Arma engine isn't out there for having the best PBR system or anything. The textures look less amazing in-game simply because the gloss and specular map support isn't particularly good and thus you won't get the finer details that you may see in the preview renders. The KF's were designed to have the honeycomb visible because of a few design choices, namely it's an aesthetic thing. However we made them as polygon planes and thus they don't have a physical thickness which makes them unobtrusive on-screen. The SpecterDR was always going to use a 3D viewing system, especially once they release the new collimator tech. If you're looking for a Red Orchestra style sniping experience then you're looking in the wrong place, PIP scopes are laggy and detrimental to performance which makes them unappealing to most.

However what RHS does and what other content creators do is their thing, this is a separate addon with different opinions backing its development.

I have a few suggestions too Iansky. It all on the spectre. I notice in order to change zoom values of the scope itself, you have to change the firemode, and i assume full auto would be the scope on 1x and 4x would be on semi. But to be honest, it would be easier if we could toggle 1x, 4x, and BUIS/BURDS with the change optic key, just like some other mods. This would give us the freedom to use full or semi on either 1x or 4x - Redundant to go full auto on 4x as its not feasible in real life, but for the sake of realism and operator's freedom. Also another thing mainly on the 2D variant. Is it also possible to have the scope 4x on 2D, but 1x not on 2D? It would be like some scopes made by Roberthammer, such as his ACOG, it can go 2D 4x zoom on his ACOG, but when you use the BUIS/BURDS, it goes into the 3D way where you can see the whole weapon and looking through the sight. I hope you get what I mean. All this is just some suggestions to help make your elcans feel more realistic and immersive. Other than that. I really appreciate and love this scopes. Thank you Iansky and RobertHammer.

I have a few suggestions too Iansky. It all on the spectre. I notice in order to change zoom values of the scope itself, you have to change the firemode, and i assume full auto would be the scope on 1x and 4x would be on semi. But to be honest, it would be easier if we could toggle 1x, 4x, and BUIS/BURDS with the change optic key, just like some other mods. This would give us the freedom to use full or semi on either 1x or 4x - Redundant to go full auto on 4x as its not feasible in real life, but for the sake of realism and operator's freedom. Also another thing mainly on the 2D variant. Is it also possible to have the scope 4x on 2D, but 1x not on 2D? It would be like some scopes made by Roberthammer, such as his ACOG, it can go 2D 4x zoom on his ACOG, but when you use the BUIS/BURDS, it goes into the 3D way where you can see the whole weapon and looking through the sight. I hope you get what I mean. All this is just some suggestions to help make your elcans feel more realistic and immersive. Other than that. I really appreciate and love this scopes. Thank you Iansky and RobertHammer.

That thing is a ArmA issue ,but it can be fixed by simply pressing Num + or - for 4x/1x , pressing the optic mode gives you buis - same thing is on 2D which got proper 4x zoom

Edited by RobertHammer

IanSky, here´s my issues with reflection... as it is that A3 landscape texture projected over the red dot lenses, it reaaaally obstructs the view... is there a way to tone it down more?

Pics -> http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=444223393 http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=444223111 http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=444221160

And of course, my suggestions of MRT usage on Barska and VTN´s triple aim toggle on SpecterDR are suggestions for a future adoption... keep up the great work!

cheers!

That thing is a ArmA issue ,but it can be fixed by simply pressing Num + or - for 4x/1x , pressing the optic mode gives you buis - same thing is on 2D which got proper 4x zoom

Aight I have tried it out and it works out! Well I also do hope that can be fixed if its ever made possible, and I do hope for the 2D variants, it would have the ability to look through 1x in 3D and 4x in 2D, which is similar to your ACOG scopes, where you have a 2D view when looking through the scope, and when you switch to 1x, it will look through the spectre like a normal RDS. I supposed that will fix changing zoom values with the fire selector. Do take my request into consideration! I think people might agree with me. Thanks once again!

;2937746']IanSky' date=' here´s my issues with reflection... as it is that A3 landscape texture projected over the red dot lenses, it reaaaally obstructs the view... is there a way to tone it down more?

Pics -> [url']http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=444223393[/url] http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=444223111 http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=444221160

And of course, my suggestions of MRT usage on Barska and VTN´s triple aim toggle on SpecterDR are suggestions for a future adoption... keep up the great work!

cheers!

Ok I see what you mean, I'll have a look into it with RH.

As for the NightForce, can anyone else confirm this issue with there being a gap on the side? I don't see any issue, maybe someone could take a screenshot?

Edited by IanSky

Updated mod v6.2 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png?1431818235

Anyone else finding that this update isn't registering in the actual withSIX client?

In any case, I've created a ticket on the SIX forums over here.

Beautiful work Ian. I particularly like the new low-mounted version of the Aimpoint T1

I'm wondering though; is the BEAST scaled correctly?

Reading the specifications for the scope, the OAL is 15.37in/390mm. It looks a little small ingame next to weapons of known length like the Mk.14 (44.3in/1,126mm OAL, 22in/559mm BBL) or with respect to the general anthropomorphic measurements of a unit model (390mm is about the width of the chest on the sample Arma 3 underwear model).

Obviously I don't have the model to measure directly in ObjectBuilder, but if you create a box [F7] and enter 0.39 in the Size X/Y/Z fields, it'll probably indicate how it compares to an ingame length of 390mm