;2512020']Hey IanSky' date=' nice job! You should PM Foxhound to host your file on Armaholic and some other mod to move your thread to Addons -> Complete =)

If you don´t mind, I would suggest to include in your future release scope list the [b']SUSAT [/b](Kiory´s SA80 just needs this optic... oh and Meshcarver´s STALKER themed island too)

keep up the excelent work!

Haha, cheers mate - That's kind of you and will do!

Currently updating the texture with the above reference!

More to come!

I just played around with the RDS and I loved it. The quality is pretty damn good, the only small issue I have with it is that the glass is too blue.

Keep up the awesome work.

Yup, I plan to update the glass as a last touch once I start to get things rolling. The problem is that if I linger too long on one model then I'll never get anything finished!

Anyways, I just did a last texture re-work for the scope, so be sure to download the latest version!

screenshot0.png

Hey IanSky! I´ve just tested you RDS, it´s really a nice addition, but I would request you to make a config for the vanilla weapons (or even, as RH is helping you, a config to include Mk18modI) so it is still attachable if we are using FHQ acessories or any other addon that adds new scopes... as it is it conflicts with FHQ acessories and vice versa (couldn´t use your rds, unless I would disable FHQ and other mods)

cheers and keep up the impressive work!

Thanks for informing us about the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

* Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

** topic moved to "ARMA 3 - ADDONS & MODS: COMPLETE"

hey man, a very cool sight. thank you for making it!

now to the request part: any chance you would place the eye memory point a bit further away so that while aiming we get to see a bit of the weapon too (i.e. more like bis aco sights)?

Really cool ;D

Just little problem with NVG :

http://nsa33.casimages.com/img/2013/09/22/130922034214672526.jpg (126 kB)

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=13155 The related feedback tracker issue.

Also, this mod conflicts with other scope mods, such as the optics provided with massi's pack and especially Alwarren's pack (it renders Alwarrens optics completely nonfunctional as far as I tested.)

The related feedback tracker issue is here: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=2766

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=13155 The related feedback tracker issue.

Also, this mod conflicts with other scope mods, such as the optics provided with massi's pack and especially Alwarren's pack (it renders Alwarrens optics completely nonfunctional as far as I tested.)

The related feedback tracker issue is here: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=2766

The problem inevitably is, that to make the mod work with other accessory/attachment addons from other modders would require creating configs for everything to work together. This unfortunately requires contacting everyone to get the mods to work together - Unfortunately time is something I do not have when it comes to chasing down other developers. So for the mean time, the mod is provided as is, sorry.

However once the lineup is completed then I'll be able to focus more on getting the mod to work with everything - That is, unless BIS develops a new mod system.

Looks pretty nice, I would upload it to Armaholic.com if I was you so that more people get to know it and try it out, I'm especially excited for the SpecterDR scope!

The problem inevitably is, that to make the mod work with other accessory/attachment addons from other modders would require creating configs for everything to work together. This unfortunately requires contacting everyone to get the mods to work together - Unfortunately time is something I do not have when it comes to chasing down other developers. So for the mean time, the mod is provided as is, sorry.

However once the lineup is completed then I'll be able to focus more on getting the mod to work with everything - That is, unless BIS develops a new mod system.

well, ive created such config for the mp7, but your mod conflicts with alwarren's attachments addon. Why not provide an additional small config that enables users to put the attachment on any weapon (but creates conflicts with other such overrides). At least this way you may opt out of the override, and so it lets those who incorporate your addon in their config avoid conflicts. Hope im making it clear; it's getting late.

Yeah, as GVsE said and done, if you give a config to weapon modders they can incorporate your RDS to their weapons, and you can make a config to, at least, use the RDS with the vanilla weapons (not as a generic attachment, as it seems, the lazy system BIS uses for attachments gives scope slots to only attach their scopes {MRCO, ACO, SOS, etc} +1 extra, so, when someone makes an attachment generic all guns could use it, it occupies that +1 extra slot, but any other generic attachment that is added later doesn´t work, as this +1 slot is already occupied)

Well, that´s how I understand this issue, it´s a speculation as I can´t write a config, but empirically I´ve reached this conclusion as I´ve installed lots of mods that conflict to each other (as FHQ acessories and Sudden´s russians).

So, you should write a config to assign your RDS to the scope proxy in the MX, MXM, Katiba, etc vanilla weapons... just a suggestion, or else the RDS will only be attachable to GVsE MP7, if someone uses FHQ and massi´s addons =)

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

It is but keep in mind the current IR laser you see in game is a 250ish meter long object that is shown under IR, if you were to make something similar you would have a rather ridiculous looking red stick attached to your rifle.

You could use a small dot at your aiming point however it would be nearly non visible at more than 50-100 meters and be inaccurate in most cases as it doesn't account for bullet drop over range.

Laser sights are for close target acquisition more than anything anyway. They wouldn't be used for distance shooting anyway. Just for close quarters, and awareness (less so with visible light on the awareness bit). At the ranges visible light laser sights would be used, bullet drop wouldn't be important.

I'm sure a simple crosshair tweak could simulate a laser dot, seeing as it does point of aim but doesn't correct for elevation/windage. It wouldn't be super accurate, but it'd work sorta.

---------- Post added at 15:35 ---------- Previous post was at 15:20 ----------

It'd be nice not to have the ArmA logo on the back for realism folks. I don't mind it all that much but I'd prefer it and I know there are bound to be people that freak out about it :p

Laser sights are for close target acquisition more than anything anyway. They wouldn't be used for distance shooting anyway. Just for close quarters, and awareness (less so with visible light on the awareness bit). At the ranges visible light laser sights would be used, bullet drop wouldn't be important.

I'm sure a simple crosshair tweak could simulate a laser dot, seeing as it does point of aim but doesn't correct for elevation/windage. It wouldn't be super accurate, but it'd work sorta.

---------- Post added at 15:35 ---------- Previous post was at 15:20 ----------

It'd be nice not to have the ArmA logo on the back for realism folks. I don't mind it all that much but I'd prefer it and I know there are bound to be people that freak out about it :p

It was only for safety's sake in-case the model was ever ripped. I'll make a version without the Arma III logo on the back at some point.

What's that I see? A teaser...? Really, what could it be? :P

Trijicon_Reflex.png

Edit:

More progress...

untitled.png

Edited by IanSky