Happy new year Ian, nice avatar change ; D

And to you too my friend, thankyou for following the mod and Happy New Year to everyone else!

Here's some more tweaking I've done, trying to bring out the subtle details in the texture:

SCOPENF_TWP3.png

Thanks for the comments guys!

I'm happy to share a quick WIP shot of the tweaks I've been working on.

As you can see from the image, there is now a black, re-baked (Normals fixed) and texture edited version of the RXO1 scope. Next to it, and due to popular demand, the RDS scope has now had additional edges added to the frame as-well as having the lens area lowered (It was too tall) and widened slightly. In addition, the RDS has also had a completely new re-bake done which now removes most if not all shading errors on the model.

modup2v.png

As you can see from the image, the RXO1 and T1 (Not pictured) scopes will now be receiving the killflash attachment along with their own variants.

I'm also happy to announce, again due to popular demand, that the T1 will now be receiving a low slim-mount variant for CQB weapons.

Stay tuned, more stuff to come!

The above picture is the actual game model, the new bakes came out well good!

Edit:

Ok, the RXO1 variant is completed, now to finish the T1 and it'll be time to wrap this update up.

KF_RX%20(1).png

Edit #2:

T1 Updated

T1UP2VR.png

Edited by IanSky

Great dedication sir, respect to you!

Looking forward to the refined version of RDS! I loved that one the most.

Respect Ian! Can't wait to see them in game but I would say that you created models on par of Arma 3 quality!

Not many people point that out but you can clearly see difference between low/normal models details/texture (Arma 2)

and arma 3 level of fidelity!And you sir just hit that high level arma 3 fidelity.Respect!

Your optics models are amazing, but what we really need now is versions of those micro dots with a working 3d magnifier, and likewise for the Eotech holo.

Your optics models are amazing, but what we really need now is versions of those micro dots with a working 3d magnifier, and likewise for the Eotech holo.

Agreed

what we really need now is versions of those micro dots with a working 3d magnifier, and likewise for the Eotech holo.

Not possible atm (if you want it to be animated) , it needs this to make it work

Edited by RobertHammer

I just did a little video showcase on these scopes if anyone is interested

Edited by ToxicSludge

I just did a little video showcase on these scopes if anyone is interested

Looks awesome Toxic, mind if I use it on the front page?

Sorry I haven't updated the mod yet, I've been inundated with work and haven't had the time to get Arma 3 installed (I formatted) and stuff.

The models are all ready for exporting, everything has been re-baked and textured, It just needs to be compiled and signed for release.

I'll try and get it sorted out ASAP!

Ta

Looks awesome Toxic, mind if I use it on the front page?

Sorry I haven't updated the mod yet, I've been inundated with work and haven't had the time to get Arma 3 installed (I formatted) and stuff.

The models are all ready for exporting, everything has been re-baked and textured, It just needs to be compiled and signed for release.

I'll try and get it sorted out ASAP!

Ta

Can't wait for that SpectreDR

Hello,

First of all thanks for the mod, I enjoyed using it, especially the RX01.

I'd been facing a problem though. I'd discovered that the mod causes lack of scopes mounted on BIS sniper rifles. That is, in essential missions I found myself with iron-sighted rifles only.

Turning off your scope mod solved the problem bringing the BIS scopes back (I removed iansky_opt.pbo, iansky_opt.pbo.iansky_opt.bisign and iansky_opt.bikey files from "addons" and "keys" folders), but I get 'no entry bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.iansky_rds' error. Maybe it's connected with other mods (I'm using a lot of them: TPW, TMR, VTS_Resting, bCombat, RH packs, FHQ)? But I don't get it how the error occurs while there are no files of your mod left.

Thanks in advance.

Can you confirm that the SpectreDR is currently WiP? Can't wait for the release of it!

Alright, bad news chaps - well atleast, there won't be any updates for a short while more.

Unfortunately I sold my desktop last month and stupidly forgot to fully backup my files - and hey, guess what? The mod files were the cherry picked few that I bloody forgot to backup.

So unfortunately, atleast for now the Nightforce scope is cancelled and the planned revamp for all the current models that I had completed and was waiting to release with the update is lost.

I'm in talks with RobertHammer to establish what files he has backed up, hopefully I may be able to bring some of the stuff back from the grave but no promises.

I'll keep you guys updated, sorry for not letting you guys know sooner.

Gah! And I had only just nailed the f#@king bakes on the models too! What a pain in the arse...

Alright, bad news chaps - well atleast, there won't be any updates for a short while more.

Unfortunately I sold my desktop last month and stupidly forgot to fully backup my files - and hey, guess what? The mod files were the cherry picked few that I bloody forgot to backup.

So unfortunately, atleast for now the Nightforce scope is cancelled and the planned revamp for all the current models that I had completed and was waiting to release with the update is lost.

I'm in talks with RobertHammer to establish what files he has backed up, hopefully I may be able to bring some of the stuff back from the grave but no promises.

I'll keep you guys updated, sorry for not letting you guys know sooner.

Gah! And I had only just nailed the f#@king bakes on the models too! What a pain in the arse...

I feel for you mate. I'm paranoid about backing up stuff ever since a debacle during my PhD, and stories like yours make me glad that I am! I hope you can get back on your feet, I love your wonderful scopes.

Sorry to hear that. I hope you can recover something!

GOOD NEWS! It's the new Dacia Sandero! - Well no (Thumbs up to whoever gets the reference) but I have managed to recover the basic files for the models, so while not perfect it does mean that with a little work I'll be able to get things rolling again. I'll put as much time as I can into this, and boy do I have a big surprise for you guys at the end! It's taken me a few hours to get one of the scopes to the point where I can texture it, so a good days work should get everything up to scratch.

News when I have some!

Grazie dio! HD Crashes may occur and frustate some release plans, but they aren´t enough to stop the willingness of ArmA modders! Keep them coming, I´m anxious to see screenies of this said surprise (coming from you, it is indeed good stuff) ;)

cheers!