yeah i sometimes get ahead of myself in terms of functionality in real world vs what really is actually needed in a video game in the end. I see what you mean on the fact that all 3 features are doable without help from MRT! i dunno where my head was going!

Edited by --mastermind--

Hi:

The elcan and the Beast, are already in last update????

I told this before but we need also a Sniper Rifle mod would tha be cool:D

The Beast and Elcan have never been released to date, I plan to expand the long range optics in due course.

@--mastermind--

Don't worry, we'll get everything to a satisfactory state before release. That means presenting the in-game models relatively accurate to the real world cans with functional view sets.

P.s. Front page updated! Updates are imminent people, get ready for a drop soon...

Edited by IanSky

How much longer shall we expect to wait until the update is complete?

Until it´s done. On this Forums we dont ask for Release dates...

Looking sharp man, looking sharp. The better the bake, the better ingame result :)

My many apologize, technically the models are all done - indeed I'm ready to go but waiting on some tasty textures from some talented artists over at Gamebanana. I could have textured them myself, but I'm wanting something that looks sharp, so handing it over to someone else for special treatment. Of-course this means I need to wait for them to finish, so at the moment I'm waiting in the dark just as much as you guys. I'll keep you posted when I know more. The release will be any day now, when though - I don't know...

Sorry and thanks again for checking in!

Silent release on the specter dr ?

Pikmonster mayby you need to wait for asdg jr cfg or do it yourself.

Cant wait to see how it is ingame, will test it after work.

Not sure, looking though the config, in file version 6.1, I only see the first four scopes; RDS, reflex, T1 and Delta.

I was able to attach them to RHS and RH's weapons, but not to vanilla, the RHARD Mk18/M4B2's or Toadies'.

Not sure, looking though the config, in file version 6.1, I only see the first four scopes; RDS, reflex, T1 and Delta.

I was able to attach them to RHS and RH's weapons, but not to vanilla, the RHARD Mk18/M4B2's or Toadies'.

Same here.... This makes me a sad panda

Hello ladies, really sorry about this. Truly am. I started an internship at a web & print studio which has swallowed my time up. There's also been a huge delay in the textures coming through, I'm starting to look at having to do them myself which is ny-on impossible for me at the moment. Be sure that when everything is released, compatibility and quality will have jumped. I'm making sure the textures, normal maps and models have been spruced up.

To get an idea of the texture quality you'll be looking at, have a look at the Delta RDS and T1... I'm really trying to push the PBR style on these but it's taking time.

https://copy.com/CxgVJEpXveG7mekL

https://copy.com/ItIHpxxnV1UFCPNU

Edit:

WIP shots of the Elcan texture, hope you guys like it!

https://copy.com/cXYwweMIhbwzcuoi

Edited by IanSky

I think you were stressing over nothing. Those textures are satisfactory.

Do you have a idea of what the reticle will look like? And will it have iron sights on top like in the original model or a red dot?

ArmA 3 is severely lacking in ranged night vision optics. This seems like a great opportunity to create a version of the Elcan SpecterDR with an attached CNVD or a PVS14, something that could fill a much-needed niche in night time operating.

They look great to me so far mate thumbsup.gif

I think you were stressing over nothing. Those textures are satisfactory.

Do you have a idea of what the reticle will look like? And will it have iron sights on top like in the original model or a red dot?

Reticle will be the true SpecterDR one - there will be one variant with the iron sights and other with a red dot

Edited by RobertHammer

Reticle will be the true SpecterDR one

There are a couple of different reticles available for the DR.

The DFOV14-C1 and DFOV14-C2 versions have the reticle shown in your pic but the C2 is calibrated for 7.62mm while the C1 is for 5.56mm. There's also the DFOV14-C3 version with a 5.56mm chevron reticle and the SU-230/PVS for SOCOM that has this reticle (another pic).

As far as I can tell the SOCOM reticle is largely the same as the reticle of the DFOV156-C1 1.5-6x versions of the DR just without windage/lead ticks, or the SFOV4-C1 (SpecterOS4) reticle with an illuminated dot instead of an illuminated cross and some extra BDC marks for MGs.

Reticle will be the true SpecterDR one - there will be one variant with the iron sights and other with a red dot

Okay thanks for the info

And thanks RH for working with this guy. He's got great talent and it goes well with your weapon pack.

Edited by Rockdpm

There are a couple of different reticles available for the DR.

The DFOV14-C1 and DFOV14-C2 versions have th...and the SU-230/PVS for SOCOM that has this reticle (another pic).

Concur. The SU-230s I've seen have that (non-circle) reticule. What Robert linked to was the civilian Gen 3 DR reticule. The civilian reticule is also thicker than the SU-230 version.

As far as I can tell the SOCOM reticle is largely the same as the reticle of the DFOV156-C1 1.5-6x versions of the DR just without windage/lead ticks, or the SFOV4-C1 (SpecterOS4) reticle with an illuminated dot instead of an illuminated cross and some extra BDC marks for MGs.

My understanding is that the SU-230 reticule was based off of the TA01-NSN reticule (because US gov owned that design), and that's why it didn't have windage marks, unlike the TA31.

Concur. The SU-230s I've seen have that (non-circle) reticule. What Robert linked to was the civilian Gen 3 DR reticule. The civilian reticule is also thicker than the SU-230 version.

My understanding is that the SU-230 reticule was based off of the TA01-NSN reticule (because US gov owned that design), and that's why it didn't have windage marks, unlike the TA31.

You are right , this one is the SU-230 reticle > http://s800.photobucket.com/user/docrock184/media/DSC01276.jpg.html , which later Trijicon used similar reticle on TA31ECOS for SOCOM too

and this is one is the DR's comercial reticle > http://www.gunquester.com/Images/topbar%20pages/Optics/reviews/specterDR/elcan_specterDR_illuminated_reticle_center_only_556.jpg

anyways we will decide which reticle will be used when the model will be ready

Edited by RobertHammer