Ok, sorry to leave everyone in the dark - I've had exams the last week...

Anyway, I don't have any screenshots however I can confirm that the SpecterDR is nearing completion, I've created three individual Killflash attachments, low and tall mounts for the T1 (Again) and yes, there'll be a tan and dark variation of the DR.

It's all coming together nicely...

Great news on all counts. Can't wait!

Ok, sorry to leave everyone in the dark - I've had exams the last week...

Anyway, I don't have any screenshots however I can confirm that the SpecterDR is nearing completion, I've created three individual Killflash attachments, low and tall mounts for the T1 (Again) and yes, there'll be a tan and dark variation of the DR.

It's all coming together nicely...

Great news Ian, thank you very much!

terrific! Thanks for the update, man! ;)

Any news, Iansky?

Hope that you continues your excellent work!!!

I really hope you working on it, you are the king of the scopes ;). Didnt know you actually working on an SpecterDR really awesome, hope i can attach this sight soon on my rifle ;).

It's quite easy to forget about really great mods as you take them for granted. Every mod set I have contains these high quality scopes. I hope your project is still ongoing. :beeeers:

Thanks

Can't wait for thous awesome scopes to play with, Only thing missing for me a Rifle MOD with all the new and good old ones :) you know!!!!!!

Oh hello there, look what I just coughed up!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7741113/Elcan_1080.png (1312 kB)

Can I smell war?

Hi-Res - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7741113/Elcan.png (2949 kB)

P.S. I've been gone for a while because I moved countries, hope you like the latest render. I'm really trying to push the bar higher than before, have put allot of effort and time into the SpecterDR.

Also, I'm looking for people to work with me on the project, please contact me for more details! 3D Modelling/Texturing skills preferred...

Edited by IanSky

I just browsed this thread for the first time, and I must say your modeling/texturing is very professional. The NF BEAST really caught my eye. Which reticle are you planning on using on it, and will it be calibrated correctly?

You sneaky bugger, I've been waiting for a Spectre for so god damn long and that render you posted, damn son!

Which reticle are you planning on using on it, and will it be calibrated correctly?

It will use Nightforce MLR reticle - i would love to use newer reticles like Horus but only if arma 3 supported the First Focal Plane reticles

it kinda does but its using step zoom which is a very cheap way to simulate the First Focal Plane reticle and arma does support Second Focal Plane reticles

It will use Nightforce MLR reticle - i would love to use newer reticles like Horus but only if arma 3 supported the First Focal Plane reticles

it kinda does but its using step zoom which is a very cheap way to simulate the First Focal Plane reticle and arma does support Second Focal Plane reticles

It is a real bummer to not have both smooth zooming and a consistently calibrated 1st focal plane effect, especially for those like myself using Advanced Ballistics. Until it happens I favor stepped zooming with correct reticles. I've been having an absolute blast with RHS's Horus reticle...Spot on windage and elevation holds.

So what's the particular issue with the smooth zoom, does the reticle not zoom at the same rate as the rendered image?

blimey thought you'd fallen off the planet - good to have you back Ian